Focused Feedback: Pineapple vs. Pizza

Obsidian Light

Focused Feedback: Pineapple vs. Pizza  

500 members have voted

1. 1. Line in the sand: Does Pineapple belong on Pizza?

• YES!! Make my pizza extra fruity! Bring on the Pineapple!!
    • NO!! Keep that abomination away from my pie!!
    • Who cares? I'm hungry. FEED ME!!

When it comes to the *concept* of Pineapple on Pizza, I have no problem.  People eat weird things all the time, and more power to them.

The problem I have is that Pizza is usually a *social* food, often bought for a family or a gathering, and anyone insisting on pineapple almost always means people who don't like pineapple always lose out.

To explain what I mean, let me give you an example:   Say there's a small party with four people, and they order two Pizzas:  One Hawaiian, and one Pepperoni.   Two of the party goers don't like Pineapple, but the other two are fine with both pizzas.

What happens if one of the Pineapple-eaters decide that they want a slice of Pepperoni?

Now it means that's there's less pizza for Pineapple-haters to eat overall- they can't eat any of the hawaiian, and they now have one less slice of Pepperoni they could eat.

In short, people who order Pineapple pizzas, and eat *any other* kind o pizza before theirs is all gone are unfairly taking food away from other people- and they do this all the time, often without even thinking about it or realizing what they're doing to the other people there.

Like... be decent.   Just stick to the pineapple pizza until it's gone, okay?  It's just polite.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rikmach said:

When it comes to the *concept* of Pineapple on Pizza, I have no problem.  People eat weird things all the time, and more power to them.

The problem I have is that Pizza is usually a *social* food, often bought for a family or a gathering, and anyone insisting on pineapple almost always means people who don't like pineapple always lose out.

To explain what I mean, let me give you an example:   Say there's a small party with four people, and they order two Pizzas:  One Hawaiian, and one Pepperoni.   Two of the party goers don't like Pineapple, but the other two are fine with both pizzas.

What happens if one of the Pineapple-eaters decide that they want a slice of Pepperoni?

Now it means that's there's less pizza for Pineapple-haters to eat overall- they can't eat any of the hawaiian, and they now have one less slice of Pepperoni they could eat.

In short, people who order Pineapple pizzas, and eat *any other* kind o pizza before theirs is all gone are unfairly taking food away from other people- and they do this all the time, often without even thinking about it or realizing what they're doing to the other people there.

Like... be decent.   Just stick to the pineapple pizza until it's gone, okay?  It's just polite.

This just shows limited thinking in pizza toppings.  The obvious answer in the above scenario is to order one pepperoni, and one Hawaiian but only with pineapple on one half of the pizza.  You can add olives or something to the other half.  This way there is enough pineapple to satisfy the pineapple-lovers, and plenty of pizza to share with the pineapple-haters.

Source:  true life experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just shred the pineapple instead of having huge chunks and it's a great addition. Sweet and salty is a classic flavor combo, but most places use chunks for aesthetics.

Edited by Derek Icelord
  • Like 2

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

56 minutes ago, Blackbird71 said:

This just shows limited thinking in pizza toppings.  The obvious answer in the above scenario is to order one pepperoni, and one Hawaiian but only with pineapple on one half of the pizza.  You can add olives or something to the other half.  This way there is enough pineapple to satisfy the pineapple-lovers, and plenty of pizza to share with the pineapple-haters.

Except the Pineapple gets juice all over the rest of the pizza, ruining it for non-Pineapple eaters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pineapples belong nowhere near pizza. Or anything savory for that matter.

That's on par with people that put apples in their "artisan" deli sandwich in favor of onion for the crunch factor, despite the fact that the flavor is still very different. 😡

• Haha 1

If nobody is there to see any pineapple on the pizza...is pineapple still on the pizza? 

...or...

Lord if there are 50 good pineapple on that pizza, will you still eat the pizza?  How about 45 good pineapple?...10 good pineapple?

Lord, for the sake of 1 good pineapple will you still eat the pizza? (Gen 18:16-33)

Edited by Esau
  • Like 1

Hamburger, bacon, sausage, pepperoni, thin sliced red potatoes, bacon, ham, steak, bacon, chicken, garlic, bacon, grilled onions, bacon, bbq/marinara/pizza sauce. No cheese. No veggies.

And no bloody damned pineapple.

The only valid pizza.

Death is the best debuff.

Fruit doesn't belong on Pizza!

*Grabs popcorn and waits for the inevitable debate this statement will cause.*

2 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

Just shred the pineapple instead of having huge chunks and it's a great addition. Sweat and salty is a classic flavor combo, but most places use chunks for aesthetics.

I read that as snort the pineapple and I am now convinced that is the only true way to enjoy pineapple.

• Haha 1