Don't bro. M0r3 p0w3rZ

Troo

7 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Why would Foot Stomp get you scolded? It's a Knock Down unless you Foot Stomp Clockwork.

I believe it was the poster child for KB until some post-Live change. I know I caught a lot of grief for using it, even in "ideal" conditions like a small crowded room, because it screwed up the AoE players' perfected style. (Everyone else, mostly melee types, appreciated having a dozen foes knocked on their 'toon asses and disoriented, then aggroed on the tank.)

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

PnP

does that mean pen & paper? honest question. I'm not calling you old.

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I actually like knockback, and appreciate more so when it's used in a fashion that is conducive to my desire for speed and efficiency. That said I've long thought that KB should do bonus impact damage for a target getting forcibly flung into a wall or off a cliff or hard into the ground.

"KB should do bonus impact damage for a target getting forcibly flung into a wall or off a cliff or hard into the ground."

I agree, this would be in my opinion a great addition. And fun.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

37 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

I believe it was the poster child for KB until some post-Live change. I know I caught a lot of grief for using it, even in "ideal" conditions like a small crowded room, because it screwed up the AoE players' perfected style. (Everyone else, mostly melee types, appreciated having a dozen foes knocked on their 'toon asses and disoriented, then aggroed on the tank.)

Foot Stomp never did Knockback. Hand Clap on the other hand...but with a KB to KD in it, it's wonderful now.

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

run into a lot more trolls using KB as their weapon-of-choice than bad Stalkers or prima donna Tanks. 

Interesting. I definitely see bad Stalkers. (I'm fairly judgmental of my brethren)

Tanks.. okay if they are doing some heavy sponging I am obliged to play to their preference.

Knockback, maybe I give folks using it willy-nilly too much benefit of the doubt. I assume inexperience or don't know different. (even at high levels)

Edited by Troo
pretty colors
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

So, about this PnP thing...

My 18 year old just started a D&D campaign with a few of his friends.  They roped in an older DM College kid studying to go into Business Law.  This DM actually gets PAID to run games!  About $22 per hour!  I was actually impressed that he was actually socially adept and looked like he knew what personal hygiene was.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Troo said:

..aoe knockback

"can't you see I'm herding"

..st knockback

"dude"

"you keep knocking them out of my patch"

..pew pew

"i going pull them to this corner"

..pew pew

"dude"

..aoe knockback

"What the heck bro"

..aoe knockback

"F#$@!!!!!! WHYYYYY!!!"

"..but M0r3 p0w3rZ"

..pew pew

"come on bro"

..st knockback

-PUGs

not all players play the same or want the same things

That's way more conversation then I see in 80% of the ITF and Tinpex PuGs I join.

• Haha 3

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

11 hours ago, Redletter said:

Nyeeeheheh, my plan is slowly coming to fruition!

Soon, the demand for KB>KD will be so great, that the devs will put Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown in P2W, free for any and all!

F O R E V E R

It would be better if powers that did knock back, had a separate slot reserved just for said Sudden Acceleration IOs. I mean, if I am in control of my powers and how to use them, why can I not decide the severity of the knock? The largest complaint here is that players who don't want Knock Back, have to literally use up a slot to make it knock down instead. Powers with knock back need to have a reserved slot for this. Either that or it needs to be a toggle.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

It would be better if powers that did knock back, had a separate slot reserved just for said Sudden Acceleration IOs. I mean, if I am in control of my powers and how to use them, why can I not decide the severity of the knock? The largest complaint here is that players who don't want Knock Back, have to literally use up a slot to make it knock down instead. Powers with knock back need to have a reserved slot for this. Either that or it needs to be a toggle.

I-It was a j-joke...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Resident certified baby

1 minute ago, MrAxe said:

Not seen him in a long time but on Excelsior there was a hero by the name of Knockdown Town. He even put in his bio that he specifically knocked down, not back. Sure fire sign if ever there was one that its so hated.

My nrg/storm cor is Knockback Nancy. I suspect she'll solo most of the time.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

My nrg/storm cor is Knockback Nancy. I suspect she'll solo most of the time.

Depends on the team. On teams that like Knock Back, I can see it being extreme fun having 8 players all using knock back powers, the chaos could be a lot of fun. Hell, even I, the Knock Back Hater from Hell would love to get in on that action, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

Depends on the team. On teams that like Knock Back, I can see it being extreme fun having 8 players all using knock back powers, the chaos could be a lot of fun. Hell, even I, the Knock Back Hater from Hell would love to get in on that action, lol.

Pretty sure my SG already ran an all storm ITF. I'll have to ask. I was probably drunk at the time.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Staying out of other people problems that don't concern you is also a good tool for forums. Unless of course you just like the attention.

Wow, I didn't realize KB vs KD was a religion.

• Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Let he who has never had targets knocked out of a patch, a debuff anchor defeated early, or some plan go awry.. cast the first stone.

It likely happens to everyone at some point.

Stuff happens.

The idea of this thread was to explore some topics in a fun way. Please try and keep comments in that spirit.

@Solarverse @Shenanigunner This is a safe place.

This one time, the team leader was trying to give directions & I was like stab.. stab, stab, "wut? i missed that".

They politely repeated the directions..

and I was like 'oh, me scrapper. my bad', stab, stab, stab.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is the exact reason why I don't pug, or pay attention to what people type.

I only play with the members in my VG and we use teamspeak. This thread ties into my reasoning on @Ukase post Puzzled...why?

I see my reactions to some of you folks and how you react to each other and that's why I don't team or trust anyone in helping get specific badges.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Pulling early

Pulling to corners

Maximizing patches

People playing different ways on the same team

Dude play my way pleas

Some folks on voice chat and others.. not

Stalkers running to the end of the map, and staying there for the duration.. without recall or similar.. mission after mission

Blasters over shooting the current target group and enraging the next

stuff happens, it's mostly funny (at least to me) (until it isn't and I get that too)

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1