Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

Over here in Germany it is Christmas Eve that is the traditional celebration day. So I will not be online this saturday, got the house full with family. 

Love the idea of an all-stormie team, tho 💨⛈️

• Like 3

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

A very merry christmas to you all, my fellow Teamers Of The Theme! 

This is what I got from my daughter tonite, just needed to share it here:

qShTx6E.jpg

I am happy that my family is so supportive of my hobby 🙂 

... They are also making a lot of jokes about their gamer nerd daddy, however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 12/23/2022 at 5:30 AM, Jaxman100 said:

I will probably be traveling on Saturday, so I won't be available. 

Did you actually manage to get out, @Jaxman100? One hears horrific stories about weather over there...

9 hours ago, Bananiac said:

A very merry christmas to you all, my fellow Teamers Of The Theme! 

This is what I got from my daughter tonite, just needed to share it here:

I am happy that my family is so supportive of my hobby 🙂 

... They are also making a lot of jokes about their gamer nerd daddy, however.

That is precious ♥ Merry Christmas

Happy new year to all of you! 🥳 

I had the most relaxing 2 weeks off in years and a really good time chillin' with the family.

Are any of you planning to go online for Theme Team tomorrow?

I am, and if anybody wants to join me, I am happy to lead the Weekly SF. I think we got Tinpex and Dr Q, so proposing to go for Tinpex because Dr Q is... Dr Q.

How about Brute Forceing it with an all-Tank-or-Brute team? If that will be difficult to field, we can extend to an all-Melee case, so feel free to dig up what suits you best.

Cheerio

Ban

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Happy new year to all of you! 🥳 

I had the most relaxing 2 weeks off in years and a really good time chillin' with the family.

Are any of you planning to go online for Theme Team tomorrow?

I am, and if anybody wants to join me, I am happy to lead the Weekly SF. I think we got Tinpex and Dr Q, so proposing to go for Tinpex because Dr Q is... Dr Q.

How about Brute Forceing it with an all-Tank-or-Brute team? If that will be difficult to field, we can extend to an all-Melee case, so feel free to dig up what suits you best.

Cheerio

Ban

So glad to hear your 2 weeks off was relaxing. We all need more of that in our lives. 
I am available tomorrow for Theming. I have lots of melee characters who could do both TFs. Brute or Tanker or Scrapper (and to lesser extent, Stalker), so you name it and I'll be there!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Themer's and welcome to 2023! It's time to get the new year started right! Thanks for hosting today's session @Bananiac!

Jan 7 - TinPex (Level 50+ Alpha - Purple: RWZ) - All Tank/Brute team

Jan 14 - Synapse (Level 15-20 – Blue Side: Skyway City) - Any AT - Cow Costumes 

Jan 21 - Operative Renault (Level 25-30 – Red Side: Sharkhead Isle) - All weapons (at least one power must be a weapon of some sort) - Goth Costumes

Jan 28 - - Ice Mistral (Level 35-40 – Red Side: St Martial) - All Ice Powers (at least one power must be icy!) - Icy costumes to match!  

@TrixieKixx Emerald Dreamz - Psionic Melee/Ice Armor Stalker

@FrauleinMental  Radical Flambe - Rad/Fire Brute

@Bananiac Major Minotaur - Mercs/Cold Mastermind

@Midnyte Nytemayre - SoA: Arachnos Soldier

@TraumaTrain Sidesplitter - Savage Melee/Regeneration Scrapper

@drdread Picaro - Psy/Invul Brute

@BurntUmber Cattle Call - Sym/Thermal Controller

@Jaxman100 Grim Stone - SA/TW Tanker

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Jan 14 - Synapse (Level 15-20 – Blue Side: Skyway City) - Any AT - Cow Costumes 

I quickly repurposed my Mercs / Cold Mastermind Major Fenrir to a more bovine outfit and named him Major Minotaur.

Reporting for duty! 🐮

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, FrauleinMental said:

This seems ready-made for my farm toon, Radical Flambe (Rad/Fire Brute).  We'll see how well he's constructed for sub-50 content. 🙂

I am fascinated by your Flambe dude, that he appears to be hovering all the time! I have never tried playing a brute with hover. What's it like? Or is it some other effect and just looks like hover?

Count me in for the bovine Synapse, will update later with which Midnight Dame will be costumed as a cow. 😅

1/12 update: @TrixieKixx, Nytemayre - SoA: Arachnos Soldier

She is only level 20 so still in the "training and gadgets" phase but soon will choose her Baneful path. 😄 

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

I am fascinated by your Flambe dude, that he appears to be hovering all the time! I have never tried playing a brute with hover. What's it like? Or is it some other effect and just looks like hover?

It's Hover.  It's okay for a little bit of extra defense and mobility (and a slot for the LotG global), but I do have to be careful to stay at ground level so the auras still work.

The toon size seems to help me with remembering to stay at ground level--Radical Flambe is set to the tallest 'huge' height, so he always feels too high (making me want to drop altitude), whereas Cranberry Doctor (my rad/rad corruptor) is the shortest height and frequently hovers up out of ground aura position.

15 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

It's Hover.  It's okay for a little bit of extra defense and mobility (and a slot for the LotG global), but I do have to be careful to stay at ground level so the auras still work.

The toon size seems to help me with remembering to stay at ground level--Radical Flambe is set to the tallest 'huge' height, so he always feels too high (making me want to drop altitude), whereas Cranberry Doctor (my rad/rad corruptor) is the shortest height and frequently hovers up out of ground aura position.

Nice. I'm going to try it. I imagine my methodical usage of F-key for melee combat would keep me down at ground level.  I have to do it for my sentinels, as well, for their combat auras, and they are always in hover for combat.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 7:39 PM, Midnyte said:

Double TF today - All Tankers and Brutes!

Apex/Tin Mage Mark II

Saturday, 1/7/2023

Tin Mage Mark II

r7eeQHN.jpg

~The End~

Thank you so much again for the great collection of pics, @Midnyte!

This was fun and a nice demonstration of how powerful a Tank & Brute team can become. Nice job on the MoApex Badge everybody!

I was curious how miserable that final Battle Maiden fight would turn out to be, given we had to spend most of it in melee range. Overall, not too bad, I'd say! This usually gives me serious fits 🙂 

• Like 2