Things you often say.....

Heraclea

Whenever I run the Manticore TF and we get to the timed mission, Security Chief Manning shouts out:

"You are banned from this facility!"

and, without fail, I always respond:

"Oh, darn guys. Guess we have to leave, he said we were banned. Good attempt, team!"

... then we promptly kick Manning's ass and continue. 😛

And, during the Imperious TF, one of the generals says: "The rumors are true, Imperious can no longer fight his own battles!" to which I respond along the lines of

"You're teaming up with evil space aliens and time-traveling neo-Nazis and you're calling us out for coming to help???"

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

upon any of a wide number of team face plants

"Welp just like i drew it up on the ole drawing board,"

*takes drawing board and throws out window*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

"Investigate Electrical Anomaly" by defeating all Freakshow or Clockwork.
"I have to say, we are investigating the [bleep] out of these guys."

"I like [X Task Force] better than Synapse."
"I like a sharp stick in the eye better than Synapse."

(Mission door is the exact same spot as it was before.)
"Well, ya can't beat the commute."

(Lord Recluse's 4th tower is defeated in the MLTF.)
"And now he's just a man in a fashionable spider ensemble."

(Speed MLTF has like 3 experts taking on Dr. Aeon by themselves and the rest of us are 2 floors below webbed by the mobs.)
"Uh, got ATT?"

• Like 3

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

On 5/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, GastlyGibus said:

And, during the Imperious TF, one of the generals says: "The rumors are true, Imperious can no longer fight his own battles!" to which I respond along the lines of

"You're teaming up with evil space aliens and time-traveling neo-Nazis and you're calling us out for coming to help???"

* Possessed by a dust bunny?  Your mother must be so proud.

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

20 hours ago, MTeague said:

So, you mean....

Exactly like that =^_^=

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Another fun one i like to use usually after face planting 

Ow My Spleen

my pride

but mostly my spleen

~Schmendrick

21 hours ago, MTeague said:

So, you mean....

This made my day!  I haven't seen this since I was a kid!  And I LOVED it then!  I used to quote it all the time waaaay back... lol   Watched it again just now and was laughing like a little kid again.  Some things are just good for the heart.  Thanks!  "Ho!  Aha!  Guard!  Turn!  Dodge!  Spin!  Parry!  Ah!  Thrust!"  lol  Who would have thought that cartoon would be such a perfect example of mmo attack chains?  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

3 hours ago, KauaiJim said:

This made my day!  I haven't seen this since I was a kid!  And I LOVED it then!  I used to quote it all the time waaaay back... lol   Watched it again just now and was laughing like a little kid again.  Some things are just good for the heart.  Thanks!  "Ho!  Aha!  Guard!  Turn!  Dodge!  Spin!  Parry!  Ah!  Thrust!"  lol  Who would have thought that cartoon would be such a perfect example of mmo attack chains?  🤣

I find it's an even better metaphor for programming and debugging. 

Particulary with Porky Pig reversing the spin and Daffy going *sploosh* at the end.

I promise you. EVERY programmer EVER has been there. Probably several times this week alone.

• Like 4

After a total team wipe and a good amount of time passes while we're still reassembling the team I'll inform everyone:

IT'S A TRAP!

Ackbar.jpg

• Like 1

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

22 hours ago, KauaiJim said:

*stick straw into spinning staff*

• Like 1

~Schmendrick

Looking through bookshelves in Oranbega.....

* Chicken Soup for the Demon Soul

* Tuesdays with Beelzebub

* How to Possess Friends and Influence People

* What Color Is Your Summoning Altar? 

* Necronomicon for Dummies

• Haha 4

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 5/15/2021 at 11:59 AM, Marshal_General said:

Sorry Frostfire! I came for the ice slides and stayed to kick your ass!

Lusca! I think I saw this Hentai.

I once said "Mount Lady (from MHA anime) would love you" at a Lusca fight. Half the team got the reference and I was proud. 🙂 

• Like 1

When fighting Headman Blasters, I can't resist:

spacer.png

"Hey, pal, does that get anything but the Ugly Channel?"

(And I'll keep doing it until someone laughs!)

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

These caves remind you how much longer than man the earth has been here.

* Oh, really?

Got to be the dumbest mission entry text in the game.  Reaching for that big deep statement, it falls on its behind.