Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 - Out Now!

Jimmy

2 minutes ago, Arnabas said:

Doubling the recharge time on Sting of the Wasp kills one of my characters. I have an AR/ Ninja blaster who does a fair bit of melee. I slotted his sword attacks to go as fast as possible. They were still a bit slow, but manageable. Now, not so much. I will therefore ask again that the fighting pool be customizable to show different types of attacks, including swords. I wouldn't even care if the type of damage didn't match up. I just want to swing my sword....

On the other hand, adding stances was a great idea and saved me from having to respec one of my guys. I always kept him in Beast Run mode because it suited him, but recently took Combat Jumping, which negates it. I was going to respec to remove CJ, but now I don't have to.

Beyond that, I really like to see new missions being added. That, for me personally, is one of the most important things to focus on.

I'm with ya on the suggestion for fighting. It always felt weird that I had to sheath my sword or put away my pistols just to kick a guy in the face lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arnabas said:

Yes, that is why I said "I like to see..." rather than "I would like to see..."

Then the correct term should've been "I like seeing," or "I like that," as your current statement of "I really like to see" looks more like a typo

Edited by Grimz
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:
  1. It has no defence debuff
  2. It has a smaller radius
  3. It doesn't benefit from the Blaster's increased damage values due to the rather odd way the power is implemented

@Jaguaratron The KD in the power stops once the Blaster's version of OSA is lit too.

Edited by Tater Todd
Forgot to tag the person this was for!

City of Heroes isn't just alive.  It is flourishing, and getting better as we go! 

Just one element missing, but that is in the works already.  Just with an indeterminate conclusion date.  You know what I mean.  😉

• Like 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 minute ago, Abraxus said:

City of Heroes isn't just alive.  It is flourishing, and getting better as we go! 

Just one element missing, but that is in the works already.  Just with an indeterminate conclusion date.  You know what I mean.  😉

Ok, that sounds intriguing, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Just now, Arnabas said:

Ok, that sounds intriguing, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

....ummm...conclusion of "The Negotiations".... 😶

Once complete, the most immediate effect would be allowing streaming again, and I would imagine all manner of making the world aware of our presence, which would attract more players.  Certainly all those that played during live, who are still pining away for the game, completely unaware that it is back.  We get a small trickle of them back to the game as word of mouth gets to them.  But, we could get a lot more if advertisement became possible.  Also, there might be a new crowd of folks who might like a super hero MMO that appeals to kids, and adults alike.  I just see a lot of possibility if this process were to conclude in a positive manner.

• Like 4

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 hour ago, xl8 said:
1 hour ago, Blackfeather said:

Scale refers to base duration, before AT modifiers are applied, to my knowledge.

Are the scales and AT modifiers listed anywhere?

1 hour ago, Blackfeather said:

Yup, for instance, check Blasters on the wiki, and expand the Modifiers section on the right.

I see most modifiers listed. Some aren't there. But I'm looking at the base numbers in mids and not seeing the correlation between duration and "scale".

10 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Ah. I thought you were hinting at something else involving the expansion of the game, because I have seen other veiled hints at something big coming, content-wise. 

10 minutes ago, Blackfeather said:

To my knowledge, Mids hasn't been updated for i27 yet - might be a good idea to wait for it.

There is a new version of Mids being worked on, not just database changes for i27p1 but much more.  Hoping to see it soon, but as you say, we'll have to wait for it.

19 minutes ago, xl8 said:

I see most modifiers listed. Some aren't there. But I'm looking at the base numbers in mids and not seeing the correlation between duration and "scale".

Does this help? http://web.archive.org/web/20161103145848/http://tomax.cohtitan.com/data/powers/tables.php?mod=Ranged_Immobilize

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

But Jimmy, think of the Hawaiians! 

https://prods3.imgix.net/images/articles/2017_05/nonfeatured-hawaiian-pizza-origins.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&dpr=1.2&ixjsv=2.2.3&q=75&w=750

I had pizza tonight.  With pineapple and so much more.  It was AWESOME!

32 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Once complete, the most immediate effect would be allowing streaming again, and I would imagine all manner of making the world aware of our presence, which would attract more players.  Certainly all those that played during live, who are still pining away for the game, completely unaware that it is back.  We get a small trickle of them back to the game as word of mouth gets to them.  But, we could get a lot more if advertisement became possible.  Also, there might be a new crowd of folks who might like a super hero MMO that appeals to kids, and adults alike.  I just see a lot of possibility if this process were to conclude in a positive manner.

I thought you meant the inevitable regen nerfs.

😁

• Haha 1

Just now, EmmySky said:

I thought you meant the inevitable regen nerfs.

😁

Damn, if Regen gets nerfed again, I think it'll go straight through the entire Earth and come out the other side.  Hopefully better for the experience.

• Haha 4

I just finished The Graveyard Shift on a level  28 (was 29 by the end) tri-form PB, set to +0x1, and ... was this supposed to be this brutal? Over half of the spawn points had unusually large numbers of spawns -- two lieutenants and a minion being the norm. Some of them were (expletive deleted) nuts, like the whole Raverobber instance, where a single spawn point typically consisted of 3-4 lieutenants and 5-6 minions. This, for example, is one spawn point (note the extra 3 lieutenants hidden by the girder):

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by InfamousBrad