Ice/ice, ice/ice or ice/ice?

I’m curious what Ice/ice AT is the best, or most fun. I like to play solo and team. Basically an all content toon. I played a ice/ice tank to 50. I loved how easy it was to hold aggro but hated how many times I face planted. I hear ice/ice corruptors are pretty solid. I wish ice control was better. But maybe it’s playable as a dom? 

If you were dying a lot on an ice tanker you're doing something wrong, like trying to fire farm.

As for which combo is best, it really depends on how you want to play, because each combo is going to play very differently.

As for ice control being bad, it's not, it's just weak on damage, so maybe a dominator would do better than a controller for some play styles

What this team needs is more Defenders

44 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

If you were dying a lot on an ice tanker you're doing something wrong, like trying to fire farm.

As for which combo is best, it really depends on how you want to play, because each combo is going to play very differently.

As for ice control being bad, it's not, it's just weak on damage, so maybe a dominator would do better than a controller for some play styles

I definitely didn’t have my ice tank IO’d out. I should put more influence into him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Garymathers said:

I’m curious what Ice/ice AT is the best, or most fun.

100% subjective. I'd say play them all.  You have 1000 slots per server after all. :) (Try an ice/ice Sentinel. It *will* eat END early-ish on, but does well later.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I know you asked about ice/ice but I've been having a lot of fun with an Ice/Shield Stalker.  If you're willing to branch out a little, any of the melee types can do this.  Thematically, with the elemental->ice shield costume choice, the character still seems to be all about ice and not mixing in any other superpower.  Looks very good with ice sword drawn and matching ice shield out.

12 hours ago, TheZag said:

Let me just toss ice/storm corruptor out there too.  The extra rain with knockdown keeps the enemies in the aoe killzone.  I took fold space too and its great.

I duoed an Ice/Cold corr to 50 with a Fire/Fire brute, and can confirm its awesomeness.   Very useful shields at low/mid game, solid end-game-relevant debuffs, makes good use of Scourge, extra fantastic once IO'd out with a bunch of +rech.  Even Frostwork has its useful moments.

Edited by Grouchybeast

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Ice/ice blast is super fun. I think it's the best in game - but the numbers say I'm wrong. But, anecdotally, it edges out my fire blaster. The thing is - it all depends on how you slot the characters. One character might be fantastic with one build, but sheer trash with another. 

But overall, I think ice/ice blast is a great way to learn to blast. You have a nice hold, that's super fast, to help mitigate incoming npcs, and an ice patch for the ones you can't get to. Proc 'em out, and they can really shine. But, all depends on playstyle, and how you build 'em.