Sally Problem.

stinks a little but hey, twice, very likely someone else was there to get the badge for killing her twice. 

unfortunate if they would not join your team, but they weren't reading chat, and just listening to music as the tooled around, it can happen.

Almost certainly no malice, just obliviousness and/or legitmate competition for the spawn if maybe they ALSO had a team looking for Sally.

Those are the breaks for any non-instanced world-spawn kind of mob, though. 

My advice: If you are actively looking to get the 2xDefeat Sally badge, make a point to regularly pop into Croatoa to look for her. Personally, I don't find the every 45 minute respawn rate to be unreasonable.

Since this is the suggestions forum and not the advice forum: If her respawning was tied to a specific number of enemy defeats... she could end up as frustrating to spawn as some of the red-side creatures.

9 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

And in case anyone doesn't already know defeating Sally is as tough as hitting her with a Tranq Dart or a stiff breeze ... 

That. And she doesn't can't fight back.

Which has lead to countless jokes (back on Live at least) accusing players of being Sally-bullies, and RP-esque filing animal abuse claims, endangered species (she was the ONLY one left of her kind!), contacting P.E.T.A., etc..

Any other Giant Monsters as passive & aloof as Sally?

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

Which has lead to countless jokes (back on Live at least) accusing players of being Sally-bullies, and RP-esque filing animal abuse claims, endangered species (she was the ONLY one left of her kind!), contacting P.E.T.A., etc..

New badge suggestion:  Cryptid Murderer      😛

One trick I find that makes locating Sally easier is to set the reticle option for 'Show Villain Name' to 'Show Always'. Reticle options are typically set in Options > Window > Reticle section, but setting 'Show Villain Name' to 'Show Always' can't be done via the menu. It has to be done using the following chat command (see Shenanigunner's excellent CoX Tech Guide, starting at p31, for more details) :

/option_set ShowVillainName 1

This will let you spot Sally from about 625 yards away. It's not uncommon for me to pop out of the train station or base portal and see her from there. I think the higher the villian 'rank', the farther their name will appear, so it makes spotting GM's and the like a bit easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

One trick I find that makes locating Sally easier is to set the reticle option for 'Show Villain Name' to 'Show Always'. Reticle options are typically set in Options > Window > Reticle section, but setting 'Show Villain Name' to 'Show Always' can't be done via the menu. It has to be done using the following chat command (see Shenanigunner's excellent CoX Tech Guide, starting at p31, for more details) :

/option_set ShowVillainName 1

This will let you spot Sally from about 625 yards away. It's not uncommon for me to pop out of the train station or base portal and see her from there. I think the higher the villian 'rank', the farther their name will appear, so it makes spotting GM's and the like a bit easier.

Ok, ty for help.

19 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

And in case anyone doesn't already know defeating Sally is as tough as hitting her with a Tranq Dart or a stiff breeze ... 

Not gonna lie, I keep hoping some April Fools day or other they'll turn Sally into a Apocolyptic Monster that requires 50+ T4 incarnates to defeat. 

Or have it so regular Sally still dies that fast, but as soon as she's killed an Elder Lovecraftian Horror spawns where she died. 

And do it without telling anyone. 

So the first person is like "oh hay, it's Sally, quick kill.... " *tosses firebolt*    ROOOAAAARRRR    "What? I can't.... I don't even"  *dies*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MTeague said:

Or have it so regular Sally still dies that fast, but as soon as she's killed an Elder Lovecraftian Horror spawns where she died. 

So the first person is like "oh hay, it's Sally, quick kill.... " *tosses firebolt*    ROOOAAAARRRR    "What? I can't.... I don't even"  *dies*

That would make for a hell of an April Fool's surprise.

7 hours ago, MTeague said:

Not gonna lie, I keep hoping some April Fools day or other they'll turn Sally into a Apocolyptic Monster that requires 50+ T4 incarnates to defeat. 

Okay this would be totally awesome, particularly spawning some nightmarish version of Sally.  

• Like 1

If I could change how sally works I’d make her immune to damage or something. To get the badge, you’d need to pick up a “camera” temp power and use it to snap a picture of her. We have the emote that could be used for the power animation.

that said I have a bigger idea that’s a bit more elaborate but I figure this is a hood start.

• Like 1