Combat Teleport is amazing

Ejlertson

2 hours ago, roleki said:

Sorry if this has been covered ad nauseum, but how does Combat Teleport differ from the Jaunt power out of Speed of Sound?

Combat Teleport is faster animation (0.67s vs. 1.00s).

Combat Teleport doesn't root you, so you don't lose momentum while using it and you don't turn to face when using powerexecloc.

You can slot Combat Teleport for Range enhancements, however you cannot buff its range with outside buffs (set bonuses, boost range, etc). Also can be slotted for recharge, however I dont think your charges will reset when the power recharges. I think a lockout period happens with those.

Combat Teleport grants a to-hit buff, and those buffs stack if you want to spam your charges. Could be neat to put gaussian proc in there.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Combat Teleport grants a to-hit buff, and those buffs stack if you want to spam your charges. Could be neat to put gaussian proc in there.

Also of note is the +perception unique in the Rectified Reticle set. Great 1-slot-wonder 'tech' vs. Arachnos blinds/stealth. 2pc. will even nab you a 1.88 S/L def, bonus as a little extra gravy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ToHit buff is the real gem of Combat Teleport IMO. 

There are a couple of archetypes that don't get Aim or Build Up. Masterminds, Controllers, and Dominators mainly. But they still have powers that require Accuracy. CT > CT > CT builds a very large ToHit bonus and can help you land important powers. CT into Drain Psyche for example. Or CT > Benumb. Or CT > Glacier/Cinders. 

• Like 1

The bind to end all binds. Ladies n Gents, I present to you, one-handed-at-will-ctp

/bind mousechord powexeclocation camera:max Combat Teleport

This will allow you to hold right mouse, then click left mouse and- ZOOM wherever the cameras pointing. GG.

----------------------------------------------------

other fan favorites-

/bind BUTTON4 "powexec_name Combat Teleport$$powexec_location target Combat Teleport"

this one is the same, but for regular teleport

/bind mousechord+lshift powexeclocation camera:max teleport

EDIT- FYI, it can take the stealth IO to hide you when you port for quick stealthing past stuff incase you fall short. I 5 slot mine with Adjusted targeting/1 slot teleport-stealth-IO-thingy

EDIT 2-

3) Using the numberpad, select a Teammate by ordered number and teleport to them: [[  /bind numpad2 "team_select 2$$powexec_location target Teleport"  ]]

The example above is teammate #2. Set up a bind for each teammate 1 through 8. The tricky part about this is that it requires two clicks, one to select the target, and one to teleport. Just quickly double-click the key to get over there instantly.

I use this one ALL THE TIME when Im back tracking or caught up in steps.

DO NOTE, TELEPORT WORKS THROUGH WALLS WITH THIS (as long as your in range.

Edited by Cakes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cakes said:

The bind to end all binds. Ladies n Gents, I present to you, one-handed-at-will-ctp

/bind mousechord powexeclocation camera:max Combat Teleport

This will allow you to hold right mouse, then click left mouse and- ZOOM wherever the cameras pointing. GG.

I can see the advantage, but I'd maintain that a left double-click is just as fast and not as likely to be triggered by accident if you're dragging your finger on the right when you go to select or target something.

I like mousechord +up a lot. Aids with one-handed travel of all kinds.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

59 minutes ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

Not picking nits but I thought the PROC floor was 5%. Any reason you are seeing 1%?

Combat Teleport can recharge in less than a second and is instant use. May be what is messing with the numbers. I think I saw it proc once in 80 or 90 uses.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

3 hours ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

Thank you.

Is it PROCing on all the ports or just the first one?

I think it didn't proc until my 40-50th try and then it didn't fire again.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

I didn't know how to answer that because it didn't proc until attempt 40-plus during beta. Then it didn't proc again no matter how many tries it felt I gave it (i'm guessing another 50 but memory fades).

Something interesting though: I just tried it (3:40 pm est) on a toon on Test server a few minutes ago and it fired on try 20 (so right on your 5 percent).

Then it fired 5 times in the next 6 attempts. Yes, this could be a visual glitch with the icon for a trigger or two but I was tracking my damage bonus and saw the 80 percent bonus.

Then it triggered once in the next 20 attempts.

I'd still get more reliable use out of a build up or rage-type power.

Edited by Rejolt
  • Thanks 1

@Rejolt @5099y_74c05

It was bugged in beta, but it got fixed. I'm in the process of doing a large sample size test to see what the performance is like on live, but it should be proccing at 11.11%. So far my early results suggest that to be right. Also, the charges don't change proc performance, it will be 11.11% everytime.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Follow up on my Gaussian proc test in Combat Teleport (no recharge slotted). The expected proc rate is: (6+0.67)/60 = 11.1167%

Test Results: 2472 Activations, 290 Procs  (11.73%)

Safe to say, procs are working as intended in Combat Teleport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

Isnt you far better of putting it in Build Up?

That somewhat depends on how you use Combat Teleport. In general, you might prefer having it in Build Up. It will be fairly reliable (90% chance to fire every 30s if you slotted enough recharge, depending on how you slotted it). To equal that same performance, you would have to use Combat Teleport 8 times in a 30s window. You probably aren't going to do that. But who knows, folks might get creative with macros and warp/attack everywhere, giving them a steady stream of proc chances. Personally, I would slot Combat Teleport with Gaussian if I didn't get a Build-Up nor Aim, or if I'm low level and my Build Up is only up every minute or so.

• Like 2

A question about binding.
Woudl it be possible to set it up, to teleport to 5 feet behind or in front of target?

Something like: /bind BUTTON4 "powexec_name Combat Teleport$$powexec_location target behind:5 Combat Teleport"

Especially infron of taret at 5 or 10 would be nice to catch runners, because if you have it at location you will port to where they where and just be out of range of amelee strike

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

So, I wound up taking Combat Teleport on my new MA/WP scrapper, and it is nice, but can someone clarify if the +ToHit is a proc, or is it supposed to happen every time you teleport?  Reason I ask is, I've got a Kismet +Acc, Focused Accuracy, and Focus Chi, all of which add a little (or a lot) of +ToHit... but my +ToHit almost never moves when I use Combat Teleport.  In fact, it seems like I only get the +ToHit off Combat Teleport if I'm not getting a +ToHit buff from somewhere else.  Is that a graphical bug, is it working as intended, or am I just not getting this?

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

(EDIT: The) To-Hit (Bonus from Combat Teleport) is a buff. It can stack as many times as can fire it inside of it's 5-second duration. I've seen 4 icons on my character but consistently you'll max out at 3.   You get the +to hit every time you teleport. It does not override other sources of to hit.

Recent Hami raid I played with the to hit numbers thanks to other players casting clarion on me. I was dancing between my base 81.0 to hit (base + kismet) and the 117-130 range on to hit.

I'd ask for a picture of your combat attribute tab with To Hit's sources listed to give us more information.

All sources should stack regardless if the numbers log is keeping up with it to show you it's actually there.

Edited by Rejolt

On 12/22/2020 at 10:04 AM, Rejolt said:

(EDIT: The) To-Hit (Bonus from Combat Teleport) is a buff. It can stack as many times as can fire it inside of it's 5-second duration. I've seen 4 icons on my character but consistently you'll max out at 3.   You get the +to hit every time you teleport. It does not override other sources of to hit.

Recent Hami raid I played with the to hit numbers thanks to other players casting clarion on me. I was dancing between my base 81.0 to hit (base + kismet) and the 117-130 range on to hit.

I'd ask for a picture of your combat attribute tab with To Hit's sources listed to give us more information.

All sources should stack regardless if the numbers log is keeping up with it to show you it's actually there.

At this point I can't tell if it's a graphical glitch or if I'm really not getting the 10% ToHit bonus when this happens, but, if you CT and immediately execute an attack, the ToHit bonus does not appear in Combat Attributes.  If you wait a moment after arrival to attack, the 10% buff appears in the CA window.

If I CT 3x in a row and do nothing each time, my ToHit goes from 86 (base) to 96, 106, then 116, so the stacking part is working.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

27 minutes ago, roleki said:

At this point I can't tell if it's a graphical glitch or if I'm really not getting the 10% ToHit bonus when this happens, but, if you CT and immediately execute an attack, the ToHit bonus does not appear in Combat Attributes.  If you wait a moment after arrival to attack, the 10% buff appears in the CA window.

If I CT 3x in a row and do nothing each time, my ToHit goes from 86 (base) to 96, 106, then 116, so the stacking part is working.

The to-hit buff is supposed to go away after you attack. You can test this though, to confirm. Test against something you don't have a 95% chance to hit against. Then monitor your to-hit rolls with and without Combat Teleport. I would like to know if you use CTP then attack, do you get the To-Hit Buff before it suppresses

37 minutes ago, Bopper said:

The to-hit buff is supposed to go away after you attack. You can test this though, to confirm. Test against something you don't have a 95% chance to hit against. Then monitor your to-hit rolls with and without Combat Teleport. I would like to know if you use CTP then attack, do you get the To-Hit Buff before it suppresses

Wouldn't monitoring combat numbers tell you more precisely? Info says 10% for five seconds, after a 0.5s delay; numbers tell the same tale. Or are you doubting the numbers vs. real effect?

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

23 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Wouldn't monitoring combat numbers tell you more precisely? Info says 10% for five seconds, after a 0.5s delay; numbers tell the same tale. Or are you doubting the numbers vs. real effect?

I am questioning displayed information. Monitoring combat attributes is good, however I have experienced delays in numbers updating on that window. So using the combat log would be more useful as the To-Hit roll will be definitive in telling us if you did in fact get the To-Hit buff (while also telling us the To-Hit buff was removed before the combat attributes window updated).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
On 12/17/2020 at 11:00 AM, Shenanigunner said:

Just a note... I really, really, really advise against using Shift keys as tap keys. I know some players use/like them but I've seen too many problems with both predictable function and then using shift+key binds. There are many better options.

Mind a brief elaboration?  For the toon I referenced in my post that you quoted I dropped the extra powers from the pool because theme, but I am curious to know more.

On my other one I since moved to LeftDoubleClick because that's a much smoother UX than fumbling for the shift key.

The reason I as though is because did notice some inconsistency with <shift>+mouse, but no way to tell if that was connectivity related or some other unrelated cause.

I will say that the <shift>+WASD pattern works great, and I noticed that in your binds you are using <crtl> in a few places.  Is that a better option than <shift>.

FWIW, still working my way through your tech guide too, so I might find the answer there when I can circle back to it. Thanks for putting that together.  Always appreciate the amount of work the community puts into sharing information on this game.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

45 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Mind a brief elaboration?

It looks like I wasn't completely clear.

Using the three shift keys (Shift, Ctrl, Alt) as pairs or sets is a great way to multiply the bind combinations, especially if you follow simple usage rules like "put all the primary, fast-access binds on unshifted keys" and "use shift keys in order of ease — Ctrl, then Alt, then Shift [for me, at least]" so that Ctrl's are secondary powers you use a lot and Alt/Shift are for non-combat, non-rapid-use commands like calling up menus and toggling screen elements.

BUT using left and right shifts for different binds is needlessly complex, and using shift keys as "tap" commands themselves (that is, you tap LSHIFT or RSHIFT as the actual bind key)... bad practice and will cause many conflicts with normal shift-key use.

Is that clearer?

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

BUT using left and right shifts for different binds is needlessly complex, and using shift keys as "tap" commands themselves (that is, you tap LSHIFT or RSHIFT as the actual bind key)... bad practice and will cause many conflicts with normal shift-key use.

Is that clearer?

100%

Thanks.

Yeah, it would not have occurred to me to use them as a tap key.  I can't remember why, but I associate those as modifier keys rather than a key that does something on its own.

51 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

"put all the primary, fast-access binds on unshifted keys" and "use shift keys in order of ease — Ctrl, then Alt, then Shift [for me, at least]"

I'm still working out the ergos for me, but yeah I've been trying to setup a pattern and stick to it.  I had been playing with laptop/mouse since I found HC last March, and as much as I love this laptop keyboard, accuracy in the <shift>-<ctrl>-<alt> corner still eludes my long, gangley hands. 🤣 Still on the laptop, but I found a sweet deal on a monitor over the holidays and treated myself. 🙂

Just about done changing the setup though, so I'll be using my old razer keyboard pretty soon.  Should be easier to work out a pattern on that.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.