Separate chat channel for DFB?

This may seem ludicrous but lately it seems I can hardly find any groups looking in /LFG for most anything other than DFB.  Maybe that could be separated out to its own channel or something?

(Alternately, if you could filter on keyword so that you don't see certain chat blobs, that would probably work too.)

I suspect that DFB insanity will smooth out over the next couple of months once folks have a staple of mid-to-high range toons they can play as they like and aren't obsessed with getting out of King's Row. I could be wrong, but at least it won't be channel flooding levels of crazy.

A better approach would be fixing the LFG widget so they don't need to advertise in the channel in the first place.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

I suspect that DFB insanity will smooth out over the next couple of months once folks have a staple of mid-to-high range toons they can play as they like and aren't obsessed with getting out of King's Row. I could be wrong, but at least it won't be channel flooding levels of crazy.

A better approach would be fixing the LFG widget so they don't need to advertise in the channel in the first place.

I honestly don't understand why more people aren't going to Hollows. I never touch Kings Row. I go straight to DFB till level 9ish, then hit Hollows until after Frostfire, then it's straight to Posi TF Part 1. Then I do TF's all the way to 50 with the occasional regular teams in between. Kings Row missions (usually radio missions) just seems boring to me when there are much funner ways to level.

This may seem ludicrous but lately it seems I can hardly find any groups looking in /LFG for most anything other than DFB.  Maybe that could be separated out to its own channel or something?

(Alternately, if you could filter on keyword so that you don't see certain chat blobs, that would probably work too.)

I too would love this. DFB groups have all but taken over LFG chat. It's hard to get a word in edgewise when looking for TF groups or the likes. If DFB had its own channel, that would be great. But like someone else said, hopefully DFB groups will die down a bit after these next couple of months.

Yes, King's Row Shauna Stockwell (IIRC) and Eagle Eye both give missions that are tough, give great reward merits, and lot's of XP.  Plus they are fun...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Players can create their own global channels. You want one, make one!

Here's the simplest objection: it won't work. Unless you have a full time squad of chat moderators then you can't force people who want to DFB to use a specific channel unless they want to.

** "This, all of this" .gif goes here **

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Here's the simplest objection: it won't work. Unless you have a full time squad of chat moderators then you can't force people who want to DFB to use a specific channel unless they want to.

I think it would work.  People are going to move to whatever get's the most traction.  If there was an official tab, like Help and LFG for DFB, then people who want DFB would likely and instinctively go there.  Probably for the same reason the OP is asking - there would be less noise for things like TF and Radio Mishes.  I think it would self moderate, and just like now people would course correct people posting in the wrong channel.

The problem with an unofficial tab is getting the visibility.  If no one sees it, no one uses it.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I went to both Hollows and Perez park and did some leveling. Perez Park is better with a group. That aside, leveling is still pretty quick outside of DFB. I'm sad so much story and content is not being enjoyed. However, I ended up going back to DFB because the SO enhancements. With only a limited amount of my powers and slots, most with no or crappy enhancements, I was getting my butt kicked out there, as a Tank! Perhaps better lower level rewards in other places could lure people out? Also, whenever we play maybe we could resist that urge to go back to DFB ourselves and start organizing our own groups. I've seen new people on the past few days asking what DFB is, and other people with altitis getting burnt out on it. As far as channel clutter, I've seen MMO's wikth level locked channels. Might clear things up a little bit at least once past 22.

Been playing for almost 2 weeks, most days.  Between every mission I throw up a LFG.  I have yet to find a single person to group with.  Getting preeeeetty bored of soloing.

So I highly approve of this.

Good idea, I think when more players get 50's and start exploring other content, it will die down.

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

Been playing for almost 2 weeks, most days.  Between every mission I throw up a LFG.  I have yet to find a single person to group with.  Getting preeeeetty bored of soloing.

You know there's an EASY solution to that... right?

I'm out.

So just as a note, as someone who regularly forms TFs I tend to avoid people who just put up a LFG message in the channel. Since a TF requires a bit of a time commitment and I've got no clue if they have the time/inclination to run it I generally skip them and let people message me.

Defender Smash!

Speaking of The Hollows, I swear I remember somebody in AP regularly directing my characters there back in the day. So far with Homecoming, I haven't been directed there at all, except during the Midnighter's chain when I got sent to use the wand to cure Lost, and Hollows was mentioned as one place I could find them. By that time, the character in question had already outleveled Hollows by a good bit.

No?  I’m all ears.  Anything to improve my chances for finding a group.

As for the other guy, I’m looking for any group.  Not just TF.

Awesome! I'm glad you're all ears! Here's what you do:

3MIq5UK.png

w0lRdyj.png

Now... just repeat steps 6 and 7 probably about 7-8 times, and you'll be a part of a full team in NO TIME!  xWcL56W.gif

Tr139wy.png

I'm out.

Back to DFB disturbing LFG channel.

I see a few polite players using /broadcast instead of /lfg.

However, if i'm not mistaken, broadcast channel is covering an instance, not a map (ie broadcast in Atlas Park 1 will not be seen in Atlas Park 2)

Is it possible to create a channel map wide ? It may be more beneficial (for all purpose) than broadcast.

It is not a perfect solution for DFB calls but players willing to do that trial will be encouraged to come to Atlas Park.

And maybe another wish.

Would there be a possibility to automaticaly add the faction of the player's toon when using LFG channel ?

Like a [H] or [V] or [R] for example ? It may help players to sort out LFG and LFM calls and TF proposals.

King's Row is the best row.

I remember logging into CoH once and there was some sort of mistake, they loaded a "restored" King's Row... all cleaned up and fancy looking. It was pretty cool to see the sort of alt-universe of it.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

I love the Hollows, but it seems hard to keep folks there once they do Frostfire... but it really is good to go on to do the whole arc, then you get the cool Trial at the end.. apparently not very popular though.

Awesome! I'm glad you're all ears! Here's what you do:

3MIq5UK.png

w0lRdyj.png

Now... just repeat steps 6 and 7 probably about 7-8 times, and you'll be a part of a full team in NO TIME!  xWcL56W.gif

Tr139wy.png

Fun fact:  0 are looking.  I'm 14, so I felt like 6-20 is an appropriate range, but I also changed to "all".  All Maps, All Levels, all Archtypes, 0 looking.  Just myself.

Don't narrow your search by level. People still gain experience even while exemplared. Seriously, unless someone explicitly has their status as "don't accept invites, and they aren't actively in a map mission... invite them! That's how teams are formed!

Let's change that to "unless they have in their status 'don't accept invites", and they aren't actively in a map mission . . .send them a tell to see if they'd like to join your team."

Blind invites are annoying to many of us and most people will reject them (I sent my share when I was brand new and didn't know why I couldn't form a team).  A simple "Talos team running radio missions, would you like to join?" is much better than a blind invite.