Aeon Strike Force Spoilers (Without Context!)

GM Impervium

• Lead Game Master

Kalinda sighed, looking at the fallen Fortunata at her feet. The fifth or sixth this week. They had all been assigned to work on Project: DESTINY, but something was now horribly wrong. As they would attempt to gaze into the near future, they'd instantly cry in pain and fall dead, with only a bare scrap of information shared among their psychic link before they were cut off.

Kalinda had been "collecting" these "scraps", but couldn't make sense of them. It all looked like random numbers? Was her own mind protecting her from whatever lethally maddening images that killed her Fortunatas? No, wait... not numbers... just ones and zeros. Binary code, perhaps? She sat at a terminal, ignoring the dead body nearby and began to work like a woman possessed, compiling the bare code in whatever way seemed to make the most sense.

By the time Kalinda came to, she had been without sleep for days, but the work was done... or so she thought. The code had translated into images... but what did they mean? She now had even more questions than answers, and she dared not report to Ghost Widow when she now had less than nothing. With an angry sigh, Kalinda pushed herself away from the terminal to get some much needed rest, unaware that she'd left the image open to prying eyes...

AeonSpoilersWeb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

• Lead Game Master

On a more serious note, please do not post actual spoilers outside of the beta forums or #Beta-testing-discussion on Discord; some people may not want to see it all until it goes live! If you must, make sure to use spoiler tags!

Edited by GM Impervium
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

That boomer novely cover thing looks like it might be interesting. Does anyone know what (novel?) thats from? 

Also, pizza? I am sorry, but I am no pizza delivery person. I left that behind when I broke 20.

edit: Also, Kim Possible was GREAT.

Edited by Hew
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hew said:

That boomer novely cover thing looks like it might be interesting. Does anyone know what (novel?) thats from? 

Also, pizza? I am sorry, but I am no pizza delivery person. I left that behind when I broke 20.

edit: Also, Kim Possible was GREAT.

X-Men Series 2 trading cards from 1993

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, jojogladco said:

X-Men Series 2 trading cards from 1993

Dang, I thought it would have been a novel.

<- Reads a LOT. And not that digital kindle crap, but real, honest to goodness paper books.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Kalinda sighed, looking at the fallen Fortunata at her feet. The fifth or sixth this week. They had all been assigned to work on Project: DESTINY, but something was now horribly wrong. As they would attempt to gaze into the near future, they'd instantly cry in pain and fall dead, with only a bare scrap of information shared among their psychic link before they were cut off.

You almost got away with it, but I cracked the code.

Looking forward to learning more. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 15
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I dunno..I think we're a little too negative....

• Haha 6

Actually, if you look closely to the meme on top, you will find answers to both of your theories.

• Haha 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

5 minutes ago, Hew said:

I dunno, but that pizza is looking hella good.

Damn right, hot and steamy!

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

• Lead Game Master
1 hour ago, Gulbasaur said:

You almost got away with it, but I cracked the code.

Looking forward to learning more. 

Ha! The only "hidden thing" I intentionally put in that blurb was "the fifth or sixth this week", which is when we're pushing page 3 onto Brainstorm (at the time of writing, there seemed to be a little uncertainty about the exact date. I neglected to edit it properly after the official announcement was posted). But good catch otherwise!

• Haha 1

GM Impervium

Hero 1 was teased in another thread, rest in pizza. Pizza is the favorite food of arcade playing children. Street Fighter is an arcade game found in the 80s and 90s. X-Men had a sweet animated show on TV during that time. Time is often displayed on a watch face. The nature of the collage implies a circular logic, ergo a watch face and circles are two dimensional objects which time ignores. So ignore ripples in the water and you won't collapse? 

image.png.82dc580332ab51a6ee9e0d30f7c4f1ed.png

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Confused 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

9 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Ha! The only "hidden thing" I intentionally put in that blurb was "the fifth or sixth this week", which is when we're pushing page 3 onto Brainstorm (at the time of writing, there seemed to be a little uncertainty about the exact date. I neglected to edit it properly after the official announcement was posted). But good catch otherwise!

Another clue! The plot thinnens. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• Retired Developer

This is pretty great. It's no poem, but it's great! I'm glowing with never before seen joy. I'm just rolling with the tinfoil theories even though its not at all my preferred metal. I hope this hasn't thrown a wrench into the memes too much, honestly.

• Haha 3

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

2 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

I'm glowing with never before seen joy. I'm just rolling with the tinfoil theories even though its not at all my preferred metal. I hope this hasn't thrown a wrench into the memes too much, honestly.

Glowing Tinfoil Wrench.

Got it.

• Haha 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

• Retired Developer

If it is, it's cursed!

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

On 11/2/2021 at 9:58 PM, Hew said:

I dunno, but that pizza is looking hella good.

I think that pizza lacks something important.

What do you think, @Bionic_Flea? 🙂