90% sure I made this post before for trollers/doms

kelika2

On 5/16/2021 at 6:22 PM, Sovera said:

Heck, that's fine. You do you. As in, you slow or whatever and then deal with them as I move on to the next group. Wouldn't want to let those important slows and sleeps go to waste after all. The team would crumble with those important skills sitting unused on your bar!

Your AT isn't as important as you think. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrankyOldMage said:

What's the rush? You can't enjoy the game?

I think you are overestimating the actual time spent.

Your homework is to find out the time vs something and blahblahblah i got bored typing this post

5 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

This is a good point.  If you managed to get every controller and dom in the game to stop using their AoE holds/immobilizes at the start of a fight, then you'd be complaining about all the people using knockback attacks.  So, pick your poison and learn to live with it.

They already used to do that.  But the big bugaboo seems to have moved on from knockbacks now to aoe immobilizes.  Was kind of my point when I half joked they'd move on to slows as their next villain.  And then the person responded to me seriously about it basically saying those were worthless powers.   Yes, those slows like freezing rain and tar patch that actually significantly increase the kill speed of the entire team, those are worthless and slow down "da herding!" so should just "remain unused on my bar".  🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

They already used to do that.  But the big bugaboo seems to have moved on from knockbacks now to aoe immobilizes.  Was kind of my point when I half joked they'd move on to slows as their next villain.  And then the person responded to me seriously about it basically saying those were worthless powers.   Yes, those slows like freezing rain and tar patch that actually significantly increase the kill speed of the entire team, those are worthless and slow down "da herding!" so should just "remain unused on my bar".  🙄

You're mistaking the -30 or 35% resists for the slow. The slow is useless. The -35% is not. Those powers are used and welcome for the -res, not for the slow.

Your comment makes it seem like you believe it is the slow that is the useful component. A headscratcher but no worse than the rest. We already had knockback white knights, but now we also have mass immobilize protectors railing about the incompetent bad players who don't want to walk to the mobs they selflessly immobilized for us (to deal with).

4 hours ago, kelika2 said:

So slower killing is not a problem for you?

and besides, its pre-scourge corr damage (since the fight just started)

If AoE immobilizes are making your kill speed unacceptable, you have other problems besides AoE immobilizes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

You're mistaking the -30 or 35% resists for the slow. The slow is useless. The -35% is not. Those powers are used and welcome for the -res, not for the slow.

Your comment makes it seem like you believe it is the slow that is the useful component. A headscratcher but no worse than the rest. We already had knockback white knights, but now we also have mass immobilize protectors railing about the incompetent bad players who don't want to walk to the mobs they selflessly immobilized for us (to deal with).

My comment acknowledges the reality that the slow and the debuffs it carries are inseparable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Your homework is to find out the time vs something and blahblahblah i got bored typing this post

See, that's the problem today. People just don't have any patience or ability to focu-- Oooh! Squirrel!

22 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

See, that's the problem today. People just don't have any patience or ability to focu-- Oooh! Squirrel!

If I had a penny for every time someone used that old chestnut of a squirrel joke, I'd...oh look! A cardinal! 🐦

8 hours ago, kelika2 said:

No, it isn't. I don't team because I want to blitz through content. I can do that solo just fine. Teams are for the socialization and watching all the powers explode. If all you want to do is burn down everything as fast as you can, then play solo. Bonus: you won't have teammates to make inane complaints about.

• Like 2

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

4 hours ago, arcane said:

If AoE immobilizes being cast at the exact moment combat starts before giving it 2-4 seconds for enemies to group up are making your kill speed unacceptable, you have premature controllification problems

I know thats why I started this thread.  Asking a group of faceless anonymous people to calm down and give AoE roots a second or three has been a challenge.

On 5/17/2021 at 3:17 AM, Carnifax said:

Thing is if an AOE Immob has hit them then technically they are AOE Grouped.

Not by a flytrap.  Their range isn't as long as the plant troll, nor do their immobs hold as many baddies (and only minions if memory serves).  Further, their indiscriminate immob flinging can really be useful because I tend to stay back with other range ATs (blasters, defenders, etc.), so if he (my flytrap is always a "he" in my head for some reason even though my toons are female, go figure) runs back to toss out immobs, it's all good.  Immob of rando minions that break for the squishies = yay!  Of course, that doesn't always happen since he has a mind of his own and just scurries forward on his cute little roots to do whatever he wants.  :P

6 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

I know thats why I started this thread.  Asking a group of faceless anonymous people to calm down and give AoE roots a second or three has been a challenge.

I guess that's where different experiences come in.  The very rare times it has ever been brought up in the groups I've played in (usually PuG's of random levels running normal missions, radios, or Task Force), it has never really been an issue.  I can only remember a handful of times at most where anyone even brought it up.  But the few times it was, as long as it was asked politely, people tend to go along with whatever.  If they really hate it they drop group after a mission or two.

On most task forces honestly it is even less an issue as those are typically sped and ghosted so much and are done at lower difficulties just to speed even faster, mobs just melt in seconds no matter what anyone does.  Most of the time people split up and attack different groups on missions that can't be ghosted so you can head the opposite way from the controllers if you want.  ITF is probably the only one that I see people generally running at max difficulty and sometimes trying to do kill alls on.  And my experience with ITF is controls don't even work that well on it as most of the mobs have mez protection.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Is this really a problem, though?  Why would a troll rush into the alpha and toss an IMMOB?  Now, I can see rushing in with vines, and following up with Creepers, but all the immob does is anger the baddies who immediately drop the troll in his or her tracks.  Do a significant number of trollers even DO that?  Much less consistently?  Or did it happen like once to you on a team and you thought it would make a fun forum topic?  (which it has!)

Just asking because except on all squishie teams, most teams I am on that have trollers don't have this problem (and on all squishie teams, we don't lead with our weakest powers, anyway).   Or if someone does drop an early immob and the tanker, brute, WS says to not do that again, the response is typically "oops, kk."

I wonder, too, how much this is tied to the changes to the game whereby tankers don't really seem to tank as much as they used to on live (i.e. round up mobs and hold aggro).  I actually prefer that style of team, myself, and I run blasters and support almost exclusively.  But so many teams now don't even have a tank or a brute or a WS who is capable of--or competent at--old-school tanking, so an MM does it, or a corr, or a dom, or a scrapper (some of whom are freaking brick houses in their own right), or the troll has to lock down the mobs wherever they be while blasters, et al. clean 'em up.  

Also, if you are team lead, and a troll refuses to comply with your request, just kick that person.  Problem solved.

Edited by Tahliah
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

then why not solo

This is the advice you've been given. Don't try to turn it around and use it as a defense against people telling you that your panties are in a wad for no reason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

9 hours ago, kelika2 said:

and besides, its pre-scourge corr damage (since the fight just started)

How much slower are we talking here?  Seconds, right?  Yeah, probably not a problem on teams that are rolling over mobs like butter (as is so often the case).  That you aren't doing the most damage you possibly can is not really the team's problem. 

I don't shriek at teams that completely demolish an entire +4/+8 mob in the time it takes me to hit aim + build up, I just get that the team is rolling fast and that I don't need those to help with team dps.  So I adapt.  Adapting to teams is a good thing, and much more productive than waiting for teams to adapt to your preferred playstyle.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 12:22 PM, Greycat said:

And as for using it in a brawl? I'll use it if I see something armoring up, putting a PBAOE -tohit or dispersion bubble up. Shuts it right off, even if they're only "slept" for a tenth of a second. Cuts right through in most cases.

/this

I intentionally target Fake Nems, Carnie Mistresses, and PPs just to stop them armoring up.  One of my favorite things to do (this is on my blaster, but also will do this on my planters) is to freeze/strangle them and then kill them before they can do a thing.  Good times.

8 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

How much slower are we talking here?  Seconds, right?

I was able to get fireball off twice or more a fight for synapes.

so while "seconds", there are a lot of them, over 2 hours and 11 minutes

4 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

I was able to get fireball off twice or more a fight for synapes.

so while "seconds", there are a lot of them, over 2 hours and 11 minutes

Wait!  You are griping about trolls using immob on SYNAPSE?  That's a lvl 15+ tf; it's not rocket science.  Level 15s don't have a lot of options, including usable tankage (in whatever form it comes) because the tanky types are capped at , what?, level 19 or 20?  AND so typically don't have their "best" powers yet (and/or the end to use them effectively)  AND are unlikely to be fully slotted even with DOs, let alone IOs or sets, etc.  They're typically leveling and not even training up, let alone wasting time with enhancements.  I'd rather lose your two seconds of your lvl 20 fire ball than have everyone tottering off to train and get enhancements after every mish. 

Geez, I didn't know you were complaining about lowbie teams with limited powers just trying to slog through a Syanpse for a badge, xp, and some merits.   That kind of makes me wish I hadn't even commented on this thread.  At all.  On Synapse!  /smh

• Like 7

Wacky how the fun police exclusively play one AT....

On topic, my controllers can happily solo triple spawns at x8, feel free to move ahead. It's faster, and I'll not be waiting for the opportunity to maximize your ego.... er I mean awesome tanker whirling hands damage.

• Like 1