New Badges for things I was going to do anyway

Yomo Kimyata

Go web, go! - try to activate a disabled power 1,000 times when exemplared.

They love me! - hear 100 NPCs praising the efforts you did in previous missions.

Noooooooooo! - be defeated in the last 10 seconds of an Arc/TF tagged as a No Deaths Challenge.

On 12/5/2021 at 2:17 PM, JasperStone said:

Chatterbox - 1,000 hrs spent in chat

All about Dat Base - 1,000 hrs in base edit mode

Chatterbox is a badge already in game, for talking with several NPCs within one of Provost Marchand's (primal) story arcs. Maybe "I hate dead air" ?  (Dead air refers to disk jockey fears of there being any silence over the air. Even today, any radio station will either have dialogue, music or an ad of some kind playing. There's very rarely any time with no sound. ) 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Chatterbox is a badge already in game, for talking with several NPCs within one of Provost Marchand's (primal) story arcs. Maybe "I hate dead air" ?  (Dead air refers to disk jockey fears of there being any silence over the air. Even today, any radio station will either have dialogue, music or an ad of some kind playing. There's very rarely any time with no sound. ) 

Can You Hear Me Now? Would work too 🙂

15 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Liberty For All -- level up 49 times at the same trainer.

For me, this would be Swan Dive.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

24 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

For me, this would be Swan Dive.

How about training up at a different trainer each level? Friends in high places

Scratch that, if there weren't a badge for it, that's NOT something I would do anyway. 

Edited by Ukase

7 hours ago, 0th Power said:

I stand corrected. I was remembering it being “Richard” head. 

I need to rewatch it. 

edit- that was when he met Hans. “Drop it, d head.”

He says that to the Aryan dude after he uses the circular saw to lure him into position for an ambush (on the floor of the building where all of the construction supplies are being temporarily stored.  "Drop it, dickhead.  It's the police."

The first thing he says to Hans is, "Oh, I'm very sorry, Hans, I didn't get that message.  Maybe you shoulda put it on the bulletin board.", when Hans grabs the radio and says, "I thought I told all of you I wanted radio silence" after hearing the radio broadcast signal *kssshhhhhhhhk*.  That's just after McClane "waxed" Marco and Tony and used one of t.

He says, "Hi there" when he and Hans have their first face to face meeting (Hans is checking the C4 on the underside of the roof, hops down and encounters McClane holding a machine gun in his face).  Hans dissembles, adopting a "California accent", and momentarily convinces McClane that he's one of the hostages.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

Who dies that many times anyway?

Obviously, me.  That was why I posted that line in a thread titled, "New Badges for things I was going to do anyway".

But it's not twice per level.  Plenty of content, lots to do even after hitting 50.  I don't restrict my failure to levels 1-49, I go all the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Obviously, me.  That was why I posted that line in a thread titled, "New Badges for things I was going to do anyway".

But it's not twice per level.  Plenty of content, lots to do even after hitting 50.  I don't restrict my failure to levels 1-49, I go all the way.

I’m a little amused he’s implying some of us even start playing before 50. But yeah, plenty of faceplanting to be had after that!

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

He says that to the Aryan dude after he uses the circular saw to lure him into position for an ambush (on the floor of the building where all of the construction supplies are being temporarily stored.  "Drop it, dickhead.  It's the police."

The first thing he says to Hans is, "Oh, I'm very sorry, Hans, I didn't get that message.  Maybe you shoulda put it on the bulletin board.", when Hans grabs the radio and says, "I thought I told all of you I wanted radio silence" after hearing the radio broadcast signal *kssshhhhhhhhk*.  That's just after McClane "waxed" Marco and Tony and used one of t.

He says, "Hi there" when he and Hans have their first face to face meeting (Hans is checking the C4 on the underside of the roof, hops down and encounters McClane holding a machine gun in his face).  Hans dissembles, adopting a "California accent", and momentarily convinces McClane that he's one of the hostages.

I wrote Hans but edited it out because I realized I was a dumb a.  I didn’t even think it was Hans, no idea why I wrote it. I knew it was Karl’s brother, Tony, who I had to ashamedly look up the name.   All the more reason to watch it again. 

8 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

I wrote Hans but edited it out because I realized I was a dumb a.  I didn’t even think it was Hans, no idea why I wrote it. I knew it was Karl’s brother, Tony, who I had to ashamedly look up the name.   All the more reason to watch it again. 

It's Christmas, @0th Power, it's the time of miracles, so be of good cheer... and watch Die Hard again.

Karl, hunt that little clip down and get me those quotinators.

• Like 1

Flooring Inspector: Spend an hour being dead

Never Found the Body: While dead, have your body fall into a reset void (such as falling off the Shadow Shard)

Scrapperlocked: Die to the same enemy 5 times before defeating the enemy

Never Saw It Coming:  Die to an enemy outside of default render distance

Big Bada Boom: Die to an exploding building in Steel Canyon

How Embarassing!: At level 50, die to an enemy that is level 5 or lower

Who's Side Are You On?: Die to a confused ally

It's Not What It Looks Like: Kill an allied player while confused

Total Party Killer: While part of an 8-person team, kill your entire team while confused

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

14 hours ago, Luminara said:

It's Christmas, @0th Power, it's the time of miracles, so be of good cheer... and watch Die Hard again.

Karl, hunt that little clip down and get me those quotinators.

should give us a machine gun as a power.

Edited by wjrasmussen
more die hard
  • Thumbs Up 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

8 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

It's Not What It Looks Like: Kill an allied player while confused

Total Party Killer: While part of an 8-person team, kill your entire team while confused

I'd be very tempted to call that second one It Might Be What It Looks Like

• Thumbs Up 1

Shortest Path to Save the World - Spend 24 hours on sewer maps

(It's a minor trope... and a running joke among my goofball gamer friends... that in nearly any given game, video or tabletop, the shortest path to some critical objective will involve at least one sequence that takes place in a sewer. 😝)

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

One for every 10 levels you solo a build only to find out it doesn't work for you.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."