HALLOWEEN 2021

BALAKÉ

ATTENTION COH FAMILY! I CALL FORTH MY BROTHEREN AND SISTERHOOD TO JOIN FORCES TO BRING ABOUT THE MANIFESTATION OF BROOMSTICKS FOR GODS SAKE IT IS FALL AND ALL HALLOWS EVE IS UPON US! THE MANY WITCHES AND WIZARDS OF PARAGON CITY MUST BE ABLE TO FLY PROPERLY! ALSO! KITTEN PETS AND LIONS N TIGERS N BEAR MOUNTS WOULD BE NICE!

P.S. For the love of God can we please get an update on respec'ing and transferring enhancements? The one by one thing is killing me... Oh and we need more outfits, at least the cool flowy ones the contacts have...ok thats it for now. TY! LOVE YOU! ^u^ ❤️

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cohoriginal said:

BRING ABOUT THE MANIFESTATION OF BROOMSTICKS

THE MANY WITCHES AND WIZARDS OF PARAGON CITY MUST BE ABLE TO FLY PROPERLY!

I wonder if the Rocket Board can reskinned (maybe use the Broom from the Staff Fighting weapon customization) & pair it with Emote animations such as Crouch, Sit, or the pose from prestige power slide (if they are compatible) (& without the glow).

It's probably way harder to do than it sounds.

3 hours ago, cohoriginal said:

oh and do more invasions! (zombie/rikti/anything else?)

You might want to checkout @ironjoe thread.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/31297-halloween-event-request-some-additions/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, cohoriginal said:

I CALL FORTH MY BROTHEREN AND SISTERHOOD

At the risk of being labeled both pedantic and archaic, it should be "brethren and sistren" or "brothers and sisters". The former terms were used in Middle English, from the 12th to 15th centuries; 'brothers' began to replace 'brethren' from about 1600 (except for referring to fellow members of a religious community, society, or profession), while 'sistren' had completely fallen out of use by the mid 16th century.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

At the risk of being labeled both pedantic and archaic, it should be "brethren and sistren" or "brothers and sisters". The former terms were used in Middle English, from the 12th to 15th centuries; 'brothers' began to replace 'brethren' from about 1600 (except for referring to fellow members of a religious community, society, or profession), while 'sistren' had completely fallen out of use by the mid 16th century.

Trust @srmalloy, I was corrected on my use of 'here here,' as 'hear, hear' a few months ago and I can now confidently walk around parties agreeing with people without a care  😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 2 weeks later
On 9/21/2021 at 12:37 PM, srmalloy said:

I stand corrected lol

Well Excuse Me GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

I had missed the issue 25 change to invasions of both Zombies and Rikti such that they no longer spawn if everyone in the zone is below level 25.

Could we instead make it based on zone level?

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

19 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

I had missed the issue 25 change to invasions of both Zombies and Rikti such that they no longer spawn if everyone in the zone is below level 25.

It's not in the i25 patch notes.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• Retired Developer
On 9/21/2021 at 3:53 AM, cohoriginal said:

P.S. For the love of God can we please get an update on respec'ing and transferring enhancements? The one by one thing is killing me...

Could you elaborate on this some more?

On 9/21/2021 at 9:50 PM, TraumaTrain said:

It's one of the French benefits of having such learned people (personren?) like @srmalloy participate on the boards.

"French benefits"?  Is that with tongue?

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

18 hours ago, Naomi said:

I think they're referring to the recurring requests to amend the respec process so that, instead of having to completely redo your build, you can select individual powers and slots to be re-allocated.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:07 PM, Naomi said:

Well during the respec process, changes are made to a build that sometimes is already slotted with enhancements, so sometimes after changes enhancements are no longer needed to be slotted. So, I'm requesting there be a simple button for us to return all enhancements back to your inventory (up to its max) so that we're not having to select each one individually one-by-one having to slot them back into our inventory. It, takes, FOREVER. Lastly, as far as transferring goes, sometimes we like to transfer goods from one toon to another and instead of having to email one-by-one, being able to transfer in bulk would also be a very helpful change for many.

Ugh GIF - TiffanyPollard HeadAche Stressed - Discover & Share GIFs |  Reaction face, Current mood meme, Reactions meme

Edited by cohoriginal

I wish this event/season had it's own enhancement sets like the winter and summer event do. Imagine a proc allowing you to summon bats, ravens, werewolves, zombies, etc. Or another proc giving you a chance to shape change into one of them with a few of their powers? Next year maybe?

Edited by Echo Night
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Echo Night said:

I wish this event/season had it's own enhancement sets like the winter and summer event do. Imagine a proc allowing you to summon bats, ravens, werewolves, zombies, etc. Or another proc giving you a chance to shape change into one of them with a few of their powers? Next year maybe?

Maybe if they ever make Fear and/or Confuse Purple Sets, they could be Halloween Themed?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, BZRKR said:

Maybe if they ever make Fear and/or Confuse Purple Sets, they could be Halloween Themed?

There's so much in game ideas already here. The potential is limitless! Honestly, and I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but the seasonal events needs an overhaul. Instead of more, new content, focus could be put into these events. A TF/SF/trial for each event (Halloween and Christmas) would be a welcome change. The lore is there. We have, in game, a lot of what is needed for the stories to be told. I can't remember if the BBNY mission is a TF or a trial, but if it is, that could also be overhauled. Wishful thinking I know. But a wish nonetheless!

Edited by Echo Night

On 10/19/2021 at 7:38 PM, Echo Night said:

Imagine a proc allowing you to summon bats, ravens, werewolves, zombies, etc.

I had pitched an idea for a Haunted Proc that randomly summons a spirit/ghost to fight for you for a short while.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/4713-what-would-be-a-good-io-set-for-dr-kanes-house-of-horror/?do=findComment&comment=55297

Still love that idea & love your expansion on it. 

Different Themed Procs each with their own type of summons, @Echo Night that is really great. I hope they get made.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:38 PM, Echo Night said:

Or another proc giving you a chance to shape change into one of them with a few of their powers?

That is an awesome idea.

Edited by Shadowsleuth

10 hours ago, Echo Night said:

I can't remember if the BBNY mission is a TF or a trial, but if it is, that could also be overhauled.

OK, I'll bite, overhauled how?  Seems basically just fine to me, although I'll admit it's probably my favorite thing in the game, so I may be biased.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

An idle thought I had the last time I was cruising through Atlas Park -- it obviously can't be done for this year, but there are two big cauldrons full of candy on the east and west sides of the central plaza. It would give them a bit of a 'treat' flavor if you could click on a cauldron and (on, say, a five or ten minute timer) get a random small inspiration.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1