Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

11 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Yikes!  I hadn't thought about that.  I haven't tanked MLTF before, but I can give it a go.

It took us a minute to figure it out, but ultimately it worked great! I think we should always have 2 brutes on LR, or maybe a tanker and a brute. Did the rest of you do all right with the towers?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

It took us a minute to figure it out, but ultimately it worked great! I think we should always have 2 brutes on LR, or maybe a tanker and a brute. Did the rest of you do all right with the towers?

I did have my email window open throughout, and plowed through some of the team +def/+res inspirations I had saved up (and some of the +end to counter the drains).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:37 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Feb 12 – Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) – All Controller/Dominator Team  Fallen Angels/Enlightened Devils costumes (Valentine's colors!)

I plan to be there with my main (Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin CTRL) in her V-Day pink suit with energy wings.

I might be on much of the weekend--I'm trying to clear my schedule since my RL self is set to ding 50 the day before V-Day.  Mender Ramiel is calling. 🙂

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

I did have my email window open throughout, and plowed through some of the team +def/+res inspirations I had saved up (and some of the +end to counter the drains).

You done good! It was an honor to fight by your side. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

I plan to be there with my main (Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin CTRL) in her V-Day pink suit with energy wings.

I might be on much of the weekend--I'm trying to clear my schedule since my RL self is set to ding 50 the day before V-Day.  Mender Ramiel is calling. 🙂

Nice, you've got a saucy Valentine date with Mender Ramiel!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Midnyte said:

I totally agree! 😄 That Goblin is one tricky dude. 

As far as the glitch, though, have any of you ever seen that before? Where the cut scene only shows one character?

Nope. Never had that before.

Must have been The Luck Of The Goblins 🤩

• Haha 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Feb 4 – Ms. Liberty (Level 45-50 – Blue Side: Independence Port) – Any AT – Know Your Scales (Reptile Costumes)

Feb 11 – Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) – All Controller/Dominator Team – Fallen Angels/Enlightened Devils costumes (Valentine's colors!)

Feb 18 – Ernesto Hess (Level 25-30 – Blue Side: Striga Isle) – All Kheldian Team  Your choice of costume

Feb 25 – Mortimer Kal (Level 20-40 – Red Side: Sharkhead Isle) – All VEAT Team – Spy (sinister) costumes!

@TrixieKixx Wortha Wayte - Gravity/Traps Controller

@FrauleinMental Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller

@Burnt Umber Kataigis - Elec/Storm Controller

@Midnyte Stroke of Midnight - Dark/Rad Controller

@drdread Rabble - Ice/Fiery Dominator

@Jaxman100 Red Vine - Plant/Storm Controller

Tsoo Much - Montsoon - Symphony/Storm Controller

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1

Thanks for the fun photos Midnyte.

4 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Feb 11 – Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) – All Controller/Dominator Team – Fallen Angels/Enlightened Devils costumes (Valentine's colors!)

I'll bring Kataigis (Elec./Storm Controller)

On 2/4/2023 at 4:41 AM, Bananiac said:

Hope you can make it! Would love to see your Plants Lizard! Is that a name you just created for this theme, or is it "original"?

Thanks!  The name and costume were a creation just for this theme.  I've reverted her back to her usual costume and name, so it's all up for grabs for whoever may want it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

My lvl 45 Stroke of Midnight - Dark/Rad Controller needs to be a Beast Binder and could also use some XP. And exercise. 😄 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2023 at 12:11 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Back for vacation and ready to team-up!

As for which character. I`ll be using.. TBD. I have a level 50 controller ready to go, but there might be a lower level controller or domininator that needs some attention.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2023 at 10:10 AM, drdread said:

Back for vacation and ready to team-up!

As for which character. I`ll be using.. TBD. I have a level 50 controller ready to go, but there might be a lower level controller or domininator that needs some attention.

I feel ya! Every week I am torn between a 50 who could use the Notice of the Well drop, or a younger toon who could use the XP and/or teaming experience. Sometimes we do an impromptu second run of something that we decide on the spot, so I keep that in the back of my mind too. Glad you are back to join us!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bananiac said:

As I already mentioned last week, I won't be playing this weekend. Friends are coming to town and we will be busy partying.

@Midnyte @TraumaTrain: amongst them a familiar face for you 2 guys 😉

Ohhhhh I have witnessed you and your German friend partying together and know you will have a whole lot of fun there! 🍺🍻

• Haha 1

Tarikoss SF - Fallen Angels/Enlightened Devils - Any AT

Saturday, 2/11/2023

aPnn7yi.jpg

We ended up with 6 controllers and 1 dominator
ZcF7zg5.jpg

72bkPXz.jpg

4WyNFDp.jpg

GgmTmHe.jpg

Really nice costume @Burnt Umber. It looks like chocolate! 🍫
DPslwwX.jpg

This one is really creative! @Jaxman100
rXXMklo.jpg

We had 5 regulars sign up, and then recruited two more, including our friend Tsoo!
does anyone know his account name?)
rUI1bj0.jpg

The other of our two recruits. Rabble gettin' funky.
f8HJ5Lb.jpg

mnfDETV.jpg

9Pn9hRr.jpg

XmyeVSv.jpg

z2Mbe9f.jpg

unuwVh1.jpg

g4WeoQv.jpg

ZnTcWAr.jpg

In squinched-up missions, Stroke uses her ability to fold up her wings in a special manner to tuck them into themselves, so to speak, for cleaner combat. [angel wings >< cherub wings]

3dR5AdG.jpg

Q15aCnB.jpg

We're coming for you, Infernal!
39uk1lX.jpg

Trixie and I watch as Bat'Zul rises from the lava
jKYXIV4.jpg

@FrauleinMental, your pink mental effects looks really cool with those pink wings.
Tx0lmZA.jpg

6V1AC3J.jpg

q6xuyz8.jpg

Zero defeats. Easy peasy. 😄 
dSp3MJY.jpg

We then traveled to Port Oakes to subdue the zombie invasion that we spawned.

I have not one single picture of that! I think being distracted playing a character on each screen. Trixie and I were each able to do that and get zombie badges on two at once. We gathered at the usual spot near the arena, and were joined by 1 or 2 more players, and by this time we had a whole league going. It was great!

After the zombie invasion both Stroke of Midnight and Nyghtfall had leveled so they went to their trusty Arbiter to guide them forward in their careers.

rvsxIw5.jpg

After that, Trixie and I completed the last Hess arc so that he's all good and unlocked for next weekend. 🙂 

Fast forward several hours later.....

Here comes @Bananiac rolling in the door at (his) 2 a.m. and putting together a Penny Yin. @FrauleinMental and I were both online and joined up, and husband/wife team, and our friend Tsoo again!

Xms3PDN.jpg

Q9I2dw3.jpg

After that we decided to tend to Lusca, who kept peeking at us during the TF.

FLqOSIk.jpg

Started poking our friends to come join us, and pretty soon we had a nice league going.

2KDX9Sg.jpg

2dYkz4W.jpg

By that time, Fraulein and Ban had said goodbye, and Tsoo and I were left on Jupiter13's monster hunting expedition.

usGxpfh.jpg

We went to Kings Row and got 2 Padadins, Croatoa and got Jack & Eochai (Jack twice) and Sally, Boomtown for Babbage and Goliath WW. Maybe another 1 of 2 that I've forgotten.

0KYhWqy.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Feb 4 – Ms. Liberty (Level 45-50 – Blue Side: Independence Port) – Any AT – Know Your Scales (Reptile Costumes)

Feb 18 – Ernesto Hess (Level 25-30 – Blue Side: Striga Isle) – All Kheldian Team  Your choice of costume

Feb 25 – Mortimer Kal (Level 20-40 – Red Side: Sharkhead Isle) – All VEAT Team – Spy (sinister) costumes!

Thank you to @Midnytefor helping me finish the arc needed to get Ernesto Hess as a contact! You are the bomb-diggity!

@TrixieKixx Ebony Dreams - Tri-Warshade

@Burnt Umber Eury - Peacebringer

@FrauleinMental Cosmique - Peacebringer

@Midnyte Crystal Moonbow - all human PB

@drdread Darkula - Warshade

@Bananiac BarbarelIa - Peacebringer

@Jaxman100 Baron Jax - Warshade

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Thank you to @Midnytefor helping me finish the arc needed to get Ernesto Hess as a contact! You are the bomb-diggity!

You're welcome, it was extremely fun. We were a good duo. My ice/ice brute is in her 40s and will probably be my next 50. She is trying to beat out her fellow Dame, Stroke of Midnight who leveled to 48 during today's activities. 😄 That is the highest I've ever had a controller, the old days included! I've been ill for a couple of days with some kind of flu, and after that I just collapsed into bed for a nap. But I just got the Tarikoss pictures uploaded now, and I'm going to look through and see if I got anything share-worthy from the zombie invasion, or even @Bananiac's tipsy Yin later that night. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

I have never been comfortable with Kheldians. I was a CoV player back on live and only made heroes for Champion events and whatnot (Rich and I had functional SG bases on 4 servers, 2 villains and 2 heroes). So I am very familiar with building the VEATS, just not the EATs. 🤣

For the all-Kheldian Hess, I have 2 choices. A bi-form WS in her 20s, or a 50 PB that I got PLed a couple years ago and have never built. One thing I learned about Kheldians back on live is that I don't like all the different options of changing forms and whatnot during combat. I mean, I have read some very intricate attack chains that have you porting into the mobs in one form, quickly casting a power, and then quickly changing form to something else, blah blah. I don't have the patience for that. 😄 I also don't have the patience to try to handle the knockback on a team. I know it can be annoying for melee types or combo powersets if the player is careless about not using walls and corners for controlling the kb. I also get overwhelmed pretty quickly by having different power trays for the different forms.

The WS is bi-form for simplicity's sake. I really like the tank form so switch between that and human. But again, she has never gotten out of her 20s. 😅

The 50 PB is all human right now just to try it out in its simplistic form. I may like playing her if it's not complicted. So for now, that is who I will bring to Hess next week. Working on her build right now.

Crystal Moonbow - all human PB

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

When I rolled Cosmique on Live (my second character, rolled the day after leveling FM to 50), I went strictly human-form.  I didn't even bother with the shields, just played her as a blapper.  (Conversely, I never had a villain higher than 25 on Live, so I'd never even tried the VEATs on Live.)

Now, she's human/dwarf, but I use the dwarf mainly as an "oh crap" button or when a team otherwise really needs a tank.  It's easier now that forms don't turn off all your toggles but just suspend them.

• Thumbs Up 1

*pokes head in*

I personally play both my warshade and peacebringer as human form only. I don't really like all the shapeshifting and I like the way the shields and stuff look, lol. My human WS is one of the most fun characters I've ever played, but she definitely didn't get super fun until I finally got her into like the 30's. I also found it annoying trying to figure out how to manage my bars when she was initially human/dwarf (dwarf for busting out of mez). I also typically team with her since khelds benefit from teaming with other AT's and specc'd out of dwarf. Basically trying to build up her defense and took the interface that does -tohit to try and prevent mez from hitting me, and if I die, I'm usually surrounded by enemies because I stay in the middle of the pack typically and self-rez and go back to annihilating mobs.

Anywho, I did successfully graduate college. 😄 Just waiting for my diploma to get ordered and mailed to me. I have been trying to find a job and new apartment, but not having a lot of luck yet.

And if I am free this Saturday, @TrixieKixx, I would like to join with Cap'n Nova - Human PB :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

18 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

When I rolled Cosmique on Live (my second character, rolled the day after leveling FM to 50), I went strictly human-form.  I didn't even bother with the shields, just played her as a blapper.  (Conversely, I never had a villain higher than 25 on Live, so I'd never even tried the VEATs on Live.)

Very cool story! I love hearing about everyone's reasonings for AT choices and playstyle choices, etc.

18 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Now, she's human/dwarf, but I use the dwarf mainly as an "oh crap" button or when a team otherwise really needs a tank.  It's easier now that forms don't turn off all your toggles but just suspend them.

I knew about the toggle suspension but haven't even tried it yet on my WS but looking forward to it!

• Thanks 1