The Long Riders (trad/slow play SG-LFM)

cranebump

Running some Night Ward with Trackie today.

image.png.82858bdd3f6d579033ef119beb683a8f.png

Blap!

image.png.66620f9ab24ddb3fed4ba1bea1f178f3.png

What could possibly go wrong?

Recovered alt-Winkley's winky...er, remains. participated in ritual. Annnnnd now what?

image.png.4439683774591a171c556615c1e502da.png

Talons of Vengeance - that's what. Winding up...

And finally...

image.png.d47422298ffc656a4135698f36761b14.png

I get some help from Undead Montague, "Ward" (aka Spellfather) who was VERY hard on Lady Baddude (in the corner up there).

Nice arcs!

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• 2 weeks later

Hey there, Riders (I hear your hooves out there...somewhere...galloping in the distance). Wrapped up a big move and am in the new house. Got a new rig I'm gonna run in earnest some tonight. If anyone wants to team, contact me via global and I'll run with ya. I'll likely be running my goldsider, but will be happy to switch.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I am normally on most evenings, albeit a bit late (after 9PM-ish Eastern). However I am on 'pick family up from airport duty' tonight so there is a decent chance I won't be on tonight.

I got Cerulean Cipher to the key level of 22, and have started slotting the coveted level 25 common IOs. Those are his 'endgame' enhancements and will likely be his last upgrades until he retires from the slow ride and I slot him with set IOs at some point in the far distant future. I had thought about going on a recipe buying spree when he hit 22, to upgrade all his current slots at once. But, since I've done everything else the slow way, I am going to wait and just slot the common IOs as the recipes drop. At least until the level 25 recipes stop dropping, then I'll purchase whatever recipes I need to fill his remaining slots.

Hey, Chem! Yeah, choices, choices, right? I didn't get much play time in, thanks to the residuals of the move. Spent a lot of time unboxing and, because I don't want to unbox things for weeks, hit it pretty hard over the weekend. Did a short run of a few things THU (mainly chatted with @Darmian). Then went to grab some grub and never quite made it back. This coming week is sketchy as well. I have to attend evening functions at my work THU and FRI. Real life just keeps interfering with my gaming, man!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later

Rick Sterling is seeking the Wheel of Destruction. Along the way:

image.png.32c2871ae198d5afa91470a3ba46f971.png

Reading is not always FUN-damental.

• Like 1

Non-rider running here, Mr. Poe Kerr (cause Red Hot Poker was taken).:-)

image.png.373b32292c2de41499ef952ed2cc49d3.png

Gathered for easy disposal.

After getting a big assist with Marauder, Acro runs through the rest of Tina Mac:

image.png.2447ac459db762acec0f4484955a0803.png

Bet your ass, he is. My VG mates didn't fare so well, though they did help a great deal.

Afterwards, we have a little beach party with Adamaster, and teach him to do the Limbo:

image.png.f42195589db5bcc0a2f135b8f9937518.png

How lowww can ya go? How lowww can ya go? (pretty low, it turns out).

Edited by cranebump

Wash day around here while on vacay. In between:

image.png.48e059b4fd6c05aa149498de6383cfa2.png

Workin' on some Tina M stuff. Big robots. That's okay...I have a stick.:-)

Newest member Arkangel (bio still to write), taking on a decided chilly arc today:
image.png.d0dd0a41a6ae530497cc2ddaad05677c.png

Me chill out? How about you c-...never mind...

image.png.c4f8e4348747cd526e0f6a958968d935.png

Disneyland!

image.png.422fa2e4c0e4927dc491c868a65e3705.png

Come to me! Okay, I'll come to you! Wait a minute, you-...oh, for CHRISSAKES! HOLD STILL!

image.png.ae81afb9bf1b1913c8ec129aa7a8d45c.png

Hamstring? Don't mind if I do!

image.png.1920461141483d145145ddbef2daedc2.png

Someone should "block of ice" that idiot in the background.

Okay the real "key" to this is timing:

image.png.fd37b82ec06bfa43e51e0bb277c9c6bb.png

Just need a few more willing sacrifices, er, I mean "arrests" for the BBBB (big buffs before boss).

image.png.ef8744b9298ffac287c14855593eae47.png

So, if you walk in, erm, "uncarefully," you slide right into...well, THIS.

So, back we go:

image.png.64696ff49a1554a69de022b489ac0667.png

(Indiana Jones theme plays...but very quietly, 'cause...I got my ass kicked).

Just to be safe:

image.png.0a509445f827a02dc140643f205b4264.png

Bit of street sweeping to inch the bar a bit closer to lvling. I see my antithesis is lurking back there.

image.thumb.png.1d693228b69113a97353f89b4c71ef79.png

Thaaaat's the ticket...

You can guess how THIS went:

image.png.2a0ee44cb34960a3b746c409449d1916.png

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

In the end:

image.png.961c1e171213d484f1cd883412aa9dd3.png

So it's ADIOS to the Hollows. Well...less I want to take on Atta:

image.png.344260b6ad72b844b596d94481c9a041.png

So, for this guy, decided to start tracking his "Rider History," dealing with high points. Here's Mark Angel (aka Arkangel), vibing on his fledgling career:

image.thumb.png.19ef2ce3cf578a647cfd611f20839618.png

What are the highlights of YOUR ride?

NOTE: Just realized I picked Mutation. Magic woulda made more sense, but, as the bio sez, whaddaya gonna do?

Edited by cranebump

Mutation was the logical choice for Cerulean Cipher, but I cannot remember the last time I got a mutation DO/SO that wasn't at the end of an arc. I routinely sell trays full of Tech and/or Magic DOs and SOs, though! Good thing he finally leveled up enough to use level 25 IOs (although those are dropping more slowly than I had hoped).

My CoH time has been skewed of late much more toward mod production than towards actual play time, but I hope to correct that once I am done updating my mods and/or when page 4 is finally out.

I have been running the shining stars arcs.  Have to get to 15 before I can finish them. Other than the tutorial aspect I find I am liking them.

UPDATE: ran Stockwell/Eagle Eye, and finished Julius the Troll. Might finish Hollows before co I guess back to Twinshot #3 (and final).

Edited by cranebump

image.png.1851912770054faf4887163755605dfb.png

It's time.

Greeted with a sea of green.

image.png.a6e2e268d61de4d8973cbdd94a3128ce.png

If it's like this all along, I'm gonna need to pull some YUUUUGE mobs.

image.png.4472199f55edaf68cf26f5d5ad8b60a0.png

Ramping up to blues with some greens (doesn't that make yellow or something?)

Pulling a little "guard duty:"

image.png.e0aa93920b02efbdb0c94e684bbc6779.png

I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly- (THWAP!) ...relieved...

Ramp up in diff continues:

image.png.391f4141b610988a710e8b7c5181ef3b.png

Oh...you MIGHT actually hurt...a little...just a little...

So, once again...

image.png.30ad3d62a915dcc33195a695db2aa05e.png

Timing is everything. One big room done. Can I hit the level before Atta hits me?

image.png.914a652c74b47f256baeb390264125e2.png

And there's our boy. 

image.png.87fd96787f48daa5df8bc629cc974b2f.png

And there's our boy.

And there's my merits...

image.png.9b202e568ce75fd67906453189745876.png

For unlocking this nice man:

image.png.bef8d7e1bb9adf4abbba68ac502fc166.png

Now, now...don't get snippy...

THAT was a nice little run. Now back to the Shining Stars, and the last of their big arc.

Edited by cranebump

So, Riders, Arkangel has Cavern of Transcendence unlocked, if anyone ever wants to give it a go.

So, back to Twinshot. After working No Mind (i.e., learning the SK/Exemp system), I get this mish:

image.png.7cde1d39e9b1fdd0106e40c483041a9c.png

And what better place to check this out than:

image.png.9cf4a7a9349635736e4abdac6b4a308f.png

Ahhhh...clever girl, tutorial...

Finished all of Shining Stars. With the 3 merits I got there, plus 20 more from Talshak, Ark has over 100 merits. Haven't had to tap any for seed $$, but things are starting to get expensive. I've managed to slot DO's in everything, with a handful of SO's. Will probably need a deep into the pool to keep up at this point. Enjoying my little Sword/Shield dude. Bit slow on the attacks, but, now that he's gotten into the teens, his defenses are buffed up enough to stand tall against...most things (CoT...obviously a personal nemesis, considering BG...they be drainers, man).

NOTE: In finishing last of Twinshot's 3 arcs, found nugget I didn't know - Det. Martins moonlights as an unregistered hero, Shadow Commando. No artwork available for him, and he doesn't seem to appear in any missions anywhere, so I may have my next AE mish idea.

Edited by cranebump

Oi Kemosabe, AbovetheChemist. Been a while.

Haven't been blessed by the internet gods with a decent connection lately so I've been trying out different times to log in to see which works best. I've also been quite invested in my Redside permadeath PB, just dinged 40 earlier. This is after (finally) completing a Hardcore Beam/Dev Blaster (twice... thank you very much, didn't get proof before he died after t4 alpha, so I did him over). MGD is still parked at thirty something. Gave him a new costume that's more Riders-appropriate... and renamed to Gallows. 😃 

Another SG mate, Black Talon, and I bump into each other quite a lot.

Okay, Riders. Since Arkangel now has the Karsis unlocked, I'll be running (or attempting to run) Caverns of Transcendence this SAT, 07/23, at approximately 4 PM EST.  Hope to see some members there. H'YAH, ponies! H'YAH!

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Cavern_of_Transcendence_Trial#Missions 

On 7/21/2022 at 8:44 AM, cranebump said:

SAT, 07/23, at approximately 4 PM EST

Unfortunately I am going to be at a film festival all weekend (and watching Rashomon at that specific time). Hope everyone has fun though!

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:43 AM, Six-Six said:

That makes it 4AM Sunday in my corner of the flat earth. Sounds doable. I'll prepare a sugar-rich offering to the internet deities. 

You magnificent bastard. Have a gold star.:-)

Omega Fury's already done CoTrans, but we'll be seeing an alt in there, so...all good. The plan is to sweep the whole damned thing.:-)

Well, the Caverns gave us a lesson in humility. Didn't try to stealth until we wiped twice, and came all the way back in. Just got the boss door open when we got splunched by ambush from one side, and Kaago's minions from another. Ran out of clock. We had a stealther, but weren't speeding. Next time, maybe.

Thanks to Black.Talon for coming out, and to our non-Rider stalwarts, who hung in there on our team of 4. I did not screenshot the names, so I can only remember General Fire. 

NOTE TO SELF: Trials are freakin' serious bizness, yo.:-)

No worries, kemosabe. Might try a reload next week. Make sure to get a full team. I think some folks didn't jump in because I announced it was not a speed run. 

Back to Trackie and the ward mishes. Never know what you'll find out here:

image.png.7a08b989a30bb9bc49e591706f6fa62e.png

Um...hello...kitty...