P2W Vendor: Level 50 Ticket (Cost: 20 Million Influence)

P2W Vendor: Level 50 Ticket (Cost: 20 Million Influence)

Go from level 1 to 50 rather instantly at the Pay To Win Vendor for 20 million influence.

Would it help substantially cut back on the number of new and veteran players begging for AFK door sitting spots on AE Farms?

Thanks,

Lightning Drone

Edited by LightningDrone
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

• LightningDrone changed the title to P2W Vendor: Level 50 Ticket (Cost: 20 Million Influence)

Make it at least a quarter of a billion or more, if not 500M or 1-2B, and sure.

I make 20 mil from 1 afk mission every time I leave my apartment. It has to cost a good bit more than what your farmer + lowbie can make on the farming route to 50 (after recipe sales) for the price to make any sense whatsoever.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 2

/jranger

We've. Gone. Over. This. Before. 

Seconding the 2,000,000,001 inf price tag. 

• Thumbs Up 7

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

11 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Ya don't say. (And please don't.)

11 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Seconding the 2,000,000,001 inf price tag. 

No, because that will just lead to endless clamoring to raise the Inf cap. Because, you know.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

2 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Dead-horse-theory.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Alright..... I probably don't know the COH Homecoming economy very well in terms of pricing P2W items. Going from Lvl 1 to 50 is basically skipping the tutorial which many of us don't need. The real game starts at lvl 50. Back in the olden days all players were required to complete the mini tutorial that demonstrates basic movement controls etc before entering either Atlas Park or Galaxy City (Zone no longer exists). More recently there was the option of skipping that mini tutorial. City of Heroes community has progressed to the point where there's many veteran players. Should veteran players have the option to skip levels 1-49? Or would that kill the entire graceful and progressive roleplaying experience for veterans? How would we measure who's a veteran player and who's not? 

59 minutes ago, LightningDrone said:

The real game starts at lvl 50

Well...

• Haha 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 hour ago, LightningDrone said:

The real game starts at lvl 50.

Uhhhhh.... no. Just ... no.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

41 minutes ago, Krimson said:

If a level 50 Token existed, it should be around the 100 million mark. The reason I say this is because it takes about two hours to farm a brand new toon to level 50. If you were to farm like that with two level 50s, a farmer and alt, you will probably get around 120-140ish million. Yes, you and I can make INF like it is nothing, but we have a player base full of people who have not mastered Mids, and who do not have multiple farmers, and with no idea of where to start making one, let alone financing it. 

If you set a price of a billion or more, then yes, the very wealthy players will buy them, and no one else. You essentially lock most of the player base from ever accessing one. And frankly, if it was that price, I'll be cranking up the farming and leveling people the tried and true way. Sure, I can pound out a billion in a couple of days if I am sufficiently motivated. Sure, people who play CoH as some sort of Stock Market MMO that just happens to have super powered characters, might be able to churn out a billion faster. How many people can do that? How many actively play and are online right now? What percentage of the player base can knock out a billion like it is nothing? Setting a price point that locks out most of the player base is just elitist garbage, and nothing more, and will do absolutely nothing to curb farming.

100 million is an accessible and achievable goal for any player who has at least one 50. Also, setting the price point lower will have an added benefit. That will be one less player who is asking for a farm in LFG. I'm a farmer though, so I don't care if LFG gets used for that, but apparently it triggers some players. So let's consider keeping it affordable and actually motivate some players to work for something. 

But all this is moot, and I really don't expect a Level 50 Token to be anything but topic for discussion. 

It needs to cost more than you can make farming to 50, not less. Otherwise farming is only the second most easily abused leveling method, and that is not something we want to be true in this farm abusing game. This is how I got to a quarter of a billion. Your logic but rounded significantly up, not down.

Making it less appealing than farming is kind of the whole point. It’s even lazier than farming and should be costly as a last resort. Otherwise, absolute hard no from me.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

It needs to cost more than you can make farming to 50, not less. Otherwise farming is only the second most easily abused leveling method, and that is not something we want to be true in this farm abusing game. This is how I got to a quarter of a billion. Your logic but rounded significantly up, not down.

Im not for a level 50 token but if one were to exist it would need to be something that couldnt be afforded every day.  Probably 2 weeks or more and of a price that gives the player pause to actually consider if they want to spend that much to purchase a instant 50.  I made the joke of 2 billion and 1 so it would be impossible to purchase but i think if a token were real it should be much more expensive.  Since the inf cap would only slow the AE farmers to a day or three and the marketeers to a few hours,  an influence price wouldnt be enough in my opinion.  Several thousand merits or several hundred emp merits i think would make players actually consider before making a purchase. 

You want a lvl 50 hero?  Sure,  that will cost 50 Hero Merits.

....No token please

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

Im not for a level 50 token but if one were to exist it would need to be something that couldnt be afforded every day.  Probably 2 weeks or more and of a price that gives the player pause to actually consider if they want to spend that much to purchase a instant 50.  I made the joke of 2 billion and 1 so it would be impossible to purchase but i think if a token were real it should be much more expensive.  Since the inf cap would only slow the AE farmers to a day or three and the marketeers to a few hours,  an influence price wouldnt be enough in my opinion.  Several thousand merits or several hundred emp merits i think would make players actually consider before making a purchase. 

....No token please

Right. If it is allowed to exist at all, it should be horribly wasteful and inefficient, only for the player who is perfectly adamant against lifting a finger to level his character, no matter the cost. Like buy-it-now prices on the market. Rash, ill-advised, but instantly gratifying.

I said in one of the many other threads with this same idea that if a token like this were to exist - and I don't think it should - we should be looking at 1 Transcendent per level.

4 hours ago, TheZag said:

....No token please

Agreeing mostly but no to one point and thats a so hard no that i did a thumbs down for it.

"You want a lvl 50 hero?  Sure,  that will cost 50 Hero Merits."

Hero Merits its not a valid currency, it can only be earned by 1 of the 4 (without counting praetorians) alignments.

Make it Empy, Astrals whatever, but nothing that not all char can earn.

Or just dont do a token at all (thats a valid point too) i wouldnt buy it anyways.

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

29 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

Hero Merits its not a valid currency, it can only be earned by 1 of the 4 (without counting praetorians) alignments.

I'm ... not sure what you're seeing. Old information, maybe, from when they were earned (I don't even recall how right off the top of my  head) to turn in for stuff at the Cauldron and Fort... whatever.

Now, thy're just holders for 50 reward merits at a time. You don't earn them. You go to a merit vendor and pick "Convert." Doesn't care what your alignment is.

(See image. Character is, was, and always has been pure blue. Option to convert to and from is there - and just did one of each for this shot.)

HVMerits.jpg

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

How about tokens to start at level 10, 20 or even 30? The first 20 levels take so little time but can be tedious to solo through, a token to bypass them don't seem like an unreasonable request. If I could sometimes hop straight to level 10, 20 or 30 I might do that, rather than go bother a farmer to join them for 20 minutes.

I wouldn't buy a level 50 token unless I'm trying to reroll a level 50 character that needs a new powerset, AT or origin.

What if the cost of a level 50 token is a level 50 character? You have to take your level 50 character and go to a special NPC, request a do-over and when you do, the token ends up in your email and you are instantly kicked off the game and the character is deleted. Your name is reserved for the usual 20-30 minutes. You'll lose your badges of course, that's the cost of starting over.

• Thanks 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

I'm ... not sure what you're seeing. Old information, maybe, from when they were earned (I don't even recall how right off the top of my  head) to turn in for stuff at the Cauldron and Fort... whatever.

Now, thy're just holders for 50 reward merits at a time. You don't earn them. You go to a merit vendor and pick "Convert." Doesn't care what your alignment is.

(See image. Character is, was, and always has been pure blue. Option to convert to and from is there - and just did one of each for this shot.)

HVMerits.jpg

Uhm u are the one Alignment that could earn Hero merits back on live , checked HCwiki now.. the entry is a bit unclear i will test it later on one of my Vigilante chars, removed the downvote for now.

That change must have happenend before i joined HC in November 2019 so i didnt saw anything about it in patch notes which i had read after joining. 🤨

Entering Fort Trident was another Part that only Hero's could do back on live so i nvr bothered trying it cause i only play Vigilantes/Rogues since it was introduced back on live.

Edit: just checked Vigilantes still cannot enter.

Hero Merits was earned by doing another Hero Morality mish when u was a Hero already back on live. Vigilantes/Rogues gain 40 Reward merits by doing the same (doing another Vigilante/Rogue Morality when they are Vigilante/Rogue already), thats my main income of Reward merits beside doing TF's/Trials.

Edit: checked in base yes conversion is available but Heroes earn 1 Hero per morality Mish, while Vigilante gain only 40 Reward Merits, conversion would cost 50 Merits, so its still not a valid currency cause some Alignments have to do more for it then others. (loss of 10 reward Merits per conversion compared to running it as Hero/Villain).

Edited by SuggestorK
added Info after Fact checking

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server