Global Enhancement for Knockback to Knockdown Conversion?

Has anyone ever felt like Peacebringers are a burden to play because they feature Knockback in every single one of their attacks? Has anyone ever felt the same way about Energy Blast toons? To me it has always been frustrating having to only 5 slot these kinds of characters in order to get rid of the KB for the melee team members. Well what if there was an enhancement that behaved like Luck of the Gambler: Increased Global Recharge Speed, but instead of increasing the Recharge speed of all of your powers, it converted the knockback on all of your powers to knockdown. Maybe it could be named something like Unstoppable Power: Damage/Global Knockback to Knockdown? That way PBs and Energy Blasts can be far more competitive thanks to the amount of slotting that just got freed up.

This is just theory crafting but what do you guys think of it? Good Idea? Bad Idea?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Suggestion forumn is -->

Don't play KB sets 

Solo of you are grinding your teeth at people

Global Damage set, Damage/KD instead of just KD.  Slot six doesn't always have the best the best bonus.

Nerf LoTG, why are so many procs and specials unique but that?  +Resist, +Status, +Def, +Rec.  Nerf +RECH, +HP/End.  Solved the unique problem.

Name squatting suggestion

KB to KD

Pending Staus - Hasten for inherent powers

Edited by Outrider_01
  • Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

14 minutes ago, Astra1Defender said:

Has anyone ever felt like Peacebringers are a burden to play because they feature Knockback in every single one of their attacks?

Nope. And I've played them since live, issue 3.

14 minutes ago, Astra1Defender said:

Has anyone ever felt the same way about Energy Blast toons?

Nope.

Don't like KB, don't play a powerset that does KB. Issue solved. As far as "the melee team members," don't be an ass with your KB. You can direct it with your targeting and positioning. For ST? You knock it back, they don't have to chase it, you have to finish it. Bam, done.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I think here  a lot of people find a lot of power in it. Some other places do it with a global -damage, because it is a lot of power. 

Which is funny, because +knock wasn't ever intended to be a downside to a power (otherwise, knockback powers would have a damage bonus). 😛

6 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

Don’t believe there’s any evidence of this.

Use google.  There's a bunch more threads.  It was even tested at one point.  Majority are for some sort of option.  

Edited by Omega-202

27 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Majority are for some sort of option.  

And McDonald's has sold "over 100 billion" burgers, that doesn't make them fine dining. Or even particularly good burgers.

"The majority" of players don't tend to interact with the forums. Of those that do, I do know of people who completely ignore suggestions - they'd rather just post about server events, art, that sort of thing. So honestly, saying "I see X many threads on this," probably with many of the same people in it, is not really a basis for saying "the majority" wants something.

• Like 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

4 minutes ago, Greycat said:

And McDonald's has sold "over 100 billion" burgers, that doesn't make them fine dining. Or even particularly good burgers.

"The majority" of players don't tend to interact with the forums. Of those that do, I do know of people who completely ignore suggestions - they'd rather just post about server events, art, that sort of thing. So honestly, saying "I see X many threads on this," probably with many of the same people in it, is not really a basis for saying "the majority" wants something.

Fine, the majority of comments in those threads are generally for some sort of option.  Better?

I did not give my opinion on the matter, just reported the facts.  This idea has been beaten into the ground, generally people who comment are for it every time it comes up and it hasn't happened yet.  

EDIT: and for someone who gives their opinion in a lot of threads, you are really down on anyone else's opinion being given any weight. 

Edited by Omega-202

3 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Fine, the majority of comments in those threads are generally for some sort of option.  Better?

Honestly? Yes.

3 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

I did not give my opinion on the matter, just reported the facts.  This idea has been beaten into the ground, generally people who comment are for it every time it comes up and it hasn't happened yet.  

I don't think I responded in a way that made it look like your opinion. Just to the way "the majority" phrasing made it look.

I still don’t see any evidence of a majority? Aka yes votes from >50% of the player base?

Edit: greycat seems to have me covered. Anecdotes of a handful of forum users obviously =/= a majority or anywhere close.

Edited by arcaneholocaust
  • Like 1

I would support such a global proc.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

I would also, although my current Stormy just uses one in Tornado.

(No Gale, Lightning Storm I can handle with positioning, and I like my KB in Hurricane.)

Still, options are good!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

3 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

I would also, although my current Stormy just uses one in Tornado.

(No Gale, Lightning Storm I can handle with positioning, and I like my KB in Hurricane.)

Still, options are good!

True with storm you may want to keep the knockback in some powers. So the global proc would just be an option for some builds.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

7 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I say make it a purple KB set with the the sixth bonus being something small so the people that don't want to use the global proc won't miss out on the best bonuses.

Kinda defeats the purpose there, not bein able to slot it til 50.

It would need to be one of those suckers you can slot at lvl 7.

• Like 2

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

Kinda defeats the purpose there, not bein able to slot it til 50.

It would need to be one of those suckers you can slot at lvl 7.

You're right, the level 50 thing didn't even occur to me. My goal was to make it semi-expensive, not lock people out of using it. Perhaps make it a PvP set?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Astra1Defender said:

Has anyone ever felt like Peacebringers are a burden to play because they feature Knockback in every single one of their attacks?

Has anyone ever felt the same way about Energy Blast toons? 

That way PBs and Energy Blasts can be far more competitive thanks to the amount of slotting that just got freed up.

This is just theory crafting but what do you guys think of it? Good Idea? Bad Idea?

The first character I raised to 50 in HC was a Peacebringer that lived exclusively in squid form. The fact that you fly by default makes it so you can angle your shots to limit the annoyance of KB. Also, I fully kitted out (6 slot) all attacks and slotted all available purple sets. I believe I have Sudden Accel KB->KD in the blast and Overwhelming Force in the cone. Beyond that I have not needed anything else and I am not suffering from the missed opportunity of any 6 slot bonuses. I am plenty competitive and do not need any outside help to be a good teammate.

I am in the process of leveling an EB Sentinel and I admit I feel a little dirty knocking things around. I am more conscious of it so I Hover to angle a bit better where possible or I wait for an Immobilize or I just use single target on Bosses (usually more resistant to KB) and that solves the problem.

If you are just firing whatever AoE you can as fast as you can wherever you can, then yes, you will be knocking mobs out of melee range and potentially pissing people off.

I admit, it is an idea. It could help some people. It won't help me or my characters because I have found out how to use my powers to the best of my abilities. I play tanks, I play other melee characters and I get annoyed sometimes by people that constantly AoE KB mobs that I am herding (or they knock stuff out of my Burn patch). Sure they are probably debuffed, but now I am less effective.

Tuesday sure came around fast this week.  Next up: nerf Regen or Super Strength Scrappers?

• Haha 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer