Notes on the innertube emotes

Shenanigunner

Just popped over to Beta to test the new innertube emotes. For those who haven't:

• There are six:
    • /em innertube1: strawberry donut with sprinkles.
    • /em innertube2: chocolate donut with sprinkles.
    • /em innertube3 : Neon green.
    • /em innertube4 : Cow. sigh.
    • /em innertube5"Naval Academy" (blue-gray camo).
    • /em innertube6 : Lifeguard.
  • /em innertube random selects/rotates among them.
  • They have a slight sound effect on call.
  • They only work in water deep enough for the alt to swim in — Ouro pool, Founders canals, oceans, etc.
  • Movement cancels the emote; no, you can't scoot around in them. Bummer.

This is a fun one. Thumbs up to the devs!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

5 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Just popped over to Beta to test the new innertube emotes. For those who haven't:

• There are six:
    • /em innertube1: strawberry donut with sprinkles.
    • /em innertube2: chocolate donut with sprinkles.
    • /em innertube3 : Neon green.
    • /em innertube4 : Cow. sigh.
    • /em innertube5"Naval Academy" (blue-gray camo).
    • /em innertube6 : Lifeguard.
  • /em innertube random selects/rotates among them.
  • They have a slight sound effect on call.
  • They only work in water deep enough for the alt to swim in — Ouro pool, Founders canals, oceans, etc.
  • Movement cancels the emote; no, you can't scoot around in them. Bummer.

This is a fun one. Thumbs up to the devs!

Ya great work! On beta, hope it makes it to live! Oh a hidden(?) Easter Egg with this emote - if you are using Granite Armor it tilts the tube a bit! Sadly, no animation yet for Dwarf/Squid forms.

Spoiler

1.JPG.eb0d1d58e3af4673faef6a3d6d94d01e.JPG2.JPG.cea79bb97fe4f15c164a946155102ca5.JPG

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Nope. Like most emotes, any movement cancels. And there's no drifting, auto-movement, etc. [Pretty sure] not even rotating.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I have a different method in mind.  I dont get home for a few more hours though.  And it probably wont work but it will be fun if it does.

Edit:  it works for other emotes but didnt for this one.  the tubes will stay anchored for the time being.

Edited by TheZag

7 hours ago, gamingglen said:

Was the way you tried similar to moving in the Lotus position while flying (Fly/Hover)?  (lean back and go "down" which moves you forward slowly)

That wouldn't work here since swimming isn't flight.   Swimming isn't even technically swimming since it's just a modified walk/run animation.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:01 PM, Shenanigunner said:

Movement cancels the emote; no, you can't scoot around in them.

*blink*

*blink blink*

*furiously scratches out Item 457, "Engage players with motorboat chases in innertubes as a distraction while taking control of world"*

*crumples up Master Plan for World Domination*

I was so close... so close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

*blink*

*blink blink*

*furiously scratches out Item 457, "Engage players with motorboat chases in innertubes as a distraction while taking control of world"*

That's okay, Brain.  We'll always have Paris.  Narf!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Luminara said:

*blink*

*blink blink*

I was going to recreate Diddy Kong Racing 😥 

Edit: With gif!

1.gif.be1b45d115563285489e86797803564b.gif

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Inner tube races arouns the Rogue Islands sounds hella fun actually.

Inner tubing around any of the water courses would be fun. I wonder if it would be simple to enable movement as about half of emotes allow...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Inner tubing around any of the water courses would be fun. I wonder if it would be simple to enable movement as about half of emotes allow...?

If I remember correctly during testing, the innertube did allow a brief 3-4 second window to move around, much like other emotes that are being fixed as well. Not really a solution and allowing the emote to override animation sounds super buggy to me, but perhaps as one of the dozens of flying temp powers? I'm just spit ballin here, not for or against really.

Pocket D Zone Tour

If Inner Tube ever does actually get movement, someone needs to write some kind of "Lazy River" bind set for collecting River Rat. Something that just points one in the appropriate direction after each is collected, and hits auto-run, or something. 😛

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

43 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

If Inner Tube ever does actually get movement, someone needs to write some kind of "Lazy River" bind set for collecting River Rat. Something that just points one in the appropriate direction after each is collected, and hits auto-run, or something. 😛

Well, that more or less already exists. All we need is a paddle.

Wait... if you are innertubing, are you up the creek without a paddle?

48 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

...perhaps as one of the dozens of flying temp powers?

Flying innertubes. siiiigggghhhh.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

I guess I'm just too out of touch with my fun side. I don't see the appeal. 

I'm just squee about this because so, so many changes in the last year have been aimed at either the power-gamer crowd or the... I dunno "serious RP crowd" who just can't get enough colors, costume parts and so forth to Play The Right Way.

This is just plain goofiness, which was always a part of the game but doesn't get enough attention these days of fierce wrangling over game technicals.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I'm just squee about this because so, so many changes in the last year have been aimed at either the power-gamer crowd or the... I dunno "serious RP crowd" who just can't get enough colors, costume parts and so forth to Play The Right Way.

This is just plain goofiness, which was always a part of the game but doesn't get enough attention these days of fierce wrangling over game technicals.

That's certainly fair enough. 

I know you're not alone. Plenty of folks are pleased about it. 

Part of me wishes I could get more joy out of making a cool costume and using emotes & such, as I think I'm missing a fair portion of what the game could offer, but it's just not my thing. 

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

Part of me wishes I could get more joy out of making a cool costume and using emotes & such, as I think I'm missing a fair portion of what the game could offer, but it's just not my thing. 

I hear ya. I like twiddling up a costume — and over time, I tend to build a 'combat' costume as well as a 'civilian' costume for most alts — and start with a great name and have a bit of backstory/origin in mind... but after that, I just play the game. No RP, no mad rush to endgame, just play the alt through because even after a decade and a half, I still like to.

But the occasional session of silliness like rounding up all the badges in a zone just to look around, or finding all the high points in a zone to stand on, or even messing around with obscure emotes in Liberty Plaza... sure. After all, as the great philosopher Jack Elliott once put it: "It's a game. Games are meant to be fun."

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later

As someone who was just shown an interesting tidBit of these new emOtes I must say: thank yOu dev who lovingly crafted that small detail. If you'll oBlige with an account I'll tranSfer some inf as a tip.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1