Slotting priorities...

wolfshadow31

6 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

eh, no judgements.   Everyone is permitted to Slot how they want.

That’s true. But I had a buddy on Live who would six slot Sprint.  His reasoning...because it cut down on travel time from the hospital back to the mission.  Maybe if he put those extra slots in his primary and secondary powers, especially at low level...he wouldnt have ended up rezzing at the hospital so much. 

Edited by wolfshadow31
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

I figure that we can provide opinions and feedback as support to players who might not know the intricacies of the game mechanics as well as we might, but without any kind of shaming, overt or subtle.

And generally, the way I personally like to approach that is to ask questions in an earnest effort to learn the hows and whys of the other players' choices.  

• Like 1

*shrug* People play how they want. Doesn't affect me, generally.

Maybe he's going for a "natural" travel power and is enhancing there. It is a thing. (Though the power slide kind of negates that. Unless he's stuck in Frostfire's room. A lot.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Sakai said:

Does the power slide give you better control on the ice slides or do you just look super cool?

You can't change the colour of the slide can you?

Purely cosmetic, no change to control. It was a bonus (along with the cape of four winds) with the COH collector's edition (which, actually, I started with, I3.)

Can't change the slide's color, no.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Back in 2004, my first character was a Dark/Dark Scrapper that had Armors slotted with one of every enhancer that they could take. I was very glad that an SG mate with more experience with the game mechanics explained the system to me.

Respecs are free; your cousin will catch on eventually.😁

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

8 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Back in 2004, my first character was a Dark/Dark Scrapper that had Armors slotted with one of every enhancer that they could take. I was very glad that an SG mate with more experience with the game mechanics explained the system to me.

Respecs are free; your cousin will catch on eventually.😁

I remember that style of slotting.  "Well, it takes a cone range, I guess that means I am supposed to put one in there.  DAMN, I bought the wrong range type, are you kidding me, she only pays me part of what I just paid her for this stinking enhancement?!!?!  I gotta go do a couple missions so I can afford the right one.  *click very carefully*"

Fun times!

3 minutes ago, Luminara said:

3 slots in Hurdle... he's making a play for my throne.

*arms the Lumiversal defense grid*

Tell him to bring it.

Hey, if you're warming up the death rays I have a few targets this morning too. Stupid job with stupid State Inspectors.... 😡

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

14 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Hey, if you're warming up the death rays I have a few targets this morning too. Stupid job with stupid State Inspectors.... 😡

*presses button*

😲

Oh.  That... wasn't supposed to happen.

If anyone had any relatives, or dinner reservations, in Krasnoyarsk Krai, around the middle of 1908... sorry.  Really, sorry.  😳

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

13 minutes ago, Luminara said:

*presses button*

😲

Oh.  That... wasn't supposed to happen.

If anyone had any relatives, or dinner reservations, in Krasnoyarsk Krai, around the middle of 1908... sorry.  Really, sorry.  😳

Poor 1908. RIP :classic_ninja:

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

37 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Tsk!  If I've told you once . . . 

This is why you need to stop using those things from Ouroboros as the charging crystals for your death rays.  

They were on close-out!  80% off!

. . . ok.   I understand, and that's fair.

Honestly, whoever figured out they could have an infinite supply of the damned things by simply recycling them through the timeline itself really bungled up the market for those crystals.   It's like everyone and their grandmother now has one as a piece of decour for their fireplace mantle.

32 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

. . . ok.   I understand, and that's fair.

Honestly, whoever figured out they could have an infinite supply of the damned things by simply recycling them through the timeline itself really bungled up the market for those crystals.   It's like everyone and their grandmother now has one as a piece of decour for their fireplace mantle.

STOP RAGGING ON MY FIREPLACE MANTLE!!

Sheesh...one little decorating faux pas and ya never hear the end of it.

😁

13 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

Technically......for over 3 yrs now.

I'm imagining little smiley faces tottering around, squinty eyes like they're fighting epic constipation, tongues hanging out like starving cannibals... and lots of FREEM!

• Haha 1