Fixing Pines Hero Designer to be accurate for Homecoming/i25.

• Updated 6/7

Alright, I know at least one other person has already tried with some success, but I thought I would throw my hat into the ring.

https://mega.nz/#!PkUXlK7J!9fgAveje4Fe8bb7ElCZtID-aYhKON9OO5cNzZ6cn7pc

This is my attempt at fixing the Pines Hero planner.

Notable changes from the default version of Pines :
  • Fixes the /kin and /rad secondaries for Masterminds so they aren't empty. (Some numbers like END costs are still being updated, be aware they may be incorrect)
  • Removes the unused power pools (Experimentation, Utility Belt, etc) that can't be selected on Homecoming.
  • Removes the 'Fitness' power pool, since it's now inherent to all characters.
  • Removes the 'Wind Control' power set for Controllers, as it was never completed and put in the game.
  • Fixes the 'Leviathan Mastery' Patrol Pool for masterminds, so that the version with the Coralax pet correctly doesn't show up for Masterminds. (The 2nd version with the Coralax pet was actually the pool that Sentinels get)
  • Fixes the 'Bio Armor' pool for Sentinels, Defensive Adaptation will now only show up if you have 'Adaptation' selected.
  • Added the Flame Mastery ancillary pool for Defenders/Corruptors
  • Protector Bots will now display their defense buff on 'Totals', 7.5% base defense to the MM.
  • Fallout Shelter has been moved to the appropriate level (16) for Radiation Armor Stalkers.
  • Sentinel's Refractor Beam no longer shows up as Penetrating Ray in the Info Box.

Changes made on 6/7

• Removed Wind Control from Dominators
  • Updated Sentinel Refractor Beam to use Targeted AoE IO sets
  • Frigid Protection should no longer show debuffs for the player, only enemies
  • Controller's Containment effect will now show a 100% damage buff when turned on to reflect the double damage it does (The current version has no way of duplicating damage for powers so a 100% damage buff is the closest way to do so)

It most likely will NOT work with pre-existing saved builds due to changes in the static indexes as I adjusted the various powers, but feel free to try if you want. YMMV.

I would greatly appreciate if people would try this out and let me know if there's any bugs or issues that I missed. I've been exploring it and I think I'm getting fairly good at navigating the program.

To the best of my knowledge, the numbers for /rad masterminds matches up , however I could not judge on /kin since the game would only let me view details for powers I already have and I don't have a /kin high enough level to confirm those numbers.

Edited for new changes as of 6/7/19.

I'll try and remember to give it a spin tonight.  :)

If you're still working with it, the first version of Pine I used didn't have the Pyre Mastery for Defenders and Corruptors that's in the i25 patch notes.  Any chance you can stick that in?

Can you make the defense enhancement from protector bots apply to the player when clicked

I can and I have! I'm at work at the moment, correct me if I'm wrong - isn't the protector bot 7.5% defense base? I'll upload a new version later this afternoon containing the Protector Bot defense change.

Also, for the Demon Summoning pool, the Ember Demon grants damage resistance and I was thinking of adding that in, but I'm not sure about the numbers. The numbers present on the wiki aren't 100% clear to me. Can anyone who has a Demon Summoning MM check how much resists the ember demon grants to the mastermind himself, base? The wiki claims it's Smashing 10% Lethal 10% Fire 13.33% Cold 6.66% Toxin 10 %.

I also fixed Stalker Radiation armor so that Fallout Shelter properly is moved to Level 16.

If you're still working with it, the first version of Pine I used didn't have the Pyre Mastery for Defenders and Corruptors that's in the i25 patch notes.  Any chance you can stick that in?

Could you give me more info on this? I checked out the patch notes quick reference and didn't see anything about Pyre Mastery, and the forum search didn't pull up anything. I can add it if I can get some more details.

One thing I noticed, is that incarnate buffs do not show up in the totals. Anything you can do about this pretty please?  :D

That much, unfortunately, is a bit beyond me. I'm not much of a programmer, though I've dabbled in the past. Most of the work I'm doing within Pine's is simply editing the database of powers, pets, etc. I can add, remove, and edit powers and powersets but not rewrite the code to incorporate the incarnate system.

I just REALLY want to contribute to the game I love in some way, and this is the best way I found so far...

Aha, I just searched the patch notes.  Turns out it's not under Pyre Mastery, my bad.  :)

Added Flame Mastery epic power pool to Corruptors and Defenders:

·        Level 35: Consume

·        Level 35: Char

·        Level 41: Fire Shield

·        Level 41: Rise of the Phoenix

·        Level 43: Greater Fire Sword

Also, thanks for picking this up!

(looks closer) Um, GFS should probably be level 44, right?  :D

Nice effort! Could do with showing damage per activation numbers by default as was customary in Mid's rather than DPS. Similarly, pop-up should be on by default.

Also, the cast time of blast powers tier one and two used to be standardized to 1 and 1.67 secs respectively, Pine's consistently shows a longer activation time, why is that?

OP Link has been updated with changes made today!

One thing I've noticed that I haven't seen in other versions of Pine's: When you start a new build, none of the inherent powers display.  However, if you hover over them with your mouse, they show up.

I noticed this as well, somehow it has to do with when I removed the 'Fitness' power pool. Picking any primary or secondary power, or adding a slot to any inherent power will cause all of the Inherent powers to show up at once, or as you said mousing over them works as well. It's a pretty minor thing so I didn't think much of it, but I'll check and see if I can figure out what part of the program is causing that.

Added Flame Mastery epic power pool to Corruptors and Defenders:

Okay, Flame Mastery has been added - and let me tell you that was annoying. Not anyone's fault, just the side effect of the program being SO in-depth and complicated. I'm happy to do it, but I wanted to complain ;)

I don't know if the actual damage numbers match, but it's easy enough to adjust the numbers. If anyone happens to have a defender at level 50 that can respec into flame mastery, pick all 5 powers and jot down the numbers from in-game I can update them. For now, the numbers for Consume, Char, Fire Shield, and ROTP have been copied from other ancillary pools, while GFS was copied from Brute_Melee as it doesn't exist in any other Ancillary pools. I've got a defender I've been levelling, but with my crippling alt-itis I cannot guarantee how quickly I can make it to 50 to test the numbers. I'll do my best though!

Nice effort! Could do with showing damage per activation numbers by default as was customary in Mid's rather than DPS. Similarly, pop-up should be on by default.

Also, the cast time of blast powers tier one and two used to be standardized to 1 and 1.67 secs respectively, Pine's consistently shows a longer activation time, why is that?

Damage per activate and pop-up being on are actually user settings that follow the last way you used the program. The reason they were set to DPS and pop-up off is because I turned those off when I was doing my builds, but I will set those on for the next release so it'll be on for other people.

I'm not sure why Pine's shows a longer activation time for powers, within the database for 'Dark Blast' (as an example) the Casting Time is set to 1.0s and something within the program is automatically adding that extra 0.188s to what's in the database. I'll browse around and see if I can't figure out what that might be.

EDIT : AHA! Okay, here's what I found. Go to 'Options', then 'Configuration', and go to the 'Effects & Maths' tab. At the bottom of the options window is an option that says 'Use ArcanaTime for Animation Times'. Checking this box adds a bit of time to power cast times, while unchecking it drops the cast times down to the 1.0s and 1.67s times you're expecting. According to the pop-up information on that option, it says that ArcanaTime is 'the real time animations take due to server clock ticks'.

Small issue, but in Pines, for Sentinel, the Beam Rifle - Refractor Beam power shows in the box as Penetrating Ray.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Could you look over the stances for Bio Armor for Scrappers?  Offensive is the only stance that appears to show any changes to the numbers. 

I'll look into this, but it's complex enough (Where the power affects numbers for other powers) that I don't know how to do this right away. It will probably take a few more days to get this dialed in, as I'll have to experiment with the way the various different entities work.

Small issue, but in Pines, for Sentinel, the Beam Rifle - Refractor Beam power shows in the box as Penetrating Ray.

Okay, this one took me a good long while to figure out, but figure it out I have! I will apply this fix in the next release today or tomorrow.

Updated 5/29

• Protector Bots will now display their defense buff on 'Totals'.

The Value is a bit off, normally it always adds 7.5 Base Value but in Pine it adds 8.7 as Base Value.

And in Game it also adds 7.5 to negative energy, in Pine it adds 0.

Updated 5/29

The Value is a bit off, normally it always adds 7.5 Base Value but in Pine it adds 8.7 as Base Value.

Yeah, the values I put in were off slightly. The Database Editor's method of showing numbers is... weird to say the least. Negative has been added.

The file in the OP has been updated with those minor fixes.

Regarding Bio-Armor : It looks like there's some problem within the program with it recognizing the special cases. There's a special case 'DefensiveAdaptation' that doesn't seem to work at all. Hardened Carapace is set to add 5.63% extra res whenever DefensiveAdaptation is on, but that check doesn't appear to work. I've modified it a dozen different ways, but the check for DefensiveAdaptation seems to be broken. Without looking at the code, i'm shooting blind and the chances I'll find what makes it trigger are very, very low.

The same issue applies with recognizing the 'EfficientAdaptation' case. There 's a 30% endurance discount that never triggers because the program doesn't seem to recognize when the 'EfficientAdaptation' power is active.

I REALLY wish I had access to the code for the program, if so I could see why the triggers aren't working and work in a fix. Too much is happening out of sight.

Updated 5/29

Yeah, the values I put in were off slightly. The Database Editor's method of showing numbers is... weird to say the least. Negative has been added.

The file in the OP has been updated with those minor fixes.

Regarding Bio-Armor : It looks like there's some problem within the program with it recognizing the special cases. There's a special case 'DefensiveAdaptation' that doesn't seem to work at all. Hardened Carapace is set to add 5.63% extra res whenever DefensiveAdaptation is on, but that check doesn't appear to work. I've modified it a dozen different ways, but the check for DefensiveAdaptation seems to be broken. Without looking at the code, i'm shooting blind and the chances I'll find what makes it trigger are very, very low.

The same issue applies with recognizing the 'EfficientAdaptation' case. There 's a 30% endurance discount that never triggers because the program doesn't seem to recognize when the 'EfficientAdaptation' power is active.

I REALLY wish I had access to the code for the program, if so I could see why the triggers aren't working and work in a fix. Too much is happening out of sight.

I do appreciate you looking into it.  Knowing why it doesn't work is better than nothing.  I could always figure out the numbers and see it live in game, but just helps build with it.  You're doing awesome work and it's greatly appreciated.

As a partial fix, I could simply have Defensive Adaptation grant the extra HP/Resist/Defense/Etc. By assigning those changes to the Defensive Adaptation power directly, it would apply when DA is turned on and vanish when you turn on Offensive or Efficient adaptation. The downside to that would be that I'd have to assign ALL of the effects - the Resists to Hardened/ablative carapace, the bonus HP and defense from Enviro Mod, etc. This means that the numbers would only match up if you have taken all of those powers, and anyone who doesn't take them would end up with incorrect info.

The best solution would be if I could get the source code and see how the program checks for the 'Defensive Adaptation' condition, so if anyone happens to be able to get in touch with Mids or Pine and can convince them to put it up on Github or something that'd be ideal :) Unless it's already up on Github or sourceforge and I'm just not having luck finding it...

Updated 5/30

Alright, I know at least one other person has already tried with some success, but I thought I would throw my hat into the ring.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=90585658726156960663

This is my attempt at fixing the Pines Hero planner.

Notable changes from the default version of Pines :

• Fixes the /kin and /rad secondaries for Masterminds so they aren't empty.
  • Removes the unused power pools (Experimentation, Utility Belt, etc) that can't be selected on Homecoming.
  • Removes the 'Fitness' power pool, since it's now inherent to all characters.
  • Removes the 'Wind Control' power set for Controllers, as it was never completed and put in the game.
  • Fixes the 'Leviathan Mastery' Patrol Pool for masterminds, so that the version with the Coralax pet correctly doesn't show up for Masterminds. (The 2nd version with the Coralax pet was actually the pool that Sentinels get)
  • Fixes the 'Bio Armor' pool for Sentinels, Defensive Adaptation will now only show up if you have 'Adaptation' selected.

Changes made on 5/29 :

• Added the Flame Mastery ancillary pool for Defenders/Corruptors
  • Fallout Shelter has been moved to the appropriate level (16) for Radiation Armor Stalkers.

Changes made on 5/30 :

• Protector Bot defense numbers fixed, should be accurate to 7.5% base defense.
  • Sentinel's Refractor Beam no longer shows up as Penetrating Ray in the Info Box.

It most likely will NOT work with pre-existing saved builds due to changes in the static indexes as I adjusted the various powers, but feel free to try if you want. YMMV.

I would greatly appreciate if people would try this out and let me know if there's any bugs or issues that I missed. I've been exploring it and I think I'm getting fairly good at navigating the program.

To the best of my knowledge, the numbers for /rad masterminds matches up , however I could not judge on /kin since the game would only let me view details for powers I already have and I don't have a /kin high enough level to confirm those numbers.

Edited for new changes as of 5/30/19.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but a way to see BOOSTED IOs from Enhancement Boosters would be fantastic. Keep up the good work. A calculator would be awesome too if somebody could get one going online.  Example:  Defense bonus of 6 50 IOs (All boosted so 25.5 + 25% = 31.875 * 6 = 191.25 pre ED.  What would that come out to with ED?

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but a way to see BOOSTED IOs from Enhancement Boosters would be fantastic. Keep up the good work. A calculator would be awesome too if somebody could get one going online.  Example:  Defense bonus of 6 50 IOs (All boosted so 25.5 + 25% = 31.875 * 6 = 191.25 pre ED.  What would that come out to with ED?

This is already doable. When you're in the select enhancement interface pressing the + key will allow you to add enhancement boosters up to +5.

Defender Smash!

Thank you for the update. One thing I do want to point out is the endurance cost on Mastermind's /Kinetics and /Radiation Emission. As part of their balancing, Masterminds have higher endurance costs on their secondaries. Even though the debuff/buff values are fine, their endurance cost is not. A minor detail, but it's just for consistency with in game values. I was going to mention that leaving Fitness in would have been a good idea since on Live, some character still had power pool fitness as they had never respecced after it was changed to an inherent, but that's a non-issue here.

Hi there, I just downloaded this today to help me figure out ways to get my recharge smashed out on my Stormy Defender. I wasn't able to find the IO set Sudden Acceleration on the list of sets. I think I looked through them all, this is the set that provides Knockback to Knockdown.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!