Homecoming Code of Conduct Update - May 13th, 2021

Jimmy

• City Council
2 minutes ago, Flintlock Burnfur said:

OMG!  OMG, does that mean we could start a channel of deep dive lore into CoX the likes of FudgeMuppet with the Elder Scrolls or Epic Nate with Skyrim and Fallout?

This sounds awesome actually!

• Thanks 2

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

13 minutes ago, HixxyDubz said:

"Do not upload any footage which may portray the IP or Homecoming in a negative light"

So criticism is not welcome?

Criticism is not super effective when directed to the internet at large as opposed to the entity you take issue with. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Perhaps a new forum where people can share their YouTubes/Twitches/Mixers/whatever videos and streams would be advisable.

We have the Art & Multimedia forums...  Which badly needs a description added.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/62-art-amp-multimedia/

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

6 minutes ago, Wapsitax said:

Constructive criticism isn't portraying anything negative. Just stay away from behaviors that are generally unacceptable and from spreading unfounded rumors or the like. 

I see, though it would be nice if a GM confirms this though so we have it in writing, something that came up on their code of conduct too:

This Doesn't even makes sense "As we requested a few months back, we would prefer if streams and videos of gameplay on Homecoming were not broadcast or uploaded whilst we are still working on legitimizing the server." "This rule will only remain in place whilst these efforts are still ongoing - we will be lifting this restriction once this process has reached its conclusion." 

Would like to know if this server is fully legitimized and if  not, why the sudden change in policy.

• Like 3

I'm currently mobile. So I have to use discord to communicate. Or it's easier than a forum anyway.

I had a question about this and the team was nice enough to respond.

I think these pictures are worth sharing just incase anyone has the same questions  

Thanks

Screenshot_20210513-123734_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20210513-124113_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20210513-123803_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20210513-124543_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Avoca
  • Like 1

Torchbearer level 50s: Kyle (Beast/Emp MM), Jet Engine (Rad/Rad Tank), Joint (Fire/Fire Blaster), Defensive (Force Field/Psionic Defender), Heel (Thug/Warmth MM), Terence Mckenna(Dark/Nature Controller), A Real Bird (Sonic/Sonic Corr), Too Much Perfume (Merc/Rad MM)

So....a question about this, and I'm sure it's been asked.  Does this mean we can stream this on Twitch, or post videos on Youtube and similar platforms?  Cuz I would definitely watch streams of City of Heroes and videos of CoH.

Asking so it's clear.

• City Council
2 minutes ago, MetalSiryn said:

So....a question about this, and I'm sure it's been asked.  Does this mean we can stream this on Twitch, or post videos on Youtube and similar platforms?  Cuz I would definitely watch streams of City of Heroes and videos of CoH.

Asking so it's clear.

That is correct as long as the content / platform abides by the Code of Conduct (and the video policy therein).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Back on live, there were several people creating incredible videos from editing replay files, creating a movie that was in universe but not in game. Is that also now allowed?

for example, this 

Edited by GadgetDon
  • Like 1

• City Council
Just now, GadgetDon said:

Back on live, there were several people creating incredible videos from editing replay files, creating a movie that was in universe but not in game. Is that also now allowed?

This should be just fine as long as the content abides by the Code of Conduct and video policy therein!

• Thanks 1

Cipher

City Council

• City Council
5 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Great work on the video @GM Tempest!

Might I recommend the video be embedded in the text proportionally so that when viewing from a mobile device it isn't like this?

20210513_135448.thumb.jpg.ddb9fe8e369d398c293fb9227ebfcf5e.jpg

Oops! Seems mobile was an oversight when we were pushing the change to the CoC page. We'll get this fixed up soon.

Thank you!

Edit: Fixed!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Cipher

City Council

No one is allowed to stream this game on Twitch until Homecoming gets the IP rights.

Here is the Twitch Terms of Service:

Intellectual Property Rights

You should only share content on your Twitch channel that you own, or that you otherwise have rights to or are authorized to share on Twitch. If you share content on your Twitch channel that you do not own or otherwise do not have the rights to share on Twitch, you may be infringing another person’s intellectual property rights. This includes any third party content included in your content, derivative creations, or performances of others’ copyrighted content. We encourage you to assess your content for adherence to applicable intellectual property laws and the proper application of principles such as fair use, and to secure all appropriate rights needed, before sharing your content on Twitch.

Any unauthorized content you share on Twitch may be subject to a takedown by the rights holder(s) to remove the infringing content from Twitch, and is a violation of our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Multiple violations of our policies may lead to a permanent suspension of your account.

Examples of content you should not share on Twitch without permission from the copyright owners or unless otherwise permitted by law include:

• Other Twitch creators’ content
  • Pirated games or content from unauthorized private servers
  • Content from other sites
  • Movies, television shows, or sports matches
  • Music you do not own or do not have the rights to share
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

2 minutes ago, JayboH said:

No one is allowed to stream this game on Twitch until Homecoming gets the IP rights.

Here is the Twitch Terms of Service:

Intellectual Property Rights

You should only share content on your Twitch channel that you own, or that you otherwise have rights to or are authorized to share on Twitch. If you share content on your Twitch channel that you do not own or otherwise do not have the rights to share on Twitch, you may be infringing another person’s intellectual property rights. This includes any third party content included in your content, derivative creations, or performances of others’ copyrighted content. We encourage you to assess your content for adherence to applicable intellectual property laws and the proper application of principles such as fair use, and to secure all appropriate rights needed, before sharing your content on Twitch.

Any unauthorized content you share on Twitch may be subject to a takedown by the rights holder(s) to remove the infringing content from Twitch, and is a violation of our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Multiple violations of our policies may lead to a permanent suspension of your account.

Examples of content you should not share on Twitch without permission from the copyright owners or unless otherwise permitted by law include:

• Other Twitch creators’ content
  • Pirated games or content from unauthorized private servers
  • Content from other sites
  • Movies, television shows, or sports matches
  • Music you do not own or do not have the rights to share

That hasn't stopped Lineage 2 private servers from streaming.
Oooor the other CoH servers.
The only time private server streams get shut down is when its WoW and thats because Blizzard is based in America as is Twitch.
Everquest private servers (EQEmu) get streamed all the time. 

Twitch is a joke of a website, so I wouldn't worry unless someone has a vendetta against HC.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

1 minute ago, Shadeknight said:

That hasn't stopped Lineage 2 private servers from streaming.
Oooor the other CoH servers.
The only time private server streams get shut down is when its WoW and thats because Blizzard is based in America as is Twitch.

Twitch is a joke of a website, so I wouldn't worry unless someone has a vendetta against HC.

I mean, everyone here is allowed to stream this game on Twitch, just like Twitch is allowed to ban their accounts.

Have you ever heard of anyone having a vendetta against HC?  ...like from people that play on the other servers perhaps?

• Like 1

I know of the vendetta people have against HC, but going off about 'not allowed' falls flat when nothing has been done to streams before. Only reason why HC streams stopped is because of the CoC. This is now removed.

Twitch just doesn't give a fuck, and NCsoft hasn't really given a fuck.

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

2 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

I know of the vendetta people have against HC, but going off about 'not allowed' falls flat when nothing has been done to streams before. Only reason why HC streams stopped is because of the CoC. This is now removed.

Twitch just doesn't give a fuck, and NCsoft hasn't really given a fuck.

Might be a good idea if you have to stream on Twitch and nowhere else to make an alt account (on Twitch) just in case, if you care about the possibility of losing your main account there. 

2 minutes ago, Giovanni Valia said:

but why the sudden change of position on streaming?

To those asking for the reason, read this:

And deduce why the stream policy was likely put into place and what it means that it's been updated in such a manner it has been.

Because of the main part of the message I linked they very likely can't just come out and say exactly why the policy change happened. That's how legal negotiations tend to work.

• Like 2

Great news.  This is huge.  I bet we get a ton of new players off this... both people coming back, and new interest from people who see the streams and videos.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow