Leave room for others

MrNotorion

Just a polite request.  When you're interacting with contacts, especially in leveling up, etc. please stop crowding so close.  Leave room for others to see and click on them.  Take care of your business expeditiously and then move away to leave room for others if you want to remain close by.  I don't recall ever dealing with this on the old live servers of not even being able to see Ms. Liberty for example, and just thought I'd ask for a bit more consideration.

I remember crowding at times before, haven’t had too much trouble with Miss Liberty myself, though I have noticed it be pretty busy at times.  Courtesy definitely should be a thought though.  Especially for those of us who returned from playing the game that long ago.  (Not saying ya’ll are old but I certainly have added some lines)

Somebody mentioned training with BaB... is he still in the NW corner of things?

Also, another easy trainer to reach is Victoria in Talos (right off the tram).

And, I think you can access the Vanguard base in AP as well.  Though I don't think you can go into the zone itself (or you shouldn't, if you're too low)

I don't recall ever dealing with this on the old live servers of not even being able to see Ms. Liberty for example, and just thought I'd ask for a bit more consideration.

It was never really a major issue on the whole until trainers started offering tailoring services too. That was supposed to make things easier, but it just means that now people trying to grab a quick level and move on get stuck navigating a huge crowd of people spending twenty minutes or more tweaking their costumes to perfection. (There's an Icon in Atlas Park now, people! Make use of it!)

The worst I remember was on Virtue, before Dark Astoria was converted to an Incarnate zone; people used the Vanguard base in the Rikti War Zone as a staging area for trials since it was hero/villain neutral (most servers used Pocket D, but Virtue being the RP server,  there were other things happening there). So OF COURSE sixty or so people would end up just gathered in front of the Lady Grey, who also happened to be right next to the trainer, who also happened to be right next to the vendor, so anybody who needed to access any of that had to fight their way through an enormous throng of bodies and mastermind pets and auras and powers and lag. At one point I tried suggesting on the old forums that maybe Incarnate raid staging could be done in one of the many large, empty conference rooms in that same section of the base instead of directly in front of things others needed, and was pretty much blown off. Luckily, eventually all that moved to the special Incarnates-only zone, but for a while there it was really rough.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Yup, he's there.. I had totally forgotten about him until I ran into him while doing a mission. The problem with BaB is that everyone is coming out of DFBs and he's too far to train and run back.  What many people don't realize is that as long as everyone is in the same zone, you can go into a DFB from anywhere in the zone. You don't have to be in the sewers.

What many people don't realize is that as long as everyone is in the same zone, you can go into a DFB from anywhere in the zone. You don't have to be in the sewers.

People are using the Sewer Network zone on purpose for DfB staging lately -- there's usually only one instance of it, so you don't have to constantly worry about which copy of Atlas Park each individual member of the team is in, and you can use the Broadcast channel to reach everyone there at once. Everybody just goes to the sewers as their "all in the same zone" place.

Plus it keeps them all from crowding Ms Liberty and getting in the way of everyone else (at least in theory); most folks are running several DfBs in a row, and there's a trainer inside the trial first thing, so there's really no need to run back and forth anyway.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I was forgetting that they're now all one-stop-shopping.  Just makes it more important though for people to be reminded to keep their distance.  For those kinds of things where you're going to be there a while try to avoid doing that when it's busy or, as suggested, for stuff like costume tweaking go to an icon shop.  Probably true that once you're out of the starting zones the population thins out a lot.

Still, I've been hanging around Atlas a lot so I see it quite a bit.  Again, not a serious problem as yet, but then we don't want it to become one either.  CoH always had the best, most helpful and considerate community in all of gaming and it should remain a model for other games that way.

You can actually force your way through the crowd, you just bump others out of the way. Sometimes, if I have trouble, I'll just jump into the middle, that bumps the others around and makes room for me to get in. I don't like pushing other peoples toons around but it's their own fault for standing around a vital npcs...

It was never really a major issue on the whole until trainers started offering tailoring services too. That was supposed to make things easier, but it just means that now people trying to grab a quick level and move on get stuck navigating a huge crowd of people spending twenty minutes or more tweaking their costumes to perfection. (There's an Icon in Atlas Park now, people! Make use of it!)

This.

And I'm as guilty as the next hero for hogging trainers for costume changes.

One of the first things I did after I got my first character to level 10 was make an SG base and placed a trainer, vendor, and tailor from each faction right by the portal entrance.  In the next room to the right I have crafting tables, a merit vendor, and lots of storage.  And then straight ahead are teleporters to all of the zones, essentially in level order by faction, as well as a Pillar of Fire and Ice and a mission computer.

With that set up and a Base Teleporter from P2W vendor, I can do anything I need or go anywhere I want, all from the privacy of my own home!

Oh! And don't forget to add a hospital area to your base so that, if you are defeated, you can go to your base instead of the hospital and pick up whatever you might need to conquer that mission.

*bumping private agenda*

Y'know, if Ms. Liberty is crowded you could always train with a nice Arbiter in Mercy. He's next to Kalinda and is almost always open for helping people learn their powers.

:)

Otherwise, yeah, pls don't crowd. When I -do- play my 1-2 heroes I would like to train and move on. Stop costuming in Atlas. Serge is freakin' lonely people! I hear he's offering a discount if you punch out 20 Tsoo, too!

One of the first things I did after I got my first character to level 10

You can make a SG and base as soon as you're out of the tutorial. Level 2 for sure.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I mean, it's understandable that many will end up surrounding Ms. Liberty (seems to be mostly her and the Mercy one affected on my limited travels), but if you're going to do this can we perhaps dismiss all the pets and turn off all the toggles so that someone can Attempt to click on her as well? I've been told that the DFB groups like to hang out there too, but IDK how much of an impact they have.

Yes, I too have added all the appropriate NPCs to the base, but there are common missions where I'm having to simply go talk to an NPC as well and have to Somehow manage a click between everyone.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Back Alley Brawler is in the southwest part of Atlas Park, in the center of the traffic circle at the south end of Argosy Industrial (just N of the big warehouse at the south end). Every time I've gone by -- always when finishing Marie Castel's arc, and whenever the dogpile around Ms. Liberty gets too insane -- there's rarely been more than one other hero in the area.

A sister problem during peak hours is lag. People tend to leave all their powers active and when there are twenty-five characters surrounding Ms. Liberty, some with pets running around, it can bog down many computers.

Not everyone uses AP as a staging area and those just passing through to get to City Hall (for example), a disconnect is a true possibility. It would be most considerate if folk could start shutting off their powers is such high traffic areas that are in safe zones (such as AP and KR).

Project Manager, Haphazard Projects

Founder of the L.A.U.G.H. SG

"If you don't laugh at yourself, someone else will laugh at you first!"

A sister problem during peak hours is lag. People tend to leave all their powers active and when there are twenty-five characters surrounding Ms. Liberty, some with pets running around, it can bog down many computers.

I turned particles way down so at least the FX don't bog down my laptop.

Since there's an Icon in AP now, it might make sense to pull the tailor option off the trainers to maybe mitigate the lagfest a bit.

Indomitable Heroes: Catgoyle, Toxia, Roberta XR-523, Guardian Clara, Street Cleaner, Princess Cuppycakes

Indomitable Villains: Fluffums, Freeloadin' Freddy, Beatrix the Bunneh, Cheese Thief