One of every AT up to 50

Yes, I know there are probably quite a few others out there who have at least one of every AT up to level 50. But this is something I never managed to achieve on live, and decided I wanted to do when HC became available. So I just wanted to give thanks to the devs (of course). Thanks to those on Indomitable who teamed with me and helped me with all that leveling. And also thanks to the AT forums who helped out with build advice -- even when I didn't take it 🙂

Anyway, for the curious, in approximate order of hitting 50...

• Rhetorical, Tri-Form Peacebringer
  • Grav Cannon, Beam/Traps Corruptor
  • Fate Skewer, Fortunata
  • Solutionater, Fire/Mental Blaster
  • Snicket, Broad Sword/Shield Stalker
  • Plutonic, Gravity/Cold Controller
  • Runic Avenger, Beast/Nature Mastermind
  • Leviathan Jr, Water/Bio Sentinel
  • Rococo Coconut Crab, Crab Spider
  • Urban Tiger, Savage/Invulnerability Brute
  • Heka Meka Deka, Bio/Rad Tanker
  • Shoebox, MA/Invulnerability Scrapper
  • Combat Ontologist, Time/DP Defender
  • Tenebrous Deep, Mind/Earth Dominator
  • Stygian Green, Human-Only Warshade

Top ATs I had the most fun on? PB, Corruptor, Blaster, Sentinel, and Scrapper.

Feel free to chime in if you have one of each AT up to 50, have some other fun self-challenge you've set yourself (whether you've achieved it or not), or have grouped with me in the past and just want to complain about my terrible sense of humor 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 5

Great job, I hope you had a lot of fun in your quest to catch them all!

I've been working on the same thing with some minor (major) caveats.  I'm trying to get one character of each AT to 50 yes, but I've already done that (maybe several times over), but this go around I'm trying to do each AT to 50, and have each character be one that I really like which means a costume I like (gosh, how many characters can I make a costume for that includes the color black?), a name I like, a bio I like, and powersets that are really really fun to play and hold my attention. I'm having a lot of trouble with Brutes, Controllers and Dominators right now, every one that I make has powers that feel... less than great, not bad but not anything that makes me want to log in and play the weekly TF's or do story arcs, or alternately they have concepts that just aren't working for me.

I think the Dom/Controller thing is my aversion to concepts with plants and nature or stormy stuff, as those sets have powers that fit my interest but concepts that I go blank on when I'm trying to make a character I like for them. Brutes just feel like they're in a bad place for my needs, Scrappers or Stalkers do better damage and survive pretty well, tankers do better aoe and tank better, eh, every brute I roll just feels weak compared to the other AT's and I lose interest.

Congratulations on the accomplishment! I have several long-term projects:

There's the 1 lvl 50 of each Tank Primary:

tank.thumb.JPG.f36d38f93a4799321a63be2e4dcf8123.JPG

There's the 1 lvl 50 of each AT that has a Radiation Powerset choice (the character/costume remain the same... each time he hits level 50 he finds himself immediately reset to lvl 1 with rad powers manifesting differently, and different starting zone depending on choices made in prior run)

rad.thumb.JPG.35eb65221e359fa4da77822b21dc6240.JPG

Then, my personal favorite, 1 lvl 50 of each AT, but NEMESIS

Nemesis.thumb.JPG.26a5194b11945035ae57f191c4e6ed47.JPG

• Like 1

Congrats. Little challenges like this are always fun. I did one of each AT to 50 on live, an done of each control set... if it had kept going, I'm sure I'd have more "one of..." sets.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Congrats. Little challenges like this are always fun. I did one of each AT to 50 on live, an done of each control set... if it had kept going, I'm sure I'd have more "one of..." sets.

Oh yeah, sets. I guess I’m done with playing all blasts and armor sets once through or more. Still no Earth Control or Force Field played on HC. And then a handful remains for the other set types ofc.

Grats on the accomplishment!! I always end up in the snare of “This AT is too much fun with IOs” which leads me to making multiple of that AT. Also, I think I got tired of HEATs after my WS, so PB will probably never happen. I need to make a Fort though, just after this Ice/EnA stalker hits 50. Then I’ll have (mostly) every AT to 50(no sents until they get a buff. I can’t justify it as is for a 500mil+ build)

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

For those who are having troubles, I’ll point out a few things to keep in mind. 

This all happened over 2yrs. I took quite a few breaks. For fun. To not burn out. It’s not a competition. So if you’re not diggin’ it at the moment, do something else for a bit. 

If an AT’s performance isn’t good enough, ask for build advice and respec. I think I’d done 4 respects on my sentinel before level 30 before I was happy with him. 

If that doesn’t work, try different sets. I got 2 different mind/savage doms, 1 dark/savage dom, and a fire/earth dom into the 20-35 range before I clicked with mind/earth. 

Anyway, cheers to all you working on it, and to those who already beat me to it. Have fun out there!

My current roster in a table below

I do seem to get my melee and blasters up to 50 very quickly.  My PB & WS are taking forever, but they're both at 45, so soonish...

(So, got them to 50 yesterday, but they seriously need to be tuned, so will be working on their builds over the next week or so)

Three of my stalkers are doing projects, hence they're not at 50.  I'll be revisiting Sentinels since I do like them, and now that I've tried each primary & secondary, I might make another with different combo.

I think I need to have another category for "finished" where the character is kitted out with sets.  (Right now, off the top of my head, one blaster, two brutes, a scrapper (my main), and three tanks)

# @50
Blaster 12 12
Brute 12 11
Controller 7 6
Corruptor 6 4
Defender 1 1
Dominator 2 2
Mastermind 3 3
Peacebringer 1 1
Scrapper 6 6
Sentinel 12 12
Soldier 1 1
Stalker 5 2
Tanker 12 11
Warshade 1 1
Widow 1 1

Edited by lemming
Got my PB & WS up to 50. Also the column headings were wrong. ;)

Thanks. Some friends were asking me what’s next. I think, maybe playing those 50s now for a bit. 

Warshades are more of a rollercoaster ride than most ATs. They have a bunch of self cuffs that scale with the number of enemies hit. So it really rewards jumping into a pile of enemies and hitting the self buffs. Of course, often you just die to the alpha strike. In a way, a lot like playing /Regen, in my opinion. 

Sometimes that’s what I’m in the mood for. Other times… not so much.

17 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

Thanks. Some friends were asking me what’s next. I think, maybe playing those 50s now for a bit. 

You can try but altoholicism ought to have you jonesing within 7 days tops 🙂

Cool.  Back on live I took every AT to 50, as well as every tank armor set to 50.

On Homecoming I'm just recreating a few of my favorites and taking the new stuff to 50, like radiation armor and bio armor.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, arcane said:

You can try but altoholicism ought to have you jonesing within 7 days tops 🙂

I've gone nine days since my last alt...  And I had a break of 42 days once.  Been trying to get all my past alts configured which is filling in some of the need for alting, but occasional jonesing is happening...