[Staging] Patch Notes for September 26th, 2020

Jimmy

• Jimmy unlocked this topic
  • Retired Developer
7 hours ago, Aberrant said:

I think this might have something to do with why documenting it wasn't strictly necessary...

Halloween_Atlas.thumb.jpg.db9e25790aad61ed39a68de698cde234.jpg

Another one of my fine works! 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

As cool as some of these AP updates are..does Redside get nothing at all? Or Goldside? Surely there have halloween over there too. Maybe they carve hamidon heads instead of pumpkins!

Agreed.  I just went onto the Shadow server to check out Cap au Diable (which is pretty much red side's equivalent to Atlas Park), and... nothing.  At the very least IMO, the giant atom globe in Aeon City should be changed to a pumpkin as well.

I get it.  Most people don't know any better and play blue side.  But some of us (like moi), only have red side toons, and seeing absolutely nothing done in red side will just perpetuate the belief that red side doesn't matter.

But, I understand that y'all have very limited time and resources, and don't have to do anything at all, so thank you. :)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

As cool as some of these AP updates are..does Redside get nothing at all? Or Goldside? Surely there have halloween over there too. Maybe they carve hamidon heads instead of pumpkins!

I like you devs peeps, but yeah, this! 

I mean, I'm being hyperbolic, but yeah.  😃

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

21 hours ago, Aberrant said:

I think this might have something to do with why documenting it wasn't strictly necessary...

Halloween_Atlas.thumb.jpg.db9e25790aad61ed39a68de698cde234.jpg

I feel like there should be a face carved into this... a big, glowing, deviously grinning jack-o-lantern face.

Also, now that I've seen it I can't believe no one has ever done it before. What a great idea!

• City Council
36 minutes ago, Mystic_Cross said:

I feel like there should be a face carved into this... a big, glowing, deviously grinning jack-o-lantern face.

@Piecemeal did actually try this, but despite his excellent efforts, the texture resolution available just isn't high enough to pull it off well. The simpler pumpkin ended up working better 🎃

The engine is set up to only take textures up to 1k by default - we've broken that restriction internally during some testing but it's probably not a good idea to do so for a live build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

11 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

..does Redside get nothing at all?

1131486835_ForShame!.png.64c3a2042f246590172a79add7622409.png

Jokes aside, something, anything, would be welcome for redside. Heck, even some small pumpkins scattered about the major cities.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

• Retired Developer
31 minutes ago, Giovanni Valia said:

1131486835_ForShame!.png.64c3a2042f246590172a79add7622409.png

Jokes aside, something, anything, would be welcome for redside. Heck, even some small pumpkins scattered about the major cities.

I'll brainstorm something for next year and MAYBE the winter holiday season if I have time.

• Thanks 5

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

Thank you for the reward change in Kane's instance. Any chances in the future of new rewards here? This is a great instance and more goodies would be nice.

• Like 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

• Jimmy locked this topic