P2W Vendor: Level 50 Ticket (Cost: 20 Million Influence)

1 hour ago, Brawlin said:

I would think that in a player owned and driven game letting people play how they want would be a #1 priority instead of forcing players into jumping through 20 year old hoops.

I think it's better than the devs maintain a clear vision of what they want the game to be than to try to cater to all of "the people." And they've already said why they won't add a level 50 token to the game, in this very thread no less.

Sure. I'd love it if the devs gave my tanker a +100% damage bonus. Would it be good for the game if they did that? Why not? Why force me to jump through a 20 year old hoop in order to confine me to my AT?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

7 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I think it's better than the devs maintain a clear vision of what they want the game to be than to try to cater to all of "the people." And they've already said why they won't add a level 50 token to the game, in this very thread no less.

Sure. I'd love it if the devs gave my tanker a +100% damage bonus. Would it be good for the game if they did that? Why not? Why force me to jump through a 20 year old hoop in order to confine me to my AT?

Jumping through hoops = breaking classes? You are not getting my point.

I like to fight.

9 hours ago, Brawlin said:

I would think that in a player owned and driven game letting people play how they want would be a #1 priority instead of forcing players into jumping through 20 year old hoops.

20 year old hoops or not, there is a rather large difference between "playing as you want on a server" and "playing as you want in a sandbox".  Instant 50 tokens are a perk reserved for the sandbox, so feel free to hop into the Beta/Brainstorm servers for it.  PL'd toons aside, there is a general expectation that a level 50 character knows how their powersets work.  An instant 50 token on the live server would severely undermine that expectation.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Brawlin said:

That’s not how any games work except for Garry’s Mod or whatever.

A lot of us don’t want a pure sandbox game, so it would be a lot better to use the sandbox options you already have like Brainstorm or Cake. 

Edited by arcane

6 hours ago, Brawlin said:

Jumping through hoops = breaking classes? You are not getting my point.

I used your owns words against you, and I didn't get your point? I even gave an example, and I didn't get your point? Your statement implies that I'm so stupid that it's a wonder that I can even respond to your post.

Of course I got your point, and you know that I did. It's just that this is the internet where you're not allowed to admit that you might be wrong, ever. It's ok, I understand.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Every MMO has a way to skip to endgame and it doesnt make the game a sandbox just cuts out the XP grind. I am not saying enhancements should be free or incarnates I am just tired of wasting 2 hours of my time doorsitting or way more leveling the "normal" way. It feels like such a chore to level to 50, it either needs to be faster or instant. Everything you learn as you level you can learn at level 50 its entirely dependent on the player and not on the manner of how you leveled.

I like to fight.

9 minutes ago, Brawlin said:

Every MMO has a way to skip to endgame and it doesnt make the game a sandbox just cuts out the XP grind. I am not saying enhancements should be free or incarnates I am just tired of wasting 2 hours of my time doorsitting or way more leveling the "normal" way. It feels like such a chore to level to 50, it either needs to be faster or instant. Everything you learn as you level you can learn at level 50 its entirely dependent on the player and not on the manner of how you leveled.

The games in question have a skip feature like that because in those games the end game is the game and is new every expansion. That’s not the case here. I’m sorry if you don’t enjoy the one to 50 game, but it is simply false to say or imply that the real game is at 50. Yes you can learn your toon at 50, but by doing so you are being rude to your fellow players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

The games in question have a skip feature like that because in those games the end game is the game and is new every expansion. That’s not the case here. I’m sorry if you don’t enjoy the one to 50 game, but it is simply false to say or imply that the real game is at 50. Yes you can learn your toon at 50, but by doing so you are being rude to your fellow players.

There are plenty of endgame missions. The AE is filled with awesome challenging content. The game devs are leaning more twords great endgame with the vanguard bonus boss in the Aeon Strike force. 

I like to fight.

Just now, Brawlin said:

There are plenty of endgame missions. The AE is filled with awesome challenging content. The game devs are leaning more twords great endgame with the vanguard bonus boss in the Aeon Strike force. 

Aeon Strike Force is 35 minimum.

There is actually very little level 50 only content in the game.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 12:30 AM, PeregrineFalcon said:

And they've already said why they won't add a level 50 token to the game, in this very thread no less.

They said they would not add anything that costs large sums of inf so as not to give people the opportunity to run to the nearest RMT goldseller.  never said they would not add a level 50 token at all.

On 12/25/2021 at 3:49 PM, Wavicle said:

Perhaps I missed something, but have the people here stopped developing future content?  If not, is there no plans at all to ever add any level 50+ content in the future?  I had thought I heard there were some Incarnate level missions coming in January.  Perhaps I am mistaken.

As for people "being rude to their fellow players", that is just nonsense.  I have teamed with a great many people playing their low level characters who do not have a clue what they are doing.  Playing the "right way" is no guarantee.

7 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Perhaps I missed something, but have the people here stopped developing future content?  If not, is there no plans at all to ever add any level 50+ content in the future?  I had thought I heard there were some Incarnate level missions coming in January.  Perhaps I am mistaken.

As for people "being rude to their fellow players", that is just nonsense.  I have teamed with a great many people playing their low level characters who do not have a clue what they are doing.  Playing the "right way" is no guarantee.

I could've sworn I heard something too about Incarnate level Cimeroran missions, at least to* flesh out opportunities to defeat certain enemies for the two recently introduced defeat badges. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
the -> to*

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 hours ago, ZacKing said:

They said they would not add anything that costs large sums of inf so as not to give people the opportunity to run to the nearest RMT goldseller.  never said they would not add a level 50 token at all.

I just went and checked, and you're right. The dev post did not say they weren't going to add a level 50 token. I was wrong. Thank you for correcting my failing memory.

Also, are you ready to quote those posts yet where people were supposedly white knighting and/or gatekeeping? Or would you like to just going ahead and admit now that you were just making stuff up?

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

I could've sworn I heard something too about Incarnate level Cimeroran missions, at least to* flesh out opportunities to defeat certain enemies for the two recently introduced defeat badges. 

Ok good so it was not just me.   Seems there is some thought and work being put into adding level 50+ content.  I would hope so if the game were going to thrive.   

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

No, because they at least tried. 

Not nearly hard enough in many instances I have seen.  😉 To be honest, I have seen and know more people who play their PLed characters far better than people who leveled the "traditional way".  They are also seasoned vets so there is that. 

Edited by ShardWarrior

22 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

To be honest, I have seen and know more people who play their PLed characters far better than people who leveled the "traditional way".  They are also seasoned vets so there is that. 

Oh you've played with me and my menagerie of 117 fully IO'd incarnates (I started in Beta, and working to catching up to the 382 lvl 50's I had through the live servers over the years).

More to the actual thread,  20 million had me laughing. I make that selling 1 purple IO. Personally I don't think it's a great idea to have an instant 50, but if they did make it at least 1 billion influence.

I'm going to remind everyone that this game, officially, is free to play. People make donations to keep the servers on but if I understand the terms of use the HC Devs are NOT allowed to earn a profit doing this.

That being said...most of the reasons why the 'instant 50' idea was bad existed on Live and they were bad because CoX was a for-profit venture. This is no longer the case.

I'd also like to point out from my own person opinion that I strongly dislike absolutes. They're often unnecessary and what's worse when they get overturned later and the world DOESN'T stop turning the people who screamed about the sky falling look pretty silly. Many of you do NOT need to be reminded of the Dark Days under Jack Emmert and his list of absolutes. 'The players should NEVER seen the numbers behind their powers!" was one of my faves. Once he was gone, the Devs let us see the numbers and guess what? Many of the powers were BROKEN! I'm sure many of you can cite many more such situations.

So saying 'we should NEVER have an instant 50 feature' makes some of you look a bit paranoid. Sure, we don't want EVERYONE to take EVERY toon to 50 right away or else who will the new players play with? However, before you go painting the world in black and white, think about WHY this was always a bad idea and understand that most of that reasoning is GONE.

If every player were allowed to make one 50 after getting another character to 50 (the way Khelds and VEATs used to be), what would it harm? No, we should NOT sell this is any way or it will be abused. No, we should NOT gate this behind any sort of rare accolade or obscure badge. All of that is crap. When a player reaches their first 50 on an account, they're awarded one free token tradable at the Merit Vendor for one free boost of another character from 1 to 50. Once per account, ever, period.

As has been noted many times above, a new toon can be PL'd from 1-50 in a few hours. But what about the players who don't do that? WHat about everyone that simply PLAYS THE GAME? Wouldn't ONE free 50 be a nice reward for them? PLers and farmers won't care because the free 50 will be one in a stable of dozens if not hundreds. But that one person who played the game, with no PLing or free rides of any kind...now THAT player is going to look at such a reward and think 'Yeah...I WORKED for that!'

How about we reward the NORMAL, non-Marketeering, non-PLing players for once?

16 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Personally I don't think it's a great idea to have an instant 50, but if they did make it at least 1 billion influence.

Devs have already said they won't be making anything with high price tags so forget about the billion inf price tag.  It's a dead issue.

12 hours ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

As has been noted many times above, a new toon can be PL'd from 1-50 in a few hours. But what about the players who don't do that? WHat about everyone that simply PLAYS THE GAME? Wouldn't ONE free 50 be a nice reward for them?

This is why an unlockable level 50 token I suggested works.  People will have to unlock that token by actually playing the game to not only get to 50 but also earn several badges and stuff for TFs/SFs.  That rewards everyone, not just farmers.

15 hours ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

I'd also like to point out from my own person opinion that I strongly dislike absolutes.

My personal pet peeve because it’s repeated so often here even though it obviously makes zero practical sense as a game design philosophy: “more options are always good”.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Devs have already said they won't be making anything with high price tags so forget about the billion inf price tag.  It's a dead issue.

This is why an unlockable level 50 token I suggested works.  People will have to unlock that token by actually playing the game to not only get to 50 but also earn several badges and stuff for TFs/SFs.  That rewards everyone, not just farmers.

maybe no more than ONE unlockable, NOT purchasable, token. I could accept that. It’s still definitely not what the OP was asking for, but that’s OK.