The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

59 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Just added a stalker to my bovine supergroup. His name is Cow Hide.

omg this is brilliant and I'm jealous I didn't think of it. 🤣

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

omg this is brilliant and I'm jealous I didn't think of it. 🤣

Thanks, that's high praise! I only have the name on Everlasting, so check the other servers. (And also, "Cowhide" was an available option on Ev -- I erred on the side of splitting the words to really bludgeon home the terribleness of the wordplay.)

• Like 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

Thanks, that's high praise! I only have the name on Everlasting, so check the other servers. (And also, "Cowhide" was an available option on Ev -- I erred on the side of splitting the words to really bludgeon home the terribleness of the wordplay.)

I pretty much only play on Everlasting, but thank you. 🙂 I love terrible and cheesy puns of all types, so I'm sure you'll see Mad Cow Disease and Bull Pucky around as my terribly-named bovine contributions. 😛 

• Thumbs Up 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

3 hours ago, Cutter said:

I'm thinking there should be a Brute, maybe Savage Melee, who's backstory includes that he (or she) was once a medical doctor and scientist attempting to find a cure for Mad Cow Disease, who tested his/her/their cure on themselves, only to split into two personalities, the "evil" version finally taking over completely.

Cow Hyde...

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

My favorites from back in the day:

Hell Toupé - demon accountant with a combover 

Nor’easter Bunny - Playboy bunny with storm powers

Kung-Pow Chicken - MA chicken scrapper

Monkey Wench - all that and a bag full of chimps 

KittyKittyBangBang - dual pistols cat girl

Cuke Nukem - guy who got radiation powers from an irradiated salad

Ditzkrieg - https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Ditzkrieg-screenshot-55148284

Battlesnake 

Blastronaut - https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Blastronaut-bio-343590977

Slaughtermouse - https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Slaughtermouse-screenie-55147734

See them and others here: https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Alt-Alphabet-114482941

I really should put all my old toons on DA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Trike said:

My favorites from back in the day:

Hell Toupé - demon accountant with a combover 

Nor’easter Bunny - Playboy bunny with storm powers

Kung-Pow Chicken - MA chicken scrapper

Monkey Wench - all that and a bag full of chimps 

KittyKittyBangBang - dual pistols cat girl

Cuke Nukem - guy who got radiation powers from an irradiated salad

Ditzkrieg - https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Ditzkrieg-screenshot-55148284

Battlesnake 

Blastronaut - https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Blastronaut-bio-343590977

Slaughtermouse - https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Slaughtermouse-screenie-55147734

See them and others here: https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Alt-Alphabet-114482941

I really should put all my old toons on DA.

These are outstanding.

• Like 1

@Cutter

2 hours ago, momentarygrace said:

I'm thinking there should be a Brute, maybe Savage Melee, who's backstory includes that he (or she) was once a medical doctor and scientist attempting to find a cure for Mad Cow Disease, who tested his/her/their cure on themselves, only to split into two personalities, the "evil" version finally taking over completely.

Cow Hyde...

image.thumb.png.ccf784abc94b87faf3ed21c9cc6ba885.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Cutter

Since Fine Print was taken, Small Print is now a thing.

4'8" ninja stalker, in white with black trim. "The Large Print Giveth... and the Small Print Taketh Away!"  

Always fun when I get to create a character around a Tom Waits quote.

• Like 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

• 1 month later

I've a minor ice/fire blaster named FreezOr Burn

I've mentioned these others elsewhere in the forums, but I've added Styxian Stone, a seismic blast/dark miasma corruptor, Conflygration, a fire/fire sentinel, and The Walking Red, a Beam Rifle/Energy Aura sentinel.

image.thumb.png.660d00d4b1be8e57b162474bd64ffb1f.png

Edited by Techwright
reduce number of pictures
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Rolled up an Energy Melee/Regen scrapper in a Leprechaun theme.

Her name? 

Beginners Luck

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Hmm. What's the last one I mentioned...

Rock Yew has been remade as an Archery/Stone sentinel.

Fig Neutron, plant/rad controller.

Psound of Psylence, more for playing with the spelling. Psy/Sonic Corr.

Treble Threat when Sonic came out - symphony/sonic dom.

Gewehrwulf - Assault rifle toting werewolf.

Had i mentioned Patty Melt, the fire/fire sent? Or Holy Schist, seismic/earth blaster?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Recently created a stone/stone stalker called The Sneaky Stoner...  she's dressed like a cross between Jason Mewes' Jay and Kevin Smith's Silent Bob, and her power effects have a greenish lava look to the effects.  And she's constantly smokin' a blunt.

1I3mAvI.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's a few of mine. I tend to push the puns and plays on words into the bio (where I assume hardly anyone will see them)

Gratuitous Windup-Kinetic Melee/Regen Scrapper. If you've seen KM, you'll get it. My greatest wish for him is to have his T9 attack land on something that isn't already dead.

Charging Cattle-Electric/Shield Scrapper

DJ7fOIP.png

Midnight Fister-Street Justice/Energy Aura 

mQATzzq.png

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Random Axis said:

Here's a few of mine. I tend to push the puns and plays on words into the bio (where I assume hardly anyone will see them)

Midnight Fister-Street Justice/Energy Aura 

mQATzzq.png

I should probably just shut the hell up about this one...

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

4 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

I should probably just shut the hell up about this one...

Somehow my eyes skipped from Fister right to "Beat them all off" and I was just dead. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Greycat said:

Hmm. What's the last one I mentioned...

Rock Yew has been remade as an Archery/Stone sentinel.

Fig Neutron, plant/rad controller.

Psound of Psylence, more for playing with the spelling. Psy/Sonic Corr.

Treble Threat when Sonic came out - symphony/sonic dom.

Gewehrwulf - Assault rifle toting werewolf.

Had i mentioned Patty Melt, the fire/fire sent? Or Holy Schist, seismic/earth blaster?

All of them are great, but that Gewehrwulf really takes the cake!

Horse Apples - Earth/Poison Controller (see costumes thread for her look/story)

One in a Melon - Beast/Rad MM (all pets named after various types of melons)

Heavens Ta Betsy - Minotaur Crab Spider

Miss Impchievous - Play on the word mischievous

Hygh Drangea - Play on the flower hydrangea

Lich Freeze - Play on the phrase Bitch Please

Violent Beauregard - First thing in game someone sent me a tell mistaking my vamp girl for the character her name is a pun of. 😜

Blaze of Flory - Play on the phrase Blaze of Glory; she's a fire/nature controller (flory being flora aka plants/nature)

Mad Cow Disease

Punky Brewer

Rattigal - play on the villain's name from The Great Mouse Detective - Rattigan

Elfvira

Forest Tree - entire character is a sort of satire of the "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?" saying (I'm too tired to remember what the proper name for that sort of thing is called)

I have some others that are kind of funny, at least to me, but they're not technically puns, lol

• Haha 1

Didn't realize how many I had, but I think these all fit the criteria. Most probably have backstories, but not all, some were just names I thought of and decided I had to make right then and there. All of these are currently on Excelsior.

Dr. Wholittle - Beast/Time Mastermind(he's a tiny time-travelling Veterinarian who talks to animals)

Early Bird - AR/Traps Corruptor(Out for revenge, he's going to catch that Worm!)

Hare Stylist - Katana/SR Scrapper(Defeats villains by giving them a new look and more confidence)

Missing Lincoln - Mace/Ice Brute(devolved by Nemesis, ran amok and accidentally activated a time machine sending him back in time)

Herb Superb - Plant/Dark Controller(Behold the power of... dude... what were we talking about?)

Astrogator - Invulnerable/Energy Melee Tanker(space alligator, forward scout for Battalion)

First National Tank - Invulnerable/SS Tanker(Patriotic tribute to whoever originally came up with the name back on Live)

Top Copper - Electric/Shield Scrapper(Praetorian Loyalist)

Hannah Banana Katana - Katana/Bio Scrapper(Leader of Bananas with Katanas SG)

Electric Booger Lou - Mace/Electric Scrapper(Brother of Carl Brutananadelewski)

Queen of Uranus - Thermal/Dark Defender(Heavy is the head which wears the Crown of Uranus...)

Mane Culprit - Mind/Energy Dominatior(think Lion in a tuxedo)

Kim Cardassian - Thugs/Poison Mastermind

Me So Hornet - Plant/Savage Dominator

Prince of Whales - Mercenary/Thermal Mastermind

6 Hundred Dollar Man - Mace/Willpower Scrapper(Steve Austin's less successful brother)

Shiver Quiver - Ice/TA Corruptor

Cray Crey - EM/Radiation Armor Scrapper

Cuckoo Clockwork - Electric/MM Blaster

Thing Doer - TW/Willpower Scrapper(Doer of things)

Nekoyasha - Claws/SR Scrapper(anime inspired)

Duke of Hurl - SS/Invulnerable Brute

General Eclectic - Mercenary/Storm Mastermind

Fairy Home Companion - Plant/Fire Dominator(accidental Magic origin clockwork from Praetoria)

Arachnose - Bane Soldier(rumored son of Lord Recluse, born with comically long nose)

Sir Tenly-Knot - Plant/TA Controller(Is he Robin Hood? No! he's Sir Tenly-Knot!)

Neato Torpedo - FF/Ice Defender

Charmonica  - Symphony/Fire Dominator

Ragnarok and Roll - Fire/Sonic Dominator

Hamster of Puppets - Ninja/FF Mastermind

Devil's Avocado - SJ/Fire Brute(Unholy guacamole)

Pasture Bedtime - Shield/Dark Tanker(Moo)

Elrond Half-Nelson - SJ/Willpower Scrapper(crazy Elf who runs around bullying people by putting them in half-nelsons and making them say "Uncle")

Scentinel - BR/Bio Sentinel(costume looks like a skunk)

Berjerk - TW/Willpower Brute

Zlon Husk - Necromancy/Electric Mastermind

Cheeter - Savage/SR Scrapper(dressed like a cheetah)

Pizza Cake - Fire/Ice Dominator(the unholy union of pizza and cake!)

Bee G - Thugs/Nature Mastermind(Better have my honey...)

Opie Wants Cannoli - Ninja/Willpower Stalker(not a Jedi, I swear...)

Edited by Mopery
Out here on the immaculate, there are no stars. Out here we is stoned, perimeter.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

What, me worry?