I rezzed myself with Howling Twilight

fitzsimmons

ITF, first mission, warshade ambush +4.  I took a knee, returned to battle with a wake, break free, orange, green and blue and the first power I hit the mob with was HT.  I went down again and got the prompt to be rezzed by it.

Pretty neat, never came across that scenario before.

Regards,

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I didn't realize it could do that either but looking at City of Data, I think I get it.

HT is a little weird in that it's foe-targeted but then rezzes in a PBAoE around the caster.  So the HT power itself just handles the enemy targeted debuffs.  It spawns a pseuo-pet attached to the caster to do the rezzing.  That pet is tagged as persisting through death, so you can die immediately after casting and the pet will still do its thing.  Because that causes about a 1 to 1.5 second delay, it seems you can die and then be hit by the pet's "Howling" rez a second later.  That rez only hits dead allies, but at that moment... that included you.  😀

31 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Pretty sure based on the snippet of combat you desribed it did you zero good.  Faceplant again.  Unless you got off a phase shift. (Shameless plug for the phase shift temp from P2W)

Sorry if I misrepresented it.  After the HT rezzed me, I was good.  Lets call it an accidental strategic move.  Something I'll have to work into my attack chain in order to throw off the enemies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Col. Kernel said:

Yeah, I've rez'd myself twice that way.  I primarily use HT as a stun, so it's bound to happen.  The first time I was all "WTF?" then I realized what happened.  The 2nd time I just laughed.

Yeah me too and I use it a lot, the huge -regen is pretty fantastic as well.  I just never hit the scenario where I got caught up in a rez by it.  I guess I'm usually in better shape when I fire it off.  Stars just happened to line up and was neat to see.

Now as far as being defeated, twice, I've logged a bug.  I never get defeated.  Hopefully I get Bug Hunter for it.

Edited by fitzsimmons
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

HT is a favorite for certain!

An auto-hit stun and regen debuff that's AOE and incidently rezzes any dead teammates? What's not to like?

Edited by DoctorDitko
OCD

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I think this thread title makes HT sound like a hangover cure.

"I woke up with the worst headache ever but I stumbled to the fridge, found some soy sauce and Gatorade, mixed up some Howling Twilight and rezzed myself in no time!"

I approve. 😄

I've pulled this trick off a time or two. Howling Twilight is always awesome, but when it pulls back a full team wipe, yourself included, that's a moment worth savoring.

Edited by Yoru-hime
The usual typos

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

Pretty sure based on the snippet of combat you desribed it did you zero good.  Faceplant again.  Unless you got off a phase shift. (Shameless plug for the phase shift temp from P2W)

Warburgs phase shift is free

• Thumbs Up 1

Fun fact, if you time it just right you can also rez yourself with Twilight Grasp.  Except you aren't prompted to be rezzed and just start standing up like you used an Awaken.

You also don't get debt protection or any sort of rez invunerability and will likely die again before you can act or react.

In rare cases this can also happen to mobs using Twilight Grasp (Death Mages usually), as well as the Dark Servant.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Fun fact, if you time it just right you can also rez yourself with Twilight Grasp.  Except you aren't prompted to be rezzed and just start standing up like you used an Awaken.

I've actually had this happen before. Took me forever to figure out what happened.

• 2 weeks later

This has happened to me with Howling too, a couple of times when I was leveling my "probably current main."  Done it once or twice since by rushing over to rez someone without really thinking it through so they just just got dropped and are surrounded by five or more red+ foes -- I know, I'll go stand over by them and attack some of those foes to rez my friend!  I may not be the sharpest razor in this box of rocks.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
wrong power named
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝