Combat Teleport is amazing

Ejlertson

This has got to be one of the most fun powers they managed to come up with. Quick activation and with a bind to teleport to targets location its amazing for combat movement on my Stalker.

Great job GMs 😄

• Like 10

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

i can see that being a beautiful thing on a stalker.  blink, right next to target.  I have been maining a dark/dark Brute since late October.  I have Mystic Flight w/ the ghetto TP built in.  It is really good.  I can stealth glowie missions.  I also find as I get better with it ingenious ways to get past knots of traffic jams that I could just waltz through, but physically cannot.  Porting right onto an Orange Bagel portal door is another sweet time saver.  Porting into the downward tunnels in the become an incarnate kill Trapdoor.  I cannot fall into those easily.  But port?  Done.  I do not have room on my Brute for the TP Travel set.  But I have another Dom in my future...and there is no doubt that will happen.

• Like 1

Now that I've had a taste, it's hard to live without it- even on characters where it doesn't fit for conceptually (and I prioritize theme when building a character).  I can live with out it on ranged toons/controllers, etc. but for melee toons, it's as much a QoL change as a cool power addition.  Absolutely one of my favorite powers now.

It really boggled me how people were complaining about the changes, but I see relatively few complaints any more, so I think even most of the skeptics have been won over after trying it.  😁

• Like 4

CT is fun. I have found it just a tad... quirky if you are trying to do anything but flashy-bang around a clear, level surface. It doesn't like obstacles or elevation changes much. But yep, it's fun, especially that you can use it repeatedly .

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

2 hours ago, Coyote said:

I've changed the F key from Follow to "BAMF to target and activate Rip Head Off power". Follow is now Ctrl-F, because it gets much less use.

Hmm. Hmmmmmmm.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

6 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I have that power set to cast off 6 different binds just to get the most out of it. It's great.

Do share 🙂 Would love some ideas

My 2 binds for it is:
Mousebutton4 Teleport to targets location.
Mousebutton5 Brings up the teleport recticle

The "other guy's" superhero game has "lunge" attacks that basically do the same thing except their lunges are all thematically animated to the powerset.  I wish our animation was better or customizable because, IMHO, the "other guy's" version is cool as heck. 

And to be honest, a "no animation" option might be enough as it could feel more like you're "blinking" around the map in a normal stance  (and not put away your weapon)

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

IMVVHO, the only correct bind for teleport is to the left double-click. Point, clickclick, go.

I did, however, have trouble adjusting to two TP powers with different characteristics; CTP needs to be fast-fast access, but remembering to use Ctrl-LDC proved impossible, so my traveling was often... short-range fail. 😛

So I adapted my binds with two macros to swap modes:

/macro TP "bind LeftDoubleClick powexecname Teleport$$bind CTRL+LeftDoubleClick powexecname Combat Teleport"
/macro CTP "bind LeftDoubleClick powexecname Combat Teleport$$bind CTRL+LeftDoubleClick powexecname Teleport"

Both powers immediately available from the most logical button, swappable for travel and mission needs.

You could add a SHIFT+ bind for CTP to target as well.

• Like 5

I think I even have recharge in it (well a to hit/end cost/rech) to have it up whenever. It's replaced an attack in my 1 key to always be on.

(Halo Covenant voice) Port Port Port. +42 to hit and nuke or sniper.

It's become my default last choice on a toon (instead of hover, leadership, etc.) unless I'm going for Fold Space.

Best part about the teleport changes - they work on default slotting allowing you to six-slot other things.

Edited by Rejolt

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Just now, Rejolt said:

Best part about the teleport changes - they work on default slotting allowing you to six-slot other things.

Yep. End reduction in CTP, Range in TP, with a second slot for End reduction when you can spare it, and move on.

Just now, Shenanigunner said:

Yep. End reduction in CTP, Range in TP, with a second slot for End reduction when you can spare it, and move on.

Among the new sets they need (slows, etc) will have to be Accurate Teleport.

+5 Boosting range/end or to hit/end should be 19.9 range(or to hit)/33 end redux. +5ing an end/to hit/rech should be 33/19.9/33.

+5 to hit or range 31ish, end redux or rech 53.

Do NOT put a +build up in it.  Has a 1 percent chance of firing (yes I've tested that). +Perception IO does work though.

• Like 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Combat Teleport.  The power so cool I decided to finally "Lrn2Kybnd" in a video game. 😄

To be fair, most of what I am working with I've either copied or adapted from (mostly) the beta feedback thread or (rarely) searching and modifying older TP macros.

But first ...

19 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

CT is fun. I have found it just a tad... quirky if you are trying to do anything but flashy-bang around a clear, level surface. It doesn't like obstacles or elevation changes much. But yep, it's fun, especially that you can use it repeatedly .

I thought this at first too, but when I discovered I could disable the  Automatic Field of View in options, and that totally changed vertical mobility options.  Depending on the one's setup I'd highly recommend giving this a try, in combination with your favorite "Click to Land Here" bind/macro.  I recently treated myself to a monitor for the laptop, and the combination in changing screen size, FoV, and gfx quality (lower overall pixel count on the external monitor) was mind-blowing.

FoV.JPG.13b9373f79ecfcc3df72f479fad1e616.JPG

This won't be helpful everywhere (cave maps), but it is fantastic for dragging the last of a spawn to the one on the mezzanine above you on office or base maps.  Great for breaking LoS too.  Take some practice, but it makes for interesting directional/elevation changes when running across a zone too.

4 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Yes, please. What dies everyone's binds look like?

Mine are a bit of a mess, but coming together.  Ultimately I'll figure out how to consolidate what works into file of default CT binds, but no rush, lol.

At first I made a button for targeted Bamf! and placed it next to the CT icon in an inconvenient pair of tray slots, then mapped their 2nd button choices to Mouse 4 and 5 (thumb buttons on my mouse).  m4 was the targeted version, and 5 was the "white rings on the ground" version.  I since discovered the lshift+lbutton one below so m5 is going become something else.  I like my goofy little gray button that says "Bamf!" on it, even though using

/bind button4 powexec_name combat teleport

is cleaner.  So mine looks like:

/macro Bamf! "powexec_location target Combat Teleport"

The "Click to Port Here" I use is pretty simple:

/bind lshift+lbutton powexecname Combat Teleport

(Credit to @DoctorDitko )

On one alt where I went "all in" on the pool I fiddled with extending that to a full set:

/bind lalt+lbutton powexecname Teleport Target

/bind lcontrol+lbutton powexecname Fold Space

Which basically lands the target(s) where I happen to click.  I bet there is a more elegant way to do that, with using _location targeted to yourself or something.  Still learning here.

One set I collected from various posts in the beta thread is this:

(Credit to @ABlueThingy)

/bind lshift+w powexec_location forward:35 combat teleport

/bind lshift+d powexec_location right:35 combat teleport

/bind lshift+a powexec_location left:35 combat teleport

/bind lshift+s powexec_location back:35 combat teleport[/quote]

Which is where I settled so far among all of the options like [code]camera:max

.  I might adjust the numbers if I get really bored, but those work nicely for now.

There are some interesting tricks a few folks noted for example: being able to port a short distance at a keystroke (usually back) gives a boost (distance increases dmg) to Savage Leap. (Credit to @glycerine102, and I think @Hew for that one).

I've been using CT to lead NPCs out of maps and they seem to sprint to keep up without loosing track of where I am.  This could be pure coincidence, who knows, has been interestingly effective though.

If you have a delayed damage power (Like Mass Levitate) and are fast, you can wipe out a group of carnies with it, and port away before their end-drain triggers.  I don't think it's fast enough without the delay though.  It will be interesting to try out as an escape from some of the "continue to stand here and you will die" mechanics.  Might need to adjust the shift-direction distances though.

Edit:  I forgot to mention:  CT works on NPCs, including pedestrians and contacts.  Target Castle, port to Castle.  Etc.  It will also port you to a team-mate, but not that team-mate's target.  Something most will figure out, but just in case ... 😄

What other interesting tricks have people found?

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

10 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

Do share 🙂 Would love some ideas

My 2 binds for it is:
Mousebutton4 Teleport to targets location.
Mousebutton5 Brings up the teleport recticle

I'm willing to admit I could have gone a tad overboard, but I wanted to be able to use the power regardless of facing and as quickly as possible. To that end, I put together 6 binds that are all very similar. Four of them are mapped to lshift+movement keys (WASD), one is mapped to lshift+space(bar), and the last is your more standard teleport bind with lshift+lbutton (mouse clicks) to use while traveling. The character does not have normal Teleport so there's no conflict with the mouse click bind.

So I have these set up:

• /bind lshift+W "powexec_target Combat Teleport"
  • /bind lshift+A "powexec_location left:80 Combat Teleport"
  • /bind lshift+S "powexec_location back:80 Combat Teleport"
  • /bind lshift+D "powexec_location right:80 Combat Teleport"
  • /bind lshift+space "powexec_location up:max Combat Teleport"
  • /bind lshift+lbutton "powexec_name Combat Teleport"

This lets me teleport in any cardinal direction, or straight up, just by hitting the appropriate movement key and the left shift key. The "standard" mouseclick bind for the power is to assist in using the power for travel purposes in much the same way one would bind Jaunt, so I didn't need a bind specifically for "forward" direction as clicking the mouse when no target is available fills that role. The best part about the "back:80" bind is you can combine it with powers like Lightning Rod or Savage Leap if they happen to come off cooldown in the middle of the fight and you want to boost their damage.

Edited by ForeverLaxx
Spelling/grammar
  • Like 4

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

/bind lalt+lbutton powexecname Teleport Target
/bind lcontrol+lbutton powexecname Fold Space

Just a note... I really, really, really advise against using Shift keys as tap keys. I know some players use/like them but I've seen too many problems with both predictable function and then using shift+key binds. There are many better options.

That is all.

22 minutes ago, roleki said:

Sorry if this has been covered ad nauseum, but how does Combat Teleport differ from the Jaunt power out of Speed of Sound?

I do not have Speed of Sound, but my guess would be that Enddurance drain would be one major difference. If you have to have Speed of Sound running to have acces to Jaunt, I beleive the enddrain would be to massive to make it viable.
I´d love for someone with actual SoS/Jaunt knowledge/experience to chime in.

Just now, Ejlertson said:

I do not have Speed of Sound, but my guess would be that Enddurance drain would be one major difference. If you have to have Speed of Sound running to have acces to Jaunt, I beleive the enddrain would be to massive to make it viable.
I´d love for someone with actual SoS/Jaunt knowledge/experience to chime in.

I have Speed of Sound/Jaunt and I keep it on at all times; it's .46/s native but with a boosted EndRedux that sits at .30/s which isn't awful.  That said, Jaunt without an endurance penalty sounds pretty good.

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

The secondary teleport powers (Jaunt, Translocation etc.) have much greater range, similar to TP itself, about 300 feet. But otherwise they fire as fast as Combat Teleport and have a fairly quick recharge time. As noted, these powers have the End cost of any toggled power, which is greater than CTP's net cost.

18 minutes ago, Grindingsucks said:

I have them both on one character.  I have combat teleport in a macro to bampf! me to my selected target.  Jaunt is keybound to shift+button 1 for escapes and/or quickly getting vertical.

I always have an escape key:

/bind U "powexeclocation up:max Teleport"
/bind U "powexectoggleon Fly$$up 1"

I have several 'up' keys (Space, MouseChord) that can cancel the up-ping on the last.

Edited by Shenanigunner