Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

@TrixieKixx

As far as who I'm bringing to the Manticore Clonapalooza... I've got my short list. Depends on what others want to bring, I suppose.

Meta-Vac, Empathy/Electric Blast Defender

Agent Dixon, Shield Defense/Street Justice Tanker

Workshop, Electric Blast/Devices Blaster

Ragamuffin, Illusion Control/Radiation Controller (extra clones!)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2022 at 4:56 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Feb 26 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) Any AT! The costume theme is Clones! I will let Rich send out something super simple for all of us to look exactly the same since it is his idea from long, long ago 😄

I'm glad we caught up to this concept again. It's unique! My Energy/Elec Brute, Eternal Midnight, will partake, seeing as how it's the only TF she needs for the Commander accolade. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Here are the clone costumes for the Manticore TF clone theme coming up. Costume files attached. They are in huge, male, and female variants - your choice

Thanks for including the actual costume files, Rich. Great idea! It's basically the only way you will ever get me to use the icky primary colors. 😄 

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2022 at 2:33 PM, Burnt Umber said:

And re: Controller (and Dominator) chat, I think the trick with some control sets is to decide what is the "opener" should be for every fight and work from there, applying the holdsand using attacks (Doms) or buffs/debuffs (Cont.) as necessary.

That is a really good point, Umber, I do try to wait for the melee types to gather them tight before applying any holds/immobilizes. I know from my extensive experience playing brutes and scrappers who might be relying on combos or AoEs to have the mobs tightly close around you, that it is super annoying to start a fight but find them already all locked down but spread apart! It renders a lot of your abilities just useless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

Those look awesome, @TraumaTrain! QQ...and not to sound stupid, but I've never used a .costume file. I'm assuming we put it in the Costumes folder. However, how do we access it in the game? 

Save the file in your costume folder and then it will immediately show up in your list when you click "Load" in the costume creator.

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:40 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Mar 12 – Katie Hannon (Level 30-34 – Blue Side: Croatoa...we need someone to get this contact!) Green costumes...channel your inner leprechaun! Any AT! 

Mar 19 – Barracuda (Level 45-50 – Red Side: Grandville) – Apprenticeship (service industry)...what's a super power that goes with the job for which you're training? (See Bananiac's idea on the forum for suggestions!) One AT of each type! 

Hey @TrixieKixx, those sound all rather fantastic! And while I am especially looking forward to Katie Hannon, I seem to remember that the last time we did it we also had "Greens" as a theme... Not that I would mind doing it again, I have many ideas to show up with something fun. Just wondering if you have considered that?

Also, thx for taking up my idea. I am very much looking forward what you guys all come up with.

And would like to call dibbs on Controller for it - of course thinking about Bananiac, the careless little Janitor etc you know.... 🙂 

Aaaand... I have 1/2 a mind to also show up with an Illusion Controller for the Clone Theme 🙂 Do we need more clones? Maybe "need" is the wrong word here... What about "want"?

As a baseline I will be showing up with Dark Anaesthetist, my Mind/Emp Controller, as he actually still needs Manti for the TFC.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Hey @Bananiac The reason why I did green as a theme is because it's close to St. Patrick's Day! Apparently, the time for Katie Hannon TF is always during March 😄 We've done green costumes for her the last two years. I'm cool with it, unless anyone has a different suggestion for a St. Patrick's Day theme?

ETA: Looks like lots of us only need this TF to complete TFC!!! Yay!

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Hey @Bananiac The reason why I did green as a theme is because it's close to St. Patrick's Day! Apparently, the time for Katie Hannon TF is always during March 😄 We've done green costumes for her the last two years. I'm cool with it, unless anyone has a different suggestion for a St. Patrick's Day theme?

I don't think we've been together 2 years (yet) so just last year we did the green theme for Katie. I used my dark/dark sentinel and made a green witch costume. I am looking forward to doing this again with you guys!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Midnyte said:

I don't think we've been together 2 years (yet) so just last year we did the green theme for Katie. I used my dark/dark sentinel and made a green witch costume. I am looking forward to doing this again with you guys!

Well, the last two times we've done Katie Hannon, we've done green themes. My brain must automatically go into leprechaun mode when I see that TF. I guess I need to read my own notes a little more carefully 😄 I'll try to be more creative the next time it comes around, which will be about 9 months from now 😄 I wonder if I'll forget again? 

Edited by TrixieKixx

4 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Well, the last two times we've done Katie Hannon, we've done green themes. My brain must automatically go into leprechaun mode when I see that TF. I guess I need to read my own notes a little more carefully 😄 I'll try to be more creative the next time it comes around, which will be about 9 months from now 😄 I wonder if I'll forget again? 

I think we can now safely declare this an Official Theme Team Tradition! 🙂  

We will be running March Katie Hannons in appropriately green theme attire for years to come! 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

I need help! Here's what my folder structure looks like with Homecoming. I've looked in every folder and none of them include a Costume file. I know when I launched off of Tequila, I had one. Where do I put the costume file? Do I create a folder called Costume? If yes, under which folder do I place it? Or keep in the top directory? HELP!!!! @TraumaTrain 

2022-02-24.png

Edited by TrixieKixx

It might have dropped it into the accounts folder under your login username.  My costumes folder is still in the folder you're showing, but it randomly moved where it stored my chat logs from the logs folder to a new folder there after one of the patches a while back.

I'm on call for work this weekend, but there's a 50/50 chance I'll make it with Princess Grace (Widow).

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

It might have dropped it into the accounts folder under your login username.  My costumes folder is still in the folder you're showing, but it randomly moved where it stored my chat logs from the logs folder to a new folder there after one of the patches a while back.

I'm on call for work this weekend, but there's a 50/50 chance I'll make it with Princess Grace (Widow).

No, it's not there. I've checked every single folder. Should I make a folder called Costumes and add it there?

ETA: I just did this and I'm going to test it to see if it works.

ETA: I added a Costumes folder to my account folder and it didn't work. However, when I added it to the main directory, it worked! Woo hoo! I am now a clone for Saturday!!!

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jaxman100 said:

If you haven't 'saved' a costume out at least once, it might not have auto created the folder. 

There's always something new to learn in this game! I had no clue...sorry for being such a derp 😄 

Edited by TrixieKixx

On 2/22/2022 at 11:34 AM, TrixieKixx said:

I am glad to do Katie for our St Patrick's Day theme, and like @Bananiac said, it's a Theme Team tradition now. Although I still don't have any record of the Theme Team ever doing it twice. Just last March 2021. Maybe it was one of those weeks that I missed. But Trixie, we are grateful to you keeping all of our themes so well-imagined and organized!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I'm not sure I'd fully joined the Theme Team two years ago, but I recall running Katie Hannon last year on my main.  I'm happy to do that this year as well!

Next week, I should be in for Op Renault with Ruby Kit Kat (Rad/Rad Stalker).

You are right, because we didn't form until late summer 2020, so we have only had one round so far of St. Patrick's Day theme. 🙂 Trixie said we've done 2 Katies together, so I missed the second non-St Patrick one.

Edited by Midnyte