The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

The /setdifficulty commands

Shenanigunner

Thanks to posts by @Hedgefund and @SuperPlyx, I have become aware of the the four /setdifficulty... slash commands only about three years after they were implemented, during the hiatus, in Issue 25. Oh, well.

In documenting them, I've run into two anomalies that I can't resolve since I am not a regular teamer or power player.

First, am I missing anything in that the Boss/Elite Boss setting has no Mission window indicator? You just have to know?

Second, I discover that the team size setting can be set from 1 to... something very high. I got up to 24, with the number reflected in the Mission window, before not bothering to explore further. I suspect this is just a bug in the command and that when I log back in the alt's setting will be reflected as 8, and that if I were to dive into a mission I'd find it at x8 level.

But... if anyone who teams and runs at high mission levels wants to mess around, try:

/setdifficultyteamsize [n]

with values from 9 to whatever, and report back what you find.

(If you are crushed by +20 mob sizes, don't blame me, it's all in the name of science.)

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Okay, thanks for all the pointers and info, especially @Yomo Kimyata.

So simple testing proved it out:

1. You can't set team size back to zero if you've ever changed it;
  2. You can't set _level, _boss or _av outside of their ranges;
  3. You can set _teamsize from 1 to any number. Setting it to 9 or higher forces the foe level up by one, to an "overlimit" of +5.

...all of which some subset of players already knew, I know. What baffles me is how even the existence of these commands (which predate HC) escaped me for so long, and how little discussion there has been, and how searching the forum didn't turn up some of the conversations that have been quoted and noted.

But it's all in the Guide now, so I can go back to other things. 🙂

(Just a side comment... as an old forum junkie I wish this platform was as capable as many of the others. It has weird holes in functionality and seems to have been chosen a bit more for Pretty than Useful.)

Edited by Shenanigunner
Corrected team size statement

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

Well, it gives them an extra +1. It doesn’t force the other setting to +4.

Ah. Subtle difference, kemosabe. Thx.

This little bit of knowledge really opened up a lot of possibilities for me. Had a lot of fun gaming today. TY for posting this info.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Using the /setdifficultyteamsize to 10, level to minus one, AV and Bosses ON, I had an extremely fun time soloing the Pandoras Box mission Signature Arcs with my Incarnate Fire/Savage tanker.

Many Fake Nems will KB a fire tank. [Even with two -4 KB procs]

You will get rewards comparable to running a normal farm.

I had never run this complete arc before, just one or two perchance with a team.

Edited by KC4800
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty