How to start DA

kiramon

Dark Astoria? If Blueside you talk to Captain Nolan at the PD Station In Peregrine Isle. Redside you open the Threatening Arachnos Letter that appears in your contacts.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

You should be given the appropriate contact (the ones Frostbiter mentioned) automatically once you unlock your Alpha slot.

• Like 1

Anecdotal only, but on one character I never got the good Captain as a contact.

I had to pick him up manually, by starting his arc from Ourobouros. ("Eye of Judgement, Dark Astoria Prologue").

After that, things proceeded normally.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

2 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Anecdotal only, but on one character I never got the good Captain as a contact.

I had to pick him up manually, by starting his arc from Ourobouros. ("Eye of Judgement, Dark Astoria Prologue").

After that, things proceeded normally.

I've had the same thing happen on a couple characters, and I think (think?) it's to do with the fact they unlocked Alpha in AE; same dudes had trouble getting a mission out of Levantera (gave them some message about "Failed to load blah blah blah.  This is embarrassing, you shouldn't be seeing this message.")  Logging off/on fixed the Levantera thing, but never did get Nolan. I'll have to try the Oro thing.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

3 minutes ago, roleki said:

I've had the same thing happen on a couple characters, and I think (think?) it's to do with the fact they unlocked Alpha in AE

Definitely not in my case. This was a toon that had been duoing from the tutorial all the way to 50, all in the "real" world.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

My memory may be hazy but don't you only get Nolan as a contact after unlocking the alpha slot? So after compleing the Ramiel arc, or getting enough incarnate xp to unlock it that way. You can bypass that by going through Ouro though.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

On 7/20/2020 at 8:08 AM, kiramon said:

I noticed the Captain in there, but didn't know it was for DA. Took me to heather, so thank you 🙂

Worth mentioning that if you're doing a lot of stuff solo, or otherwise need to build up a supply of Incarnate stuff, Heather's preliminary arc is repeatable through Oroborous and has some good payouts at the ends. It can feel a bit tedious to keep restarting it, but it definitely has better returns than just redoing DA repeatable.

• Like 1