Most Unstoppable Tank

The_Warpact

17 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Not saying Tankless teams can't be successful (look at Fire/Rad Controller super-teams for Flaming Roomba Of Death).

I believe the original Tankless team was an all Defender team debuffing the poo out of things way back pre-IO days and certainly I have heard of all Controllers being successful. As noted, I am certain I have seen tales of an all Blaster team (but just imagine how many deaths there must've been).

26 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Tanks merely make things SAFER for squishies.

In more normal play, yes they do!

Of course for my money, nothing beats not having to worry about squishies at all. If you've never done a Tanker Tuesday,  you should.   

35 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

If you're going to do something, do it RIGHT.

Half-assing just causes problems.

All that was said is that Stealth is basically antithetical to a Tanker's mission.
Not that a Tanker can't have it.
Not that a Tanker can't benefit from it.
Just that there are times when stealth powers make performing at a high level on a Tanker...more difficult.

If you're reading beyond that, that's on you boss.

You know, I was content to stick said person on Ignore, but since you felt a need,  I will quote what was said:

I don't want behind a Tanker that gets stealth suppressed ONCE he engages the enemy; the darn mobs are gonna SEE me first. 

My response was:

As a suggestion, don't auto follow the Tanker. Then you should not be getting any sort of notice before the Tanker engages (excluding perhaps Nemesis here and there but there will not be enough of them that do notice you). Glass cannon does not mean you shatter in one hit from one mob.

The way you describe things every team has to have a Tanker (or more than one) who is gobbling up ever drop of potential aggro. If that has been your experience, I will note that one of the things people repeatedly exclaim about the nature of CoH is the lack of need of any particular role. All <fill in the AT name here> teams have repeatedly been successful including all Blaster teams with not a single Tanker around.

No claiming that someone said a Tanker could not have stealth, nor claiming someone said could not benefit from it. I noted that Tankers are not even necessary to a successful team (not that a team does not benefit from one but that they are not necessary), with the import being that however a tanker with Stealth behaves there is a way on that team to be successful. Maybe I should have been more explicit on that last point but I trusted in the intelligence of the reader for the imputation to be clear.

That entire last line of your about reading beyond that? Well something about mirrors or perhaps kettles interacting with pots might apply.

Edit: And with that, I am done with who said what and discussions of stealth. If anyone wants last word, by all means have it.

Edited by Erratic1

12 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

You know, I was content to stick said person on Ignore, but since you felt a need,  I will quote what was said:

My response was:

No claiming that someone said a Tanker could not have stealth, nor claiming someone said could not benefit from it. I noted that Tankers are not even necessary to a successful team (not that a team does not benefit from one but that they are not necessary), with the import being that however a tanker with Stealth behaves there is a way on that team to be successful. Maybe I should have been more explicit on that last point but I trusted in the intelligence of the reader for the imputation to be clear.

That entire last line of your about reading beyond that? Well something about mirrors or perhaps kettles interacting with pots might apply.

Edit: And with that, I am done with who said what and discussions of stealth. If anyone wants last word, by all means have it.

Well that would be the 5th time this topic was dropped in this thread.

2 hours ago, Grindingsucks said:

Well... the title of the Topic is "What makes the most unstoppable tank".

I'm not an expert on tanks (or any other AT, to be honest), but I do know it isn't stealth.

Wouldn't it be cool if Tankers could just charge forward and run into mobs and just knock them on all over the place for like 8 seconds or so, Juggernaut style 😋

Now that would be a cool power lol. Unstoppable Juggernaut!

On 1/4/2021 at 8:13 AM, Infinitum said:

Yeah, agreed you need at least in the 80s On a resist based build to be effective.

Toggle it on then post where you are at.

Figured I'd just post the build.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.0.0
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Baron Horror: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Dark Armor
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5)
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), GldStr-Dam/End/Rech(7), GldStr-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(7)
Level 2: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11)
Level 4: Shadow Maul -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(17)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- EndRdx-I(A), Ags-Psi/Status(19), StdPrt-ResKB(19)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 10: Dark Regeneration -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal(21), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(23), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 12: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 14: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(27)
Level 16: Siphon Life -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(29), Pnc-Heal(29), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(31), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(31)
Level 18: Cloak of Fear -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(31), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(33), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Touch of Fear -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(34), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36)
Level 22: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 30: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(39), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(40)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 35: Dark Consumption -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(46)
Level 41: Gloom -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(46), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(47)
Level 44: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(47), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(48), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Afterburner -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48), Ksm-ToHit+(49)
Level 49: Soul Transfer -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(13), PwrTrns-+Heal(15)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 6% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 6% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 15.38% Defense(Smashing)
  • 15.38% Defense(Lethal)
  • 6% Defense(Fire)
  • 6% Defense(Cold)
  • 8.5% Defense(Energy)
  • 8.5% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 24.75% Defense(Melee)
  • 7.25% Defense(Ranged)
  • 6% Defense(AoE)
  • 3.6% Max End
  • 6% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 5% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 67% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 57.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 182.7 HP (9.75%) HitPoints
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 45%
  • MezResist(Held) 45%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 45%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 45%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 45%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 45%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 28% (0.47 End/sec) Recovery
  • 64% (5 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 15% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 9.5% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 9.5% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 17% Resistance(Fire)
  • 17% Resistance(Cold)
  • 15.5% Resistance(Energy)
  • 15.5% Resistance(Negative)
  • 5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 10% Resistance(Psionic)

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1359;667;1334;HEX;|
|78DA6593DB4E13511486F7B453A0B4506A8116683914680BC8504C4CD49810B18A5|
|19AA0A0B7CD04C6D2503B640A895E9A78BAF59078A5D117F0D2006A7C102E7C0295|
|0B452287BADAFF4F35D274FA4DD75E877FADBD77F66EC6FF6EE6FE94D2FC178B66B|
|99C5B304B2B96E3C99AF9C2A25B29E59F361DBBD47FC5761CDB691443173C7219EB|
|B6552A5B46C6745672179C3BB613E64AD62A5AB4D75E55F39C6D178DF955CB5AF2D|
|55E2F170BF9E5B516BC575F0BA57CA0F66FD632972CA7BC5C580D5F5A2D2C1AD3CE|
|FA9A959BB7D78BB9AC595EB39C7B11D13020CF86577E347954C5AD7E88D4495DB9F|
|6C89FA0FE0BDCADFA2AFA265D584B810DC3F06948829BE2AB31AFC6BC4DCCDBC4BC|
|CDCCBB27BE6EE6759F41BED6F360DB39F22CB825BE1EE47579AA0D88EDC4690D8C0|
|863BA8ACB801BE1A3358EC1A79DFC20F1DE5AC315B7F73AE2DA6F829D0BE40DD027|
|797CD0A57CDBA8FF51E25BD8574B1BFC22ED6408ECEE007F8B6F00F19E4002F1DDA|
|360348ADEA3FD60EF7BD87BB7C04F121B441D3DF8DF5AFF06B949FA90635F6242AC|
|17DAC7DAC00179481E8183155221D62BBD76B0D70EEAD7C416A62D5C918F728BA58|
|B93ED0A63DA83A79021286B3D9C4C0F2733C4C90C713243CC7C204A63D8054F8C4A|
|13549AA0D2049526A93449A5BAD4E9639D3ED649B2CE08EB8CB0CEA1D489A38E1E7|
|FA063ED2138FA847C4C3E028F2466185DEBC32F603BF9947C463E07C7B7A1A97AC7|
|533CC1A9B73869E3AFC8D7A0F106FCE2576A8CFAC7B8B3067776823B3BC19D559D4|
|A19C8EB32AEA1D6047B4B1FAADAFC3F8BDE347729CD531ED5EB3755BED59D1BD1EB|
|F7BC327B6C754EE7A258B49AE56B73FDFED2F2FDAFC5A50DF006DF8216FF5561525|
|7DF8E45EDFC1BF5125DF97730BDD65DB0EA589992933B49817F0003C9DB7F|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

• Thanks 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

7 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Just that there are times when stealth powers make performing at a high level on a Tanker...more difficult

I have never encountered a time like this, and like most of you, I've played this game a lot.  I have also never seen a tank who is running Cloak of Darkness cause any problems in any team, ever.  Dark Armor tankers are not that rare either.

All that was said is that Stealth is basically antithetical to a Tanker's mission.

Only in a broad meta sense though.  In practice these statements are essentially meaningless.  Whatever perceived issues in these assessments just never happen in the game.  Are all of these points coming from people who play Tankers with stealth and have had problems?  Or are they coming from people who are only theorizing that an issue may arise?

If you're reading beyond that, that's on you boss.

The tone of many anti-stealth posts are insults and insinuations, regardless of other content.  That's why people are reading beyond any actual meanings.  That's not actually on anyone but the aggressor.  These forums are becoming increasingly unfriendly and it isn't like the population is going to explode again any time soon.  We should cultivate the members of the forum and have more consideration, otherwise we'll just end up bickering with the same circle of people with the same ideas over and over (and their alt accounts of course)

Edited by Dark Dove
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

Wouldn't it be cool if Tankers could just charge forward and run into mobs and just knock them on all over the place for like 8 seconds or so, Juggernaut style 😋

Now that would be a cool power lol. Unstoppable Juggernaut!

Actually, yeah- that would be cool.  😁👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark Dove said:

*SNIP*

Not sure why "less than perfectly optimal" chafes you this bad.

Not saying it's a *FLAW*.  It isn't.
Not saying it's *BAD*.  It's not.
Not saying it gets people killed.  It doesn't.

What I'm saying is Tanks that use stealth are doomed to The Special Hell.  (You know you are!)  :classic_wink:

Okay, all kidding aside.  It's merely a different way to play.  Different is just that.  Different.  NOTHING MORE.

Okay?  We good?
Because this hair is split so fine the constituent quarks are breaking back down into the quantum foam...

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

1 hour ago, Grindingsucks said:

Actually, yeah- that would be cool.  😁👍

NO!  No it would not!  It makes a huge mess of my nice, orderly aggro piles!

Only filthy degenerates (and Brutes) go for that sort of thing!

:classic_wink:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hyperstrike said:

Not sure why "less than perfectly optimal" chafes you this bad.

Not saying it's a *FLAW*.  It isn't.
Not saying it's *BAD*.  It's not.
Not saying it gets people killed.  It doesn't.

What I'm saying is Tanks that use stealth are doomed to The Special Hell.  (You know you are!)  :classic_wink:

Okay, all kidding aside.  It's merely a different way to play.  Different is just that.  Different.  NOTHING MORE.

I'm fine with the statement "This is a different playstyle" and I'll always accept that.  That's my entire statement bundled up succinctly.  That's the truth of the matter.  If that's what you actually mean to say, I'm 100% behind you on it. I think we're even on the wrong page with "different way to play" because it isn't actually a different way to play for most; tankers with stealth act almost exactly the same as those without, they just have additional abilities to handle situations that don't require combat.  We're probably in reality on the same page, just different paragraphs.

I'll never be fine with (paraphrasing) "This isn't how you tank" or "This isn't good on Tankers" or "Tankers don't stealth" or any other amalgamation of that kind of sentiment, and I don't think it's out of line to voice that opinion. I've dialed back any rhetoric surrounding it as best I can, but I'm only a marginally self-aware Karen, it isn't always easy for me to do that.  To me, any statements like those I listed are specifically not saying this is "a different way to play"; they are specifically saying "this is the wrong way to play".  To me, that's not something I can agree with and I can't let go without at least offering the other side.

9 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Okay?  We good?
Because this hair is split so fine the constituent quarks are breaking back down into the quantum foam...

We're absolutely good. It's very good that we're all still here sharing our views. I hope it continues, albeit on another topic that's less... I'll call it lively.

19 minutes ago, Dark Dove said:

I'll never be fine with (paraphrasing) "This isn't how you tank" or "This isn't good on Tankers" or "Tankers don't stealth" or any other amalgamation of that kind of sentiment, and I don't think it's out of line to voice that opinion. I've dialed back any rhetoric surrounding it as best I can, but I'm only a marginally self-aware Karen, it isn't always easy for me to do that.  To me, any statements like those I listed are specifically not saying this is "a different way to play"; they are specifically saying "this is the wrong way to play".  To me, that's not something I can agree with and I can't let go without at least offering the other side.

Ok and dont take this personal but its like this - you can kick a baseball and it will roll just fine but you are supposed to hit it with a bat to get it go futher.  If you have fun with the first - its your baseball - have at it - you wont be faulted for it but dont expect to get a starting position on the Yankees (are they still good? - not a sports guy)

Tanking - universally accepted as grabbing agro to protect the team - that is THE universally accepted role of the tanker.  Not Tanker go stealth this map.  That would be a gameplay feature - that is perfectly fine and acceptable - but it is not - nor will ever be tanking - and on a tanker forum anyone new needs to understand fully what the tanker role is - because they may not know - they read about a tanker stealthing a map so they go hog wild slotting various forms of stealth powers because it sounds cool - not knowing a darn thing about survival or how to tank - and in short order gets their team faceplanted because they dont understand the role - and was polluted by an attribute of gameplay - while perfectly fine - is not what tanking is about.

If thats sounds rigid - its because it is.  That is what defines tankers - their ability to survive and control agro for the team - not stealth.  Dont take it personal when people say this - its just a long held fact of what a tanker is supposed to do.

Nobody is or has ever in this thread said the way you or anyone plays is the wrong way - wrong is a very direct term you cant apply here - however - a tanker using stealth is counterintuitive to what tankers role is - and you can like that hate that, hate me - hate paragon wiki - hate numbers, facts or data.  You are overreacting to something at that point you shouldnt because i would never kick you off a team if you used stealth as a tanker to stealth a map - even though i disagree with the methodology Ill just be there right beside you agroing everything in sight anyway because i can survive it and still accomplish the same goal without sneaking around.  Please understand that I dont think you are wrong - but you are being shortsighted by not accepting what the defining factor of a tanker is - and its what we are telling you it is - its the factual truth.

You stealthies are a gritty bunch - that will defend your playstyle to the death - i admire that - hell that alone makes you good tanks.  lol  But please realize you dont have to defend it - nobody is trying to take it away - or say you are wrong. But only that there is a defined role to tanking and its antithetical to stealthing.  Not saying you CANT do both, or shouldnt if you like it.

I cant believe we are still talking about this.. lol

3 hours ago, Dark Dove said:

I have also never seen a tank who is running Cloak of Darkness cause any problems in any team, ever.  Dark Armor tankers are not that rare either.

Most Dark Tankers i know and have seen - dont think about the hiding nature of stealth - they just agro everything with their auras and attacks and taunt and dont ever stealth.

there are absolutely no problems with running cloak or darkness whether you are stealthing or not.

43 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I cant believe we are still talking about this.. lol

I can't either.

Your way of tanking is the right way of tanking. I'm saying this directly, without any reservation.

Can you say the same about mine?

(EDIT:  Just to clarify, I'm speaking in general here. Not you, not me.  No personal direction here. But rather, tanks who use stealth and tanks who don't. That's what these two lines are about.)

I think that's where the heat in this conversation comes from.

The original devs thought that stealth had a purpose for tankers, they included it in the Dark Armor set when they proliferated it to tankers (I think in issue 13?) I could link it on paragon wiki or something that stealth was given to tankers, but we'll just agree I hope, that it was, and that they had a reason for it.  You can refute that of course, or say that it doesn't matter now, or that tankers should never have had stealth added, but the fact of the matter is that it was added to tankers, by the creative force who made the game, and has been used ever since. This game isn't other games.  Roles are different here, and the devs understood that.

Edited by Dark Dove

28 minutes ago, Dark Dove said:

Can you say the same about mine?

Tanking - gameplay AT role/strategy

Stealthing - gameplay feature/strategy

Neither are incorrect

They don't intersect.

34 minutes ago, Dark Dove said:

The original devs thought that stealth had a purpose for tankers,

You are overthinking this - they ported it over - probably with little thought to dark even having stealth - because in the scope of the set dark - it's the least prominent feature as it relates to what the rest of the set does.  I do not believe it was "hey lets port dark to tankers so they can now at long last have stealth and revolutionize tanking."

Because it didn't.  It didn't change what tanking was, has not changed what tanking is, and never will.

But it is a valid gameplay feature that multiple ATs can use - most prominently stalkers because their version is best.

Having said that there is a huge difference between taking point and tanking.

That is where a lot of this confusion I believe lies - any AT whether stealthed or not can take point to organize the tip of the spear to obtain mission objectives.

That is not tanking though.  Again tanking is a role of the tanker, brute and kheldian forms that can control agro to support and protect the team - tanker is the preeminent at this task - by design.

Just by me telling you something isnt tanking doesnt mean you are wrong for enjoying it or should stop, but it is an incorrect reference to call stealthing tanking.

13 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

You are overthinking this - they ported it over - probably with little thought to dark even having stealth

That seems like a bold assumption.  They were serving a playerbase that was their paycheck.  I don't think they did anything with 'little thought'.  Just like the development team here, they're particularly careful with the things they enact (or take away).  I think they deserve a little more credit.

The semantics are so muddy now that it doesn't really matter.  I'll repeat the thank you for the conversation, I feel like we've hit an impasse.  Now let's see if the conversation drops, or if some more people argue about it, I don't really have anything left to offer.

8 minutes ago, Dark Dove said:

I don't think they did anything with 'little thought'.

I didnt say it was intentional, or that it was even a mistake - just an afterthought - because stealth wouldn't be on their preeminent list of dark features to revolutionize tanking - just a cool feature that goes with the set that wouldn't break the balance.

59 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I didnt say it was intentional, or that it was even a mistake

I also didn't say you said it was intentional or that it was a mistake.  Huh?

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

just an afterthought

This is what I disagree with.  See above.

39 minutes ago, Dark Dove said:

I also didn't say you said it was intentional or that it was a mistake.  Huh?

John Jacob jingle....

I was making a statement based on how I thought they viewed it - as in not a mistake, not intentional - just a deliberate afterthought of "stealth is there - no need to review it"  i.e. "tankers don't need stealth to be tankers - but here's this cool effect that we will leave in"

More so then than now tankers were more relied on because there was less power creep - so the tanker role was needed more back then.  They wouldnt have rewrote dark or forced an issue to try to make tankers more like stalkers and you need to get that out of your head cause that wasnt in their decision then. And it's not part of what tanking is now. 

It's a feature you can activate to do something other than tanking thats actually really cool and fun - but still not tanking.

47 minutes ago, Dark Dove said:

This is what I disagree with.  See above.

Ok if it wasn't an afterthought - then it would be intentional - or a mistake - which is why I said I didn't think either was the context.

Just like I don't think nerfing EM back then was deliberate or intentional as in the unintended consequences of makimg that set suck for 10+ years - it was a mistake though - or regen - mah gah - need I go there - there are many more.  That has nothing to do with dark armor stealth - but sometimes as well intentioned as any dev can be mistakes, oversights or over/underthinkimg can happen because they are only human.

At the end of the day Dark Armor - make it a tanker set what does it need to be a tanker set?  I dont see stealth being one that made the cut because it contributed to what tanker sets needed to do but ended up in as a cool afterthought - that hey here's stealth enjoy it how you see fit guys, but you also have this really tough armor set now that can survive anything and gold agro with the best of the other tanker sets.

Still no reason to believe it was an action they took with little thought or as an afterthought.  That seems like something you're projecting on it.  I see no evidence of that, and your line of thought could be applied to literally any subject in the implemented game, if you disagree with any implementation.

4 hours ago, Dark Dove said:

I hope it continues, albeit on another topic that's less... I'll call it lively.

We could always discuss giving mez protection to squishies at first level...

OH WAIT!

1 minute ago, Hyperstrike said:

We could always discuss giving mez protection to squishies at first level...

OH WAIT!

Seems like something that's already covered somewhere else.  I'm pretty happy with mez protection as it is, there seem like a lot of inroads to protection already, and everyone can get mez protection via incarnates eventually.  I don't even think any tanker sets get mez protection at level 1 do they?  You can only get it through P2W vendors that early.