The Long Riders (trad/slow play SG-LFM)

cranebump

Welcome, you demon from hell!:-)

Looks like I'll need to go back and add some cowpoke elements to the toons. Speaking of: any costume is fine. However, might be a good idea if, when we ran in teams, we donned the western wear from an alt slot.

Vaya con carne, Riders. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I still plan to join with the psychic blast/SR sentinel ('Cerulean Cipher') I created for this group, but it will likely be after the winter event ends. I am working on a few of the event badges on my other characters in my somewhat limited playtime.

I've spent a decent amount of time on his costume, and I am not overly interested in adding western elements to it. If that is a dealbreaker, just let me know.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I still plan to join with the psychic blast/SR sentinel ('Cerulean Cipher') I created for this group, but it will likely be after the winter event ends. I am working on a few of the event badges on my other characters in my somewhat limited playtime.

I've spent a decent amount of time on his costume, and I am not overly interested in adding western elements to it. If that is a dealbreaker, just let me know.

Wearing cowpoke gear is not a requirement.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Alrighty then. I coughed one up JUST for SG runs. 😃   Chatted with Omega Fury earlier, but I was on my last mish for the night as he stepped in. I hope I can catch all of yous at the right time. Internet gods seem to be chill so far.

Quick question on crafting. I get the rules about crafting only drops and without handouts from Uncle Morebucks. How goes it with salvage components? If we've got the recipe be it whites or pvp, can we buy salvage from AH provided we can afford them? Hobo-style (which is how I play most toons) is strict even with salvage in that they have to come from drops.

Yes you can buy the components in AH. Speaking of, Acro has been somewhat busy crafting various IOS. Not a great deal of progress on getting full sets, but there are a couple with 2. I think most of them are around  L38-40. Hope other folks can make use of them.

As far as teaming, my usual play time is THU evenings. Hope to catch some of you!

Right-O. Got Mean Green Demon to level 20. Build's coming along fine as he can hold his own as long as I watch the blue bar and he doesn't get ganged up on. Hardly have anything slotted because drops have been slim. Connection to Torchbearer seems to be stable enough, though I did die twice from being mapserved, but I don't count those (I swear I had 'em).

I still have a handful of level 19 missions (because Cap Du Diable's got a bunch of good contacts). I'll park it there and wait for SG runs. As such, do we have a chat channel or discord so I can monitor if the Long Riders are mounting up? I'll be mostly in Reunion playing my solo alts. I'm global friends with Black Talon (Omega Fury), I wasn't quick enough to add Dona, and I can't believe we're not global friends, Crane. Anyhoo, I'll remedy that when we saddle up.

Roger that, hombre. I don’t have the discord channel at my fingertips but will get it to you. Just FYI: you are allowed to sell off things like converters to gain $$ for DOs SOs if you wanted them. The only what drops rule mainly applies to IOS.

Hey, all - I'll be on this eve, probably logging in around 5 pm EST.

I swear, I didn't even know about this badge.

image.png.8b6a0abf0da23e247649fa0626dd905d.png

Gotta love it when the game still surprises.:-)

image.png.082afe8098a543aa0c6cccfcecc68dab.png

Oh, FF, but it really WAS simple.:-) (or not...he floored ol' Tracklash couple times).

image.png.37ae2117e0bfe0ae3cd9520dad1231a7.png

And finally making Sergeant during the Ron Hughes arc.

I hopped on for a bit last night but it was later in the evening. I am not normally on before about 9PM eastern. I looked for the names I've seen posted but didn't see anyone else on. I was already level 2 (from the tutorial) and did a few missions from the intro contact to get to level 4. I stopped there, though, and what I may do going forward is only turn on XP during my own arcs. First priority, though, is getting an SG invite so that I can actually group up with the rest of y'all!

Current roster:

image.png

Edited by cranebump

FYI SG mates: There are no uni requires, of course. However, I've made SG togs for all my characters, basically utilizing red and white. I don't have any of them using the Longhorn emblem when in SG colors. Of course, not requires to run in colors at any time, but if we did, any sort of red/white would work.

Adios!

Meanwhile, on Excelsior...

image.png.22f2025e8cfc5a4f422e5fd465c3baac.png

Just another night in the Row...

Welcome Cerulean Cipher!

image.png.3ccc349ccee55f7f231f387ef99d8979.png

Tracks and the blue one took on a 'Dine ring tonight. Gave 'em whut fer!

• Like 1

Greets, gang. Did a big crafting round with Whipsmart's inventory. Dropped off quite a few IOs, both generic and set components. Quite a few freebies in the L20 range. 

Running Pennington arc in IP (Ubelmann story). Best thing? Where she appears:

image.png.71e77f61bf12308aa61ada944e5f32b4.png

And the fact that your fist mish is Board Transit.:-)

Had 4 of us online this morning! Got a team of 3 together for an impromptu run versus the Warriors:

image.png.5f7e2c1ee930860dc8650578c0ac1eb1.png

That sound you hear is Whipsmart faceplanting.:-)

Our posse was Cerulean Cipher, Mean Green Demon and ol' Whippy. Great run!

Edited by cranebump

Okay, folks, when next we (somehow) meet, Tracklash has got this guy in his queue:

image.png.53831a452a585434eeb36b461511e479.png

Be sure to grab some donuts before we go. 🙂