Things that make it hard to want to log in

mechahamham

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I mean, I get it. I made a character called Thong Kong. What's sillier than a gorilla in a thong? But I've since retired the character and don't subject people to a 4 hour run of a bad joke. 

So, you have moved onto a brief alt?

• Haha 4

I never understood the goal of coming to these forums (here or the OG) and just whining and moaning for the sake of searching for some smidge of validation OH WAIT THERE IT IS 

Just play the bloody game and have fun, or don't.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Aurora_Girl
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

28 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

I never understood the goal of coming to these forums (here or the OG) and just whining and moaning for the sake of searching for some smidge of validation OH WAIT THERE IT IS 

Just play the bloody game and have fun, or don't.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drama.

Drama drives every story. Soap Opera, Comic Book, Graphic Novel, epic series of novels.  Drama.  People crave it. Want to be part of it. And....want to create it.

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Actually, there are often 3 sides. The two opposing sides, and what it actually is. 

Centrist.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Lead of the <New Praetorians Initiative> supergroup.  Goldside enjoyer.  Perennial RP-etiquette overthinker.

Most of my writing is SG-internal, but the following are SFMA that anybody should be able to play if you want new story-based content.

• NPI: Duray, Duray | 25575: - The New Praetorians scramble to stop the Praetorian and Primal Virgil Durays from getting the band back together.
  • NPI: Brickstown Vice | 36729, 40648, 40803 - The New Praetorians aid Marauder in a drug bust that dredges up his past.  Branches into two paths.
  • NPI: Red Resistance | 43796 - The New Praetorians run afoul of vigilantes after a robbery gone wrong.  Crossover with <Hero Corps Founders Falls>.
  • NPI: Leucochloridium | 44863: - A wellness check on a Woodvale cleanup officer turns over unfinished, Praetorian business.
  • How Emperor Cole Saved Christmas | 45794 - A 100% authentic simulation of how Emperor Cole singlehandedly saved the holiday of Christmas!
  • Bassilisk | 51947 - Several Paragon City villain groups fight over the Rikti's dumbest entirely-canonical doomsday weapon.
  • A Freakshow Love Story | 54544 - Ganymede the cherub calls upon heroes to break up a toxic romance that's going to have explosive fallout!

8 hours ago, Seed22 said:

No its not, thats what you’re saying.

No, it's not. It's how you interpreted what was said, but you're wrong.

First off, the idea that you can dictate to me or anyone else what their thoughts and intent are is not only arrogant and rude, it's ludicrous.  We may play in a superhero game, but mind-reading powers are not real.  So I will ask you again not to put words in mine or anyone else's mouth but your own.

Secondly, to help you understand my point, consider this:  does enjoying or even not minding violent movies make everyone who does so automatically a violent person?  Of course not.  The same principle applies here.  Just because someone enjoys, participates in, or even just tolerates the presence of "garbage" content does not automatically make one a "garbage" or bad person.  As I said, it's a false equivalency, and perpetuating it does not help the discussion move along.

I suggest you drop the matter before this descends further into pointless argument.

Edited by Blackbird71

On 8/8/2021 at 9:50 AM, Ukase said:

A time character called Lagniappe.

What am I missing here? I have always thought it meant something extra for free, like the 13th doughnut in a baker's dozen.
Is there a joke I am not seeing? Honest question...
Thanks!

1 hour ago, Vulpoid said:

What am I missing here? I have always thought it meant something extra for free, like the 13th doughnut in a baker's dozen.
Is there a joke I am not seeing? Honest question...
Thanks!

You're not wrong, Lagniappe can mean generally any kind of extra benefit. For me, I'll never forgot my Senior Prom was the night the clock's got pushed back one hour, so my curfew of 2AM wasn't a true 2AM, but 3AM as far as my body was concerned, because of Daylight Saving's Time. In that context, it was lagniappe. An extra hour. So, when I made my time corruptor, to me it made sense to call it Lagniappe. Slowing down foes, giving myself and teammates extra time before the next attack, etc. But yeah, an extra donut is good, too! (if it fits your macros, lol) 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Only reason I don't log on is because my desk is still somewhere between TX and MA in a pod and trying to game while sitting on the floor sucks ass.

Why, yes, I AM tempted to drill a hole for a network cable through a wall from the kitchen to the living room so that I could take over the kitchen island thing and just stand while playing....

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If I'm in a group, I will often try to get directly above the foe when I use my knockback powers (I love knockback.  Bouncing enemies around is super fun), but I don't get TOO worried about mitigating my knockback effects.  In narrow fighting spaces, like tunnels and such, I can't get over the foe, so this is unavoidable and my nuke seems to send them flying, regardless of where I fire it from. 

Masterminds annoy me, because all the minions running around blinds me and makes targeting and maneuvering in fights confusing for me.  I don't ask masterminds to not use their pets though- or to leave the group.  They have the right to enjoy the game their way.  They aren't obligated to play something else or not use a particular aspect of a power that they enjoy because it bothers me.

If you really, REALLY hate knockback, you need to play a controller with a good lockdown ability, like earth control.  If you don't like to play controllers, well... then I think you just need to grin and bear it (the knockback, I mean), honestly. 

JMO.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, TombTyrant said:

Yep, my team ran a Binder of Beasts to kick it off, and then thrashed zombos gloriously. Which one were you? I was on Katabeatrix.

I was Vampire Bro (he's just pretending to be a vampire. He's a mace/wp scrapper). Were you a MM? I wanted in on the SF but I was slightly below the minimum level at the time. 

On 8/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, Triumphant said:

If you really, REALLY hate knockback, you need to play a controller with a good lockdown ability, like earth control.  If you don't like to play controllers, well... then I think you just need to grin and bear it (the knockback, I mean), honestly. 

People don't hate knockback for the sake of hating knockback.  They hate it when it negatively affects them.  And that's almost never a controller.  If all your stuff is ranged and/or large area, it doesn't bother you as much when foes are knocked around a bit.  When the range on most of your powers is more like 7ft... it's a different story.

But it also doesn't pay to complain about it in game.  It's never well received.  If someone is knocking things away from a melee toon I am playing,  I just pick a different target.  If everything is getting knocked around or repelled or tractor-beamed or whatever... I may even just move on to the next spawn.  I'm not chasing shit around like a cat following a laser pointer.  You knock it?  You bought it.

I think that's fair.  And most of the time, the KBers are fine with it too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, ZemX said:

People don't hate knockback for the sake of hating knockback.  They hate it when it negatively affects them.  And that's almost never a controller.  If all your stuff is ranged and/or large area, it doesn't bother you as much when foes are knocked around a bit.  When the range on most of your powers is more like 7ft... it's a different story.

But it also doesn't pay to complain about it in game.  It's never well received.  If someone is knocking things away from a melee toon I am playing,  I just pick a different target.  If everything is getting knocked around or repelled or tractor-beamed or whatever... I may even just move on to the next spawn.  I'm not chasing shit around like a cat following a laser pointer.  You knock it?  You bought it.

I think that's fair.  And most of the time, the KBers are fine with it too.

Yep, that's a totally reasonable position.  I do try to run down and neutralize all of my knockbacked foes, though sometimes it's difficult to track them in the scrum.  I can understand moving onto the next spawn to avoid chasing around the pinballs if that annoys you.  👍

• Thumbs Up 1