Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

Umber went 1st on Ill/FF, but I would like to bring a 2nd one nonetheless. More Phantoms More Better!

@TrixieKixx Sign me up with Kestrel Dawn please.

This is gonna be so good! 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Awesome Valentine's Day (eve eve) fun!

screenshot_220212-12-06-19_1a.thumb.jpg.d3ad591fe39514b91e8e77f28a86bfaa.jpg

A full team!  Citadel is not on-theme.  (Took me a couple of screenshots to get one mid-animation like I wanted.)

screenshot_220212-12-16-48a.thumb.jpg.c5581805e22dd6c9d2ab15b8a21bfa05.jpg

So much red/white/pink!  Even the pets!

screenshot_220212-12-18-06a.thumb.jpg.2007166e52984d0cc68c60b601841946.jpg

Sherwin-Williams is a Council plot.

screenshot_220212-13-22-47a.thumb.jpg.95745bb40fa9610122b9354aebe74865.jpg

There you are, Vandal.

screenshot_220212-13-26-24a.thumb.jpg.9f841dd1237dededb52649fd2ae8765d.jpg

TF Complete!  Pretty good time for Citadel.

screenshot_220212-13-27-14a.thumb.jpg.d5804023d66ebf2abd95f5b34f8d1268.jpg

After shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awesome pics, Fraulein and Midnyte! I loved this theme. It was sooooooooo pretty! My mouth is watering with our next theme. Trying to think of an original idea 😄 

Feb 5 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50; Red Side: Grandville) Any AT! Bring your best evil costume!  

Feb 12 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) Let's lock this down with all Controller/Dominator AT's! In honor of Valentine's Day, let's have pink, red, and/or white romantic costumes! 

Feb 19 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Hero or Villain: Rikti War Zone) Any AT! Junk Food costume theme! Chips & Dip? Donuts? French Fries? Pizza? Chocolate Covered Bacon? So many ideas!!!!  

Feb 26 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) Any AT! The costume theme is Clones! I will let Rich send out something super simple for all of us to look exactly the same since it is his idea from long, long ago 😄

@Midnyte - TBD

@Vuhart - Cynosura, Ice/Ice Blaster

@Burnt Umber - Microwave Popcorn, Grav/Rad Controller

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Feb 19 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Hero or Villain: Rikti War Zone) Any AT! Junk Food costume theme! Chips & Dip? Donuts? French Fries? Pizza? Chocolate Covered Bacon? So many ideas!!!!  

What a fun theme! There is so much junk food that I could choose. LOL. Also pretty much any character because so few have the Apocalyptic badge. I may look to see who can use the Notice of the Well drop. So save me a spot but list me as TBD for now, and I will update later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great pictures, @FrauleinMental and @Midnyte! Thanks a lot for taking the effort!  It was a so much fun locking down whole caves full of Nazi brickheads all drowning in pink. 🙂

Can't help it, I love Controllers and this was totally My Kind Of Thing.

@TrixieKixx will very likely not take part next saturday, as I will not be back home in time, I guess... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

1 minute ago, Bananiac said:

Great pictures, @FrauleinMental and @Midnyte! Thanks a lot for taking the effort!  It was a so much fun locking down whole caves full of Nazi brickheads all drowning in pink. 🙂

Can't help it, I love Controllers and this was totally My Kind Of Thing.

@TrixieKixx will very likely not take part next saturday, as I will not be back home in time, I guess... 

You're welcome, and thank you. I had a good time although it's a little confusing having 2 offensive powersets. My brain is old  and slow. 😄 I guess I will get used to it if I keep playing her more. I was never a fan of the hero ATs (except scrapper) so not really familiar with controller (is it easily soloable?) so I'm going to try to use her a lot and learn it well.

We will miss you next week for naughty food theme!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

I had a good time although it's a little confusing having 2 offensive powersets. My brain is old  and slow. 😄 I guess I will get used to it if I keep playing her more. I was never a fan of the hero ATs (except scrapper) so not really familiar with controller (is it easily soloable?) so I'm going to try to use her a lot and learn it well.

That's part of what I haven't quite gotten about Doms yet, since my CTRL main is so ingrained in my playstyle.  (After being gone for 7 years, I logged into HC and still had muscle memory for the powerset.)

Controllers are quite soloable (a lot of the early farmers on live were Fire/Kin or Ill/Kin).  For my experience, Mind is safe but slow (a lot of control tools that work solo better than teams), as long as you don't expect to go the usual meta of +4/x8.  Much as I'd like to have better damage on my primary, at least /Kin works better solo than /FF or /Emp.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Controllers are quite soloable (a lot of the early farmers on live were Fire/Kin or Ill/Kin).  For my experience, Mind is safe but slow (a lot of control tools that work solo better than teams), as long as you don't expect to go the usual meta of +4/x8.  Much as I'd like to have better damage on my primary, at least /Kin works better solo than /FF or /Emp.

Can confirm. My Main was Doc Medevac (You know him now as Dark Anaesthetist), a Mind/Emp Controller. An absolute Force in teams, but forget about going solo...

"Describe your Character in 2 Words:"  "Untouchable... Slooooowww!"

• Like 3

Thanks for the input @Bananiac and @FrauleinMental. That is pretty cool for your muscle memory to come right back like that. When I first logged on 3 years ago, I could not remember how to bring up my manage screen or how to get contacts or anything. LOL.

I *have* been soloing Stroke of Midnight set on -1. I'm doing the Pocket D spring fling missions. I even took out Countess Crey the EB! I just put all my rad juice on them and choke them and my hound pet does the rest. LOL. It is slow but something different to do. 

• Like 2

For our LGTF, I'll be bringing my Grav./Rad. Controller reskinned/renamed as "Microwave Popcorn."

And re: Controller (and Dominator) chat, I think the trick with some control sets is to decide what is the "opener" should be for every fight and work from there, applying the holdsand using attacks (Doms) or buffs/debuffs (Cont.) as necessary.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey Team, 

was SUPERvising the work of the technicians in Pocket D today while idle waiting for a TF to start and had another brilliant(!) (ahem) idea for a future Theme for us:

Super Apprentice Professions!*

The mexican nanny that has all the supercare of the world in her? The car electrician who is electrifying more than just cars? The careless litlle Janitor working at a nuclear particle accelerator?

You name it! 

What do you think?

*I hope this is the right term for what I mean. Basically, those jobs you typically don't go to college for...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bananiac said:

Hey Team, 

was SUPERvising the work of the technicians in Pocket D today while idle waiting for a TF to start and had another brilliant(!) (ahem) idea for a future Theme for us:

Super Apprentice Professions!*

The mexican nanny that has all the supercare of the world in her? The car electrician who is electrifying more than just cars? The careless litlle Janitor working at a nuclear particle accelerator?

You name it! 

What do you think?

*I hope this is the right term for what I mean. Basically, those jobs you typically don't go to college for...

That's a great idea, @Bananiac We call it apprentice or apprenticeship (in the US) when they are training for the role at a reduced salary in exchange for the training experience, but I get where you're going. I don't mind the title as long as we explain it properly. I'll have to think about it a little more.

@Midnyte @Burnt Umber @Vuhart ~ I hate to do this to you; however, I am not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Something personal has come up and I won't be available at the time we get together. I feel really bad about it, but home life comes before game life. I know you all understand. I hope you're still able to get together and invite others to join you. If you want to postpone, we can try this same theme again next month. It's up to you! Just let me know!!! BTW, I was going to bring my MM, Tator Tots.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/13/2022 at 6:01 PM, Midnyte said:

What a fun theme! There is so much junk food that I could choose. LOL. Also pretty much any character because so few have the Apocalyptic badge. I may look to see who can use the Notice of the Well drop. So save me a spot but list me as TBD for now, and I will update later.

Candy Corn: Dark/Dark Sentinel 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

@Midnyte @Burnt Umber @Vuhart ~ I hate to do this to you; however, I am not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Something personal has come up and I won't be available at the time we get together. I feel really bad about it, but home life comes before game life. I know you all understand. I hope you're still able to get together and invite others to join you. If you want to postpone, we can try this same theme again next month. It's up to you! Just let me know!!! BTW, I was going to bring my MM, Tator Tots.

Mmm... tater tots are one of my favorite junk food indulgences. 🙂 I completely understand, it doesn't always jibe with the timing of the scheduled event. I'll still join and see who shows up, and if we do this theme again in the future, all the more fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

Feb 5 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50; Red Side: Grandville) Any AT! Bring your best evil costume!  

Feb 12 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) Let's lock this down with all Controller/Dominator AT's! In honor of Valentine's Day, let's have pink, red, and/or white romantic costumes! 

Feb 26 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) Any AT! The costume theme is Clones! I will let Rich send out something super simple for all of us to look exactly the same since it is his idea from long, long ago 😄

Costume is up from @TraumaTrain

@TrixieKixx ~ Candy Canes, Ice Blast / Kin Corruptor

@TraumaTrain ~ Workshop, Electric/Devices Blaster

@Burnt Umber ~ Commenticia, Illusion/FF Controller

@Midnyte ~ Eternal Midnight, Energy/Elec Brute

@Bananiac ~ Dark Anaesthetist, Mind/Emp Controller

@Vuhart ~  Santorini, Fire/Stone Tanker

@Jaxman100 ~ Jax Prime, Ice Melee/Shield Stalker

@FrauleinMental ~ Princess Grace, Widow (Maybe)

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 2

Hi All!

Here are our themes for March. It should be a fun month!

Mar 5 – Operative Renault (Level 25-30 – Red Side: Sharkhead Isle) Junk Food costume theme! Chips & Dip? Donuts? French Fries? Pizza? Chocolate Covered Bacon? So many ideas!!!! Any AT!  

Mar 12 – Katie Hannon (Level 30-34 – Blue Side: Croatoa...we need someone to get this contact!) Green costumes...channel your inner leprechaun! Any AT! 

Mar 19 – Barracuda (Level 45-50 – Red Side: Grandville) – Apprenticeship (service industry)...what's a super power that goes with the job for which you're training? (See Bananiac's idea on the forum for suggestions!) One AT of each type! 

Mar 26 – Tree of Thorns Respec #1 (Sparctriel) (Level 24-33 - Red Side: Nerva Archipelago) Dad & Mom look...you decide what that means for you, especially on the dark side 🙂 Be creative! All Stalker team! 

• Thanks 1

Here are the clone costumes for the Manticore TF clone theme coming up. Costume files attached. They are in huge, male, and female variants - your choice. If you character uses some sort of weapon or shield, just make that as generic looking or matching the costume as possible.

Basically... full helm Tech Helm. Tights. (Just regular old, non-shiny tights.) Grid pattern upper and lower. Stripe pattern gloves and boots. Chest symbol is Radioactive 3 with the triangles part blued out. The blue is D11. The gold is H4. (letters across, numbers down). No variations, please. Clones! The costume files has the body sliders, but if you're just going from the description here, just kind of finagle your sliders to look roughly as these guys in the pic. No capes. No auras (aside from what your powers might give you, of course).

We are Paragon Protectors from Earth SM-L8 here to stop Countess Crey on Primal Earth.

RHi074I.jpg

clone female.costume clone huge.costume clone male.costume

Edited by TraumaTrain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1