P2W Vendor: Level 50 Ticket (Cost: 20 Million Influence)

28 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Cranial flatulance on my part. Went from memory... to the wrong side of the pond, since there hasn't really been a reason to go in there for years 🙂

So now you're too good to use a map?

(I had to, having misplaced my mental grasp of AP...)

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, 0th Power said:

What about my idea?

Hilarious and karmic, but perhaps not the best idea to have these deadbeat level “50’s” out there that can accidentally wind up on your pugs if you’re not careful.

Could create a crazy new challenge-seeking meta though.

First to complete a max difficulty Dr. Aeon with no additional powers/slots allowed officially gets to say they broke the whole internet.

Edited by arcane

46 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

Try reading sometime.  does wonders.

I do. How do you think I read your post? Unlike you I'm not psychic.

46 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

You miss the part where I said people can express their opinions?  I know what the words mean and how they're used today, thanks.

White knighting is when someone defends someone else without expecting anything in return, i.e. acting like a white knight. Gatekeeping is when someone physically prevents you from entering a door or gate, or prevents you from taking an action. So if a moderator deleted your suggestion so that the developers can't see it then that would be gatekeeping.

I just read this entire thread again. I didn't see anyone defending the developers. And, since a developer has responded in this thread, clearly no one has been Gatekeeping.

I also didn't read "I speak for the entire player base" anywhere in the thread. Now maybe they're thinking that they do but, since I'm not psychic unlike you, I can only go by what people actually write in their posts, not in whatever pops into my head.

Perhaps you could quote the exact portions of the posts where someone is gatekeeping and/or white knighting? Or would I not be able to see it because I'm not psychic?

You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Forgot to finish a sentence. :)
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

25 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I do. How do you think I read your post? Unlike you I'm not psychic.

White knighting is when someone defends someone else without expecting anything in return, i.e. acting like a white knight. Gatekeeping is when someone physically prevents you from entering a door or gate, or prevents you from taking an action. So if a moderator deleted your suggestion so that the developers can't see it then that would be gatekeeping.

I just read this entire thread again. I didn't see anyone defending the developers. And, since a developer has responded in this thread, clearly no one has been Gatekeeping.

I also didn't read "I speak for the entire player base" anywhere in the thread. Now maybe they're thinking that they do but, since I'm not psychic unlike you, I can only go by what people actually write in their posts, not in whatever pops into my head.

Perhaps you could quote the exact portions of the posts where someone is gatekeeping and/or white knighting? Or would I not be able to see it because I'm not psychic?

You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

Nope, zero interest in getting into a dick measuring contest with you since that's all you seem to be after here.  You read the thread your way and I'll read it mine thanks. 

1 minute ago, ZacKing said:

Nope, zero interest in getting into a dick measuring contest with you since that's all you seem to be after here.  You read the thread your way and I'll read it mine thanks. 

So you come into the thread, accuse people of "white knighting" and "gatekeeping" and then you refuse to point out the specific statements. You could point those statements out, but you don't wanna get into a measuring contest. Yeah, ok.

Look, I'm not trying to get into any kind of contest with you. I'm asking you to back up your accusations. If people really are "white knighting" and/or "gatekeeping" in this thread then it should be extremely simple for you to quote the exact post (and/or portion of a post) where they did that.

In my experience, people who are making honest accusations are more than happy to point out the exact infraction and back up their statements. While people who are making false allegations often get indignant and refuse to discuss it further.

Since you're psychic, can you tell which option I believe applies in this case?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

2. Fort Trident/The Crucible has nothing in it. There's really nothing special to it. There's no longer a vendor you turn hero/villain merits in to for things like recipes. That was removed. (Heck, Fort Trident was removed. Just had to go doublecheck my memory - took a level 50 hero, went to go into it, "you cannot enter.")

Well, obviously it's still there...as you discovered 🙂 But this has me thinking of creating a new thread.  Both areas are complete wastes of space, and something should be done with them. (Not to mention my constant rants about PDP/RMFC/55).

Back to your regular programming.

Oh.  It's a no from me on the insta 50. 

• Thumbs Up 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

6 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Instant 50 still needs to be slotted.

This was my main argument against in previous instant 50 threads.  I think it would really mess up the market.  And then those that are for it ask for proof which obviously is impossible to provide.  But i still feel that those enhancements that are generally in short supply with increased demand would skyrocket in price.  I cant prove myself right but i cant be proven wrong either and nobody on either side ends up convinced.  

9 hours ago, LightningDrone said:

I certainly like this cost better than the extremely low 20 million I put before. A Full Reroll Retcon (Might need a better name) is likely better than buying a Level 50 ticket. Forces new and veteran players to have earned the prerequisite experience and not a more elitist approach and charge hundreds of millions of influence, which would not be accessible to most players. 

I have a level 50 Claws/Reflexes Scrapper that I'm not a fan of very much. If I could have the character rerolled into another secondary power set such as Willpower... that would suit me much better. 

You can just...do that. Make a claws/willpower scrapper right now this very moment. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

3 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

So now you're too good to use a map?

(I had to, having misplaced my mental grasp of AP...)

Funny thing is, I *have* the map open by default. Upper left corner. I just didn't *look* at it. 🙂

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

25 minutes ago, Krimson said:

An instant 50 means less players farming. The reason I am for it is simple. No one would notice. If I went from 25 50s to 30 50s right now, who would even notice?

If everyone suddenly had demand for 5 new 50’s worth of IO’s and generated no new influence in the process, everyone would notice, via the market.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, TheZag said:

But i still feel that those enhancements that are generally in short supply with increased demand would skyrocket in price.

All set IO prices would increase.  Converters would allow invested players to turn undesirable IOs into desirable ones, thereby reducing the total supply of those in order to maintain a healthier supply of desirable IOs.  As the supply of undesirable IOs dwindled, the prices would, consequently, rise considerably.  Those increased prices would feed into increased prices for the desirable IOs.  There would be a ceiling, as merits would ensure that nothing went beyond a certain price, but the net effect would be a gradual trend of most IOs settling into a price similarity structure, with things like Nightmare IOs and Snipe set IOs being significantly closer to the price of LotG +Recharge IOs.  The "best" IOs, the ones which guarantee conversion to rares with a single converter, would be closest to the high value IOs, but the spread we see today, with some crafted IOs selling for 100,000 inf* or less and others selling for 8,000,000 or more, would be drastically narrowed, and those 8,000,000+ IOs would be far, far more expensive.

It's a simple supply:demand structure.  If you dump 10,000 brand new level 50s on the game in a single day, you're going to increase demand for enhancements by a similar amount, and if those 50s were all created without leveling, without acquiring drops, without accumulating inf*, without any means of self-sufficiency in slotting, the supply will correspondingly decrease as the demand spikes.

In short, bad shit happens and inflation goes through the heliosphere.

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

8 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I doubt that. I have bins full of Winter Enhancements and assorted other non ATO purples, as well as recipes and more salvage than I could ever use. You wouldn't notice because I would barely touch the market. I have been gathering resources for over two years. 

You’re an anomaly then. We can’t base the discussion on only you getting instant 50’s. If they are accessible as 20 million, tons of players would easily have several 50’s a day.

This is ofc all moot to me because I think it’s a dumb idea in general.

Edited by arcane

40 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Funny thing is, I *have* the map open by default. Upper left corner. I just didn't *look* at it. 🙂

That's my default loc, too. However, I didn't see the marker until I zoomed in to the max—it's all a jumble in that area. Mostly, I knew where the door was but couldn't remember which quadrant the pond was in...

And vewy, vewy quietwy...

Spoiler

I still think a separate server for insta-50s would address all these requests, remove the distortions from the regular servers and make everyone happy. But I've been told many times it's a Bad Idea. Bad. So.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

A Full Reroll Retcon!

Now THIS idea I can get behind! I'd love that option!

And someone above mentioned an insta-50 server?

Your wish is already granted:

Welcome to Brainstorm!

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Thanks 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

3 hours ago, Darmian said:

Well, obviously it's still there...as you discovered 🙂 But this has me thinking of creating a new thread.  Both areas are complete wastes of space, and something should be done with them. (Not to mention my constant rants about PDP/RMFC/55).

Yeah, I've only been there once just to see what it was like. The answer was "basically nothing" so I never went back. Even Pandora's Box sends you to an instanced version iirc of Fort Trident. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Welcome to Brainstorm!

No. A stable play shard with Insta-Level... but NOT "free everything for the click."

insta 50s is a very flawed construct but there is some merit to discussing it.

I have in the past supported variations.

the one I thought could work:

• at any level: reroll a character to same AT with ability to swap out primary or secondary or both, minus 10 levels
    • (additional gating/cost/etc to be determined) 
    • 10 levels is enough to get the feel of the new selection
    • 10 levels is not a penalty compared to what we'd get to do
    • 10 levels from 40-50 is still a good bit of game generating play
    • could be just for level 30 or higher
    • would I be willing to sacrifice 10 levels for this? happily

another:

• once at 50: have a way to select a different primary or secondary of the same AT. (gating/cost/etc to be determined) (yep you could just do it twice)
    • this would be very expensive
    • only available after making it to 50 (I don't really care so much how you got there)
    • no going from blaster to brute or similar

if someone created a character and wants to change swap an element.. I'm in support of that.

but not a change in archetype..

and not if they haven't even tried something.

Edited by Troo
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Just now, Troo said:

insta 50s is a very flawed construct but there is some merit to discussing it.

IMHVO, it works fine for those who want it and incessantly clamor for it... if it's isolated from the main body of the game. A separate shard, no transfers... and it has zero impact on game balance, economics, the balance of the player community who is not obsessed with max-build end-game play, and all the other elaborately-wrought arguments about how it's just the most terribleist idear evaahhhh.

But nobody listen to Zathras, so I'm surprised I'm even bothering to follow up on this again.

5 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

A separate shard

yeah.. that already exists on test. just convince your SG or more people to move there together.

the already present cost = impermanence

there is also Paragon Chat if the purpose is for folks who just wanna hang out.

( did I use 'impermanence' correctly? )

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 12/1/2021 at 2:54 PM, Aurora_Girl said:

We've. Gone. Over. This. Before. 

Who's "we"? 

I don't think an insta 50 token is needed nor would it be something available to brand new players.  With that said, the suggestion of making it unlockable after achieving certain things in game like badges and such plus an inf fee isn't such a terrible idea either.  As far as it impacting the market, not entirely sold on that idea either.  People are transferring stuff to alts anyway.

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Troo said:

once at 50: have a way to select a different primary or secondary of the same AT. (gating/cost/etc to be determined) (yep you could just do it twice)

• this would be very expensive
  • only available after making it to 50 (I don't really care so much how you got there)
  • no going from blaster to brute or similar

Liking the idea of an expensive Retcon/Legacy option for a 50 toon.  Got your badger to 1400+ badges, then they release a new powerset that fits their theme better?  Great, a retcon would allow you to keep your badges, and change out for that more thematic set.

As far as gating these swaps, I've seen a couple of good options here -

• Sacrifice a level 50 toon.  You can change all your stuff over to the new powerset combination, as long as you have an existing 50 with that new powerset combination.  The 50 you're replacing is deleted as part of the transfer (like a hero taking up their mentor's mantle, or Legacy).
  • @Greycat had a suggestion for account-wide, powerset mastery badges (like getting an Electric/ to 50 in each AT).  Want to Retcon your Fire/Fire blaster to an Elec/Elec?  You need to have that elemental mastery badge.  Since you've presumably already played the new powerset (or something similar) to 50, you wouldn't need to sacrifice a 50 with this system.  I wouldn't even mind cross-AT retcons with this system, as you've already proven that you've run that power theme across all the ATs anyways (that and, who knows?  They might release more ATs at some point, and as with the example above, it may fit better thematically).

Either way, you keep all your hard-earned badges, plus your customizations (macros, keybinds, etc.). 

As far as price, this should be expensive.  Maybe in the 20-30 Transcendant merit range, enough that you have to really want it.

8 hours ago, Excraft said:

Who's "we"? 

*gestures broadly*

• Like 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

18 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

*gestures broadly*

Right so you mean you.  Got it.  Again don't think this is needed since it's pretty easy to PL to 50, however the excuses for how it would destroy the game and the economy don't hold a lot of water either in my opinion.  There's MMOs out there that offer these under certain caveats so it's not like it's a foreign concept.