Whip as a Weapon Set

Whip is intriguing because two of the three attacks that exist are either very short-range ranged attacks, or extremely long-range melee attacks.

I would love to have this set as a semi-long range scraptroller type set. However, I think it would be easier to port it as a portion of a Carnage Assault set for Dominator. That way they would have the three Whip animations, replace the KD on lash with an immobilize, replace the KD on Crack Whip with a stun, and then fill the rest with throwing knives, repurposed sword animations with knives, and possibly a grenade or sniper rifle to round it out...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Whip is intriguing because two of the three attacks that exist are either very short-range ranged attacks, or extremely long-range melee attacks.

I would love to have this set as a semi-long range scraptroller type set. However, I think it would be easier to port it as a portion of a Carnage Assault set for Dominator. That way they would have the three Whip animations, replace the KD on lash with an immobilize, replace the KD on Crack Whip with a stun, and then fill the rest with throwing knives, repurposed sword animations with knives, and possibly a grenade or sniper rifle to round it out...

Just as a note, the Assault sets for Dominators don't necessarily need control effects like Stuns and Immobilizes. Leaving the Knockdowns and -Resist debuffs in the attacks would work fine, since this would be for a Dominator secondary powerset, not for a primary Control set.

Heh, was thinking it was more thematic for Doms TBH :p

*Triple blink*

This solves all the animation issues.

We could just have a "Hellfire Assault" that includes all the whip attacks and a simple color-tweaked fire sword, for example (fun fact: Dominator Fire sets do not give them any sort of fire swords, so this would supply them that as well).

Pretty sure you could get to 9 pretty quick like that.

Oh I would kill for a whip melee power for scrappers!!!!!

This would probably be the best route to take.  Maybe interplay the whip attacks with savage melee. and/or some of the beast mastery MM powers - like you do a generic whip gesture and a lion pounces the target for a quick attack, (then it runs off).

Just as a note, the Assault sets for Dominators don't necessarily need control effects like Stuns and Immobilizes. Leaving the Knockdowns and -Resist debuffs in the attacks would work fine, since this would be for a Dominator secondary powerset, not for a primary Control set.

I understand this, I was just saying that those effects would make more sense than KD, and I used it as an excuse to offer the change. I also support the alternative Hellfire Assault idea.

Oh I would kill for a whip melee power for scrappers!!!!!

Inb4 people ask for Whip Doms to step on them.

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

Zepp, Awesome work on the Whip Powerset you did here

Thanks for the shout-out!

• 4 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Hellfire Assault [whip as the signature weapon of the set. no fire and no swords. all used from existing hellfire animations for demon pets powers.

Hellfire Assault:
-Corruption Ranged -- Minor DMG(Fire), Foe DoT(Toxic), -Res
-Lash Close -- High DMG(Fire), Foe -Res, Knockdown, Minor DoT(Toxic)
-Crack Whip -- Short Ranged (Cone), High DMG(Fire), Foe -Res, Knockdown, DoT(Toxic)
-Hellfire Aura -- Toggle PBAoE Minor Toxic Damage [demon hellfire aura fx]
-Build Up -- Self +DMG, +To-Hit
-Abyssal Strike -- Melee, High DMG(Fire), DoT(Toxic), Foe -DEF(All) [hellfire smash meelee animation with hellfire fx]
-Bind and Seal -- Ranged, Moderate DMG(Fire), DoT(Toxic), Foe Immobilize, -DEF(All), -SPD, -Jump, -Fly ***[using hell on earth whip animation]
-Living Hellfire -- PBAoE, Minor Damage, Summon Living Hellfire [4 temp pets simultaneous summon instead of over time]
-Hellfire Eruption -- PBAoE, High DMG(Fire), DoT(Toxic), Foe -DEF(All) [skinned from hellfire burst]

This set  I think is on Test Server. Pretty sure I seen some videos on the forums about it.

Or was that another game server and the user was posting here?

4 hours ago, plainguy said:

This set  I think is on Test Server. Pretty sure I seen some videos on the forums about it.

Or was that another game server and the user was posting here?

that was another server and we dont want to be that server >_>; we want to be better. 😮

also, there are technically 4 whip power animations to use. so those 4 + one boost power + four other hellfire powers equals a full set. you can make it 5 whip animations if you double on Lash, using it as the original ranged attack, but also porting it for a meelee attack. then you only need 3 more hellfire powers. that can be pulled from the plethora of hellfire demon powers. 😛

Edited by daveyfiacre
correction

I have a write-up about this, Infernal Assault:

Name Animation Level  Description
Curse Corruption 1 Ranged (40'), Minor DMG (Fire), DoT (Toxic), -Res
Lash of Hellfire Lash 2 Melee (20'), High DMG (Fire), Foe -Res, Immobilize, Minor DoT(Toxic)
Charred Sky Rain of Fire 4 Ranged (40') (Location AoE), Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic)
Helltouched Scorch 10 Melee, Moderate DMG (Fire) Minor DoT (Toxic)  -Res
Hellfire's Wrath Envenomed Blades   16 Self +DoT (Fire/Toxic), +ToHit on all attacks
Fueling Flames Cauterizing Aura 20 Toggle: PBAoE, Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Self +HoT, +Rec
Brimstone Summon Demon Prince (sans Prince)  28 Ranged (40') (Location AoE), Moderate (Fire/Toxic), Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Foe -Res
Infernal Strike Crack Whip 35 Melee (20' Cone), High DMG (Fire), DoT (Toxic), Foe -Res, Stun
Summon Hellfire     Hell on Earth 38 Ranged (40') Hold, Location AoE Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Summon Living Hellfire (2s Mag 6 hold, unenhanceable)

This is a proposal that has had a lot of feedback and developed to the point that it should offer an engaging and unique assault set that is in-line with other assault sets while offering a different but balanced experience.

• Like 1