Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 - Out Now!

Jimmy

7 hours ago, Tater Todd said:

Bear with me

Nice beard!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I love the writing in the new arcs, but I really hate the lack of balancing.  The over-powered end bosses and obsession with ambushes (usually simultaneously) make them virtually un-soloable unless the character is a tricked out 50 exemping down.  I think these would have been better suited to be TFs rather than supposed solo content.

Also, it's not fun having so much dialogue occurring during the waves of ambushes, requiring a lot of scrolling back to see what was said after the fighting is all over.

• Like 1

• Retired Developer
16 hours ago, Cinnder said:

I love the writing in the new arcs, but I really hate the lack of balancing.  The over-powered end bosses and obsession with ambushes (usually simultaneously) make them virtually un-soloable unless the character is a tricked out 50 exemping down.  I think these would have been better suited to be TFs rather than supposed solo content.

Also, it's not fun having so much dialogue occurring during the waves of ambushes, requiring a lot of scrolling back to see what was said after the fighting is all over.

To be fair... the subplot about Cortex getting Wicker Man'd by bees is entirely a bonus story. 😛

• Haha 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

2 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

To be fair... the subplot about Cortex getting Wicker Man'd by bees is entirely a bonus story. 😛

Nicolas Cage plays Cortex in the movie version?  Yeah, I can see that!

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

4 hours ago, Darmian said:

Nicolas Cage plays Cortex in the movie version?  Yeah, I can see that!

Make sure to get the heavy duty scenery, 'cause it's going to get chewed. 🙂

I'm disappointed with the loss of Combat Jump effects inside Gymnastics.  I have multiple versions of a character and I added Combat Jump to the other ones to mimic the effect, only to have that no longer be the case.

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

6 hours ago, KalSpiro said:

I'm disappointed with the loss of Combat Jump effects inside Gymnastics.  I have multiple versions of a character and I added Combat Jump to the other ones to mimic the effect, only to have that no longer be the case.

I thought that got change  reverted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I thought that got change  reverted. [ Combat Jumping not stacking with Gymnastics ]

Good memory, @Wavicle.  I had to dig around the Focused Feedback topics.

According to the progressive patch notes (quoted below in Spoiler), for stacking Shinobi should still stack for Jumping with Combat Jumping and Ninja Run (and Beast Run and Athletic Run).  If it tests as not stacking, that should be reported as a bug.

From the Other Powers Changes topic the RC1 patch notes (last change for them):

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/23371-focused-feedback-other-powers-changes/page/14/?tab=comments#comment-291275

Movement Buffs

• This change has been reverted
  • This will be looked at again in the future, potentially Page 2, as we look into proliferating Ninjitsu
  • The following travel powers will suppress Primary/Secondary equivalent power travel buffs:
    • Jump_CombatJump.png.a160a263e44d63bc2fcdbf62d38c81e2.png Pool > Leaping > Combat Jumping
    • Jump_LongJump.png.6b020dfc18386ba6566d3f0badbc8e89.png Pool > Leaping > Super Jump
    • ForceofWill_MightyLeap.png.87eed40e33b37938ffc5644069cfdb51.png Pool > Force of Will > Mighty Leap
    • SuperSpeed_SuperSpeed.png.4f9dcffbf97e96335f05897c8568815f.png Pool > Speed > Super Speed
    • Experimentation_SpeedofSound.png.3e140116f13135d86b2f1cfb5f117a29.png Pool > Experimentation > Speed of Sound
    • Inherent_NinjaRun.png.4397e15de17ae71110e6e5e12d87c4cf.png Prestige Travel > Ninja Run
    • Inherent_BeastRun.png.f3b1803fe72afc29398932c473ca2e02.png Prestige Travel > Beast Run
    • Inherent_AthleticRun.png.7b69ff39f84cadbbd7e613d65a27af3e.png Prestige Travel > Athletic Run
  • Primary/Secondary powers impacted by this:
    • Ninjitsu_Run.png.634f535aaa2d582038a0a89d5622952d.png Scrapper Defence > Ninjitsu > Shinobi-Iri
    • Ninjitsu_Run.png.634f535aaa2d582038a0a89d5622952d.png Sentinel Defence > Ninjitsu > Shinobi-Iri
    • NinjaTools_Assassin.png.50ddb59179d9fadb8264b97b10275495.png Blaster Support > Ninja Training > Shinobi-Iri
    • tacticalarrow_quickness.png.44daf1fa7ac354a4f37fe6e7a9adc6cd.png Blaster Support > Tactical Arrow > Gymnastics

From the Blaster Secondary Revamp topic the RC1 patch notes (last change for them):
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/23370-focused-feedback-blaster-secondary-revamp/page/22/?tab=comments#comment-291274

• tacticalarrow_quickness.png.44daf1fa7ac354a4f37fe6e7a9adc6cd.png Gymnastics (Replaces Agility)
    • Gymnastics and Agility have been merged into a new toggle power
    • Provides knockback protection, a 1.75% defence buff, a recharge bonus, a movement speed buff and some slow / mez protection
    • If you previously had Agility, you now have Gymnastics
    • The Jump bonus has been removed (the run speed bonus remains), but the travel power stacking restrictions have been removed

So for stacking should behave the same as it was in i26p5.  Here on November 1, @Moonlighter did some testing comparing i26p5 to Build 2 i27p1.
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/23371-focused-feedback-other-powers-changes/?do=findComment&comment=284970

Moonlighter

•  
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Not sure where to put this bug, so since this is other powers:

It looks like messing with the /Ninj toggles on blasters somehow messed up /Ninj scrappers.

On my 50 /Ninj scrapper:

Jumping on  LIVE

Shinobi Only
Speed: 55.76
Height: 31.38

Shinobi + CJ
Speed: 55.91
Height: 39.38

Shinobi + Ninja Run
Speed: 75.37
Height: 59.18

Jumping on TEST

Shinobi
Speed: 54.68
Height: 31.08

Shinobi + CJ
Speed: 43.07
Height: 22.40

Shinobi + Ninja Run
Speed: 62.53
Height: 42.20

Shinobi no longer stacks with Ninja Run, and Combat Jumping actually suppresses it.

Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP, as now moving around testing on my main is much slower.
Edited by Jacke
  • Thanks 2

On 12/8/2020 at 8:04 AM, Cinnder said:

I almost lost the will to live playing through the blueside arc. The numerous go to zone x talk to y then go to Z and defeat... was like an unpleasant return to the original design style of the low level game. I gave up before finishing it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

20 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

I almost lost the will to live playing through the blueside arc. The numerous go to zone x talk to y then go to Z and defeat... was like an unpleasant return to the original design style of the low level game. I gave up before finishing it.

1 hour ago, Stygus said:

Loved the blue side arc, it was good fun, and touched on the old story stuff with new mechanics, can't wait to replay and check other options @Piecemeal, you do good work! 

I've yet to do either of the new arcs, didn't look at them during the beta wanting to experience them once they were polished.  This is a rather large spread of experiences, especially troubling on the bad end.  @CaptainLupis, @Stygus, could you both tell us more about your respective runs with more details, like what toons did you bring, teamed or not, etc.

I'll have to find time to run it meself as well.

9 minutes ago, Jacke said:

I've yet to do either of the new arcs, didn't look at them during the beta wanting to experience them once they were polished.  This is a rather large spread of experiences, especially troubling on the bad end.  @CaptainLupis, @Stygus, could you both tell us more about your respective runs with more details, like what toons did you bring, teamed or not, etc.

I was teamed with a couple of friends. We do themed teams on a Sunday and that particular run was with blasters, we were just out from gold side so in the low 20s level range. We didn't have a problem with the instanced missions, it was just the seemingly unending nonsense between them that was not fun. And that wasn't just my opinion, the others I was teamed with were of the same view, until we decided to call it a night before completing it.

• Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

I solo'd it at +1/x2or3 on a level 43 DA/SM tanker, through Oro, 

Had a couple of rough moments but no faceplants, 

There're some tricky bits, but mainly because it's new and you don't know what to expect, 

Looking forward to running it tomorrow with some SG mates, 

I'd suggest taking at lower dif the first time you try it, whatever you think would be comfortable, but it's rewarding, the dialogue is good, and the arc makes sense and wraps some loose ends with the Vahz,  

Hope that helps, also pack insps, I ended loading my email with a few extra just in case

• Like 1

Thanks, @CaptainLupis and @Stygus.

3 minutes ago, Stygus said:

I solo'd it at +1/x2or3 on a level 43 DA/SM tanker, through Oro,

I'm assuming that's Savage Melee and not Stone Melee.  So many powersets.... 🙂

To be clear, I'm not saying there's no place in the game for extra-difficult content.  It's just that (1) I hope there will be normal-level content developed in the future and (2) we need a better warning system when content is going to be next-level difficult.  Sure, these mishs have the standard 'You should bring some friends' warning, but that has traditionally meant 'There will be an EB/AV at the end, depending on your settings,' not 'There will be an extra-difficult EB/AV at the end and you may have waves of ambushes to deal with at the same time.'

I know some players want more difficult content, and that's fine, but there are also players who enjoy the standard difficulty.  Do the HC devs still subscribe to the original principle from Live that IOs are optional and one should be able to run level-appropriate content with just standard Enhs?  I for one would like to see new content that is interesting because it's creative with writing and mish design without including a crazy end fight.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Retired Developer
1 hour ago, Cinnder said:

To be clear, I'm not saying there's no place in the game for extra-difficult content.  It's just that (1) I hope there will be normal-level content developed in the future and (2) we need a better warning system when content is going to be next-level difficult.  Sure, these mishs have the standard 'You should bring some friends' warning, but that has traditionally meant 'There will be an EB/AV at the end, depending on your settings,' not 'There will be an extra-difficult EB/AV at the end and you may have waves of ambushes to deal with at the same time.'

I know some players want more difficult content, and that's fine, but there are also players who enjoy the standard difficulty.  Do the HC devs still subscribe to the original principle from Live that IOs are optional and one should be able to run level-appropriate content with just standard Enhs?  I for one would like to see new content that is interesting because it's creative with writing and mish design without including a crazy end fight.

I'm listening to your feedback, and will reiterate that these arcs are the exception, not the rule.

Your first work is rarely the best work - but I would rather it stood as difficult content than change it right now. More normalized arcs with new mechanics are in the pipeline for the future that aren't as out-of-control as this one. I had a lot of nuances to learn.

• Like 5

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

1 minute ago, Piecemeal said:

I'm listening to your feedback, and will reiterate that these arcs are the exception, not the rule.

Your first work is rarely the best work - but I would rather it stood as difficult content than change it right now. More normalized arcs with new mechanics are in the pipeline for the future that aren't as out-of-control as this one. I had a lot of nuances to learn.

Fair enough, and the fact that you care enough to respond is alone a good sign in my mind.

I think if these could somehow just be labelled as 'extra difficult' it would help players make a more informed decision.

Having just finished the Sgt Schorr rogue arc that the original devs wrote, I can unequivocally say I preferred your work!

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 8:48 AM, Jimmy said:

PowerPunch_EnergyPunch.png.44e985fa5f4304be9efb9290b00df6c3.png Energy Melee

• Stun has been replaced by Power Crash, a new cone attack
  • Total Focus now grants the Energy Focus buff, which allows you to cast an empowered version of Energy Transfer, Power Crash or Barrage
    • Energy Transfer: Significantly reduces the cast time
    • Power Crash: Doubles the maximum targets
    • Barrage: Has a 100%% chance to stun and applies a -special and -regeneration debuff to the target
  • Energy Punch and Whirling hands have had their damage increased
  • Total Focus and Bone Smasher have had their cast times reduced
  • Energy Melee has also been proliferated to Scrappers

The more I play with it, there more I feel like there was a miss or oversight with build up. EM is pretty nice now, but trying to use the increased aoe on power crash during build up and proc, it feels like build up should also grant an energy focus buff for your initial aoe volley. Having to use TF taking up a significant amount of the build up buff's time is rather arduous. This should include an energy focus buff with build up, similar to how TW works.

Edited by WindDemon21

3 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

The more I play with it, there more I feel like there was a miss or oversight with build up. EM is pretty nice now, but trying to use the increased aoe on power crash during build up and proc, it feels like build up should also grant an energy focus buff for your initial aoe volley. Having to use TF taking up a significant amount of the build up buff's time is rather arduous. This should include an energy focus buff with build up, similar to how TW works.

It was not an oversight. This was suggested, but clearly they feel that having to use TF is the necessary sacrifice to get to fast ET.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Wavicle said:

It was not an oversight. This was suggested, but clearly they feel that having to use TF is the necessary sacrifice to get to fast ET.

Suggested as in the devs responded to the suggestion, or suggested as in somebody said it and it disappeared in the thread.

5 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Suggested as in the devs responded to the suggestion, or suggested as in somebody said it and it disappeared in the thread.

Suggested as in the Devs  are aware that people asked for this, and they chose not to do it, intentionally. They actually read every comment in the beta threads. Truly they do.