Listing of Devs/GMs with area of specialty.

The_Warpact

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

The devs from live surely played incognito in the game...

I know for a fact that they did.

I remember the final days of the CoH forums, right before The Snap, and a lot of ordinary forum folks posted that they were or had been devs on the game, and what they did. In some cases they even posted what their dev name was.

No, I didn't take any screenshots because everything was about to be closed down so there didn't seem to be any point to doing so. I wonder if any of those posts from the final days will show up in the Wayback Machine?

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

7 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

My two inf on this, is that knowing this is useful, but please don't abuse the knowledge.  

You don't need to PM a volunteer DIRECTLY RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOU HAVE A SIGNIFICANT ISSUE!  I volunteer on a lot of stuff and I don't give my direct information to just anyone, because I've learned that many many people spam me with requests that are very very important to them right now right now. 

You just described every user trying to bypass the established contact methods on every IT support desk for which I've ever worked.  🙄

• Haha 1

Likewise, and very much agreed!

There is more than one excellent reason for superheroes to have a secret identity!

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

10 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I know for a fact that they did.

I remember the final days of the CoH forums, right before The Snap, and a lot of ordinary forum folks posted that they were or had been devs on the game, and what they did. In some cases they even posted what their dev name was.

Pretty sure I remember this too, I was positive I had run into one of the devs on thier MM at the black market on Cap once (it was a memorable character name, but I've since forgotten it).

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 2 weeks later

Updated: Also, see 'Staff' Section on the Browse tab of the forums to show all this with forum avatars too.

Okay here's what I gathered based on my interactions on the forums, official Discord, and in game:

Homecoming Team:
     Jimmy - 
Generally the lead when announcing major updates or information pertaining to the Homecoming community. 
     Cipher - Posts announcements and monthly donation windows. Pays the bills and deals with the financials.
     Number Six - Technical team / server and system guru 
     Telephone - Technical team / server and system guru
     Buckets - Technical team
     Flowers - Back end tooling for the team

Game Masters: There are a lot… they are all helpful and professional. Depending on who is working the current shift/region/server, a different GM will respond to support tickets or requests for in game help. Full list of GMs available at: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/staff/
GM’s below:
     GM Widower
     GM Korvin
     GM Kal
     GM Conviction
     GM ColdSpark
     GM Kaiju

GM Tempest
GM Sparky
GM Crumpet 
Support ticket master
GM Joji
GM GoodNyght
GM Helferlein
GM Impervium
GM Mimiru
GM Quasar
GM Willow
GM Kiwi
GM Arael
GM Flints
GM Navigator
GM Aegis

They are all highly trained and specially selected great folks that operate under an exacting code of conduct, and GM Kal is very glad to work with all of them!

GM Bot is their remote control bot that can do commands and send announcements, not an actual person, and is not automated in any way (other than cute replies when you do a /tell!)

GM Solace
GM Manga / 
Manga
GM Globetrotter
Are not currently Homecoming GMs, but are valued consultants.
And every Mac user has Manga to thank for being able to play CoH.

And Michiyo - Consultant, and runs the Homecoming Wiki and FBSA websites

Most all of the Homecoming staff groups work on a consensus basis for any important decision. 

Homecoming Developers:
     Cobalt Arachne - Self-proclaimed villain developer. Most recent work includes the Dr. Aeon SF.
     Naomi - Costume and Emote Developer
     Piecemeal - Story developer. Most recent work includes the Dr. Aeon SF. Brought new life in to the Vahz, Freakshow, and looking at revamping the Warriors.
     Captain Powerhouse - Power and house Developer
     The Curator - Patch Notes Developer
     Faultline - Bit of everything Developer
     Booper - Powers and enhancement Developer
     Player-1 - Powers Developer
     Zanshin - Unknown Developer

The CareTaker - Unknown Developer

Edited by Glacier Peak
Added input from GM Kal
  • Thanks 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• Lead Game Master

I'm not a lead, but, aw, thanks!

Flowers I may or may not get back to you on. Some of our staff want a certain level of anonymity, so I just want to clear it before I spill any beans.

That said, don't feel bad about posting any of this, anything you've been able to glean is 99% likely fair game to be disclosed.

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

2 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

Flowers I may or may not get back to you on. Some of our staff want a certain level of anonymity, so I just want to clear it before I spill any beans.

That said, don't feel bad about posting any of this, anything you've been able to glean is 99% likely fair game to be disclosed.

Fair enough! That is why I made your's blue 😄

I totally understand the anonymity though!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

9 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

Yeah, like I stated earlier in the thread, it wasn't my intention to cause any ill intent. I was just curious, I see names and don't know who they are, or I don't see some for a long time and one can wonder upon such things. Thank you for all that you folks do!

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Do the HC developers still talk to the original Devs?  I have crackpot conspiracy theories that there are a few Live Decs with HC who managed to snag the base game code, how else were they able to get it?  Intern Jimmy  "accidently walking" out with a game server to be repaired by IT and forgot to return it 🙄

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

The story there was that one of the devs snuck the source code to a prolific community member just after Live shut down. Said player then spun up the game as a private, invite-only server, which was kept mostly under wraps for about 6 years.

Then a bunch of STUFF happened, the server was revealed, and the guy released the source code for anyone who wanted to make their own server. Cipher was one such person, and was one of the first people to get a stable service up and running for more than a few weeks.

I'm being vague and not naming names because it was and still is a huge source of DRAAAMAAAA so the less said the better.

That said I'd be supersuprised if none of the live devs didn't play here or weren't involved in some capacity.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Game Master

Yellow names are the Homecoming admin team. They do all the day to day running of stuff, some do maintenance, others do more backend stuff. The devs do what devs do, I assume it involves cake, pizza and screaming along the lines of "Why won't it work?? It worked earlier, why won't it work now?? And now it's working why is that broken??" repeatedly.

Green names are associate admins who do important work like hosting the wiki, maintaining and updating the Mac client, helping players with quite technical questions, and generally being on the side of the Admin tree rather than inside it.

Orange are Leads, who are GM's with more responsibilities who are generally the final arbiters when it comes to disputes, then you have the day to day GM's like me And Impervium. We hang around, chatting, doing tickets, pulling Amy out of rocks, that kind of thing. We try to give good advice to players, but sometimes we get it wrong and players take great delight in pointing that out. "You said it gave +5% accuracy, but I think you'll find it's actually +5.25%...." 🙂 

There is a lot of overlap, so it's not like this Dev is only involved in costumes and that Dev is only involved in power proliferation. They have their areas of expertise but it's a team effort and a lot of stuff is a collaboration.

As for DMing anyone, if you have a ticket reply off a GM and you want to discuss it then please feel free to do so. Otherwise pop it in a ticket. We do look at them all and will pass them upwards to the relevant person if need be. DMing anyone not in the actual GM team will probably not get a reply. 

As for roles and identity, some people like to do their thing in peace and quiet and anonymity . Others enjoy interacting on discord or the forum. It's just a personal choice and they may well be lurking in game or on here in their player accounts.

And considering that up until recently I was the main GM responding to tickets, I'm sad nobody mentioned me 😞 

😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Game Master
28 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

The story there was that one of the devs snuck the source code to a prolific community member just after Live shut down. Said player then spun up the game as a private, invite-only server, which was kept mostly under wraps for about 6 years.

Then a bunch of STUFF happened, the server was revealed, and the guy released the source code for anyone who wanted to make their own server. Cipher was one such person, and was one of the first people to get a stable service up and running for more than a few weeks.

I'm being vague and not naming names because it was and still is a huge source of DRAAAMAAAA so the less said the better.

That said I'd be supersuprised if none of the live devs didn't play here or weren't involved in some capacity.

Reasonably accurate, especially the whole drama thing. People seemed to be highly offended they weren't invited to play, as if it was a personal slight against them. The reality of course is that it was secret because they were trying to keep it alive and didn't want NCSoft closing them down.

As for original devs and moderators, I personally haven't seen any, or had someone reveal that they were, but it doesn't mean they aren't about. I'd love it if some of them were . I met War Witch at a convention once and she was awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, GM Crumpet said:

Reasonably accurate, especially the whole drama thing. People seemed to be highly offended they weren't invited to play, as if it was a personal slight against them. The reality of course is that it was secret because they were trying to keep it alive and didn't want NCSoft closing them down.

As for original devs and moderators, I personally haven't seen any, or had someone reveal that they were, but it doesn't mean they aren't about. I'd love it if some of them were . I met War Witch at a convention once and she was awesome.

As far as I'm concerned, Homecoming is what CoH should've been back in the legacy days. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

6 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

And considering that up until recently I was the main GM responding to tickets, I'm sad nobody mentioned me

Should've named yourself GM Bagel.  Everyone loves bagels.  It's even fun to say.  Bagel!  Bagel bagel bagel!  Wooooooooooo!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• Game Master
7 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Should've named yourself GM Bagel.  Everyone loves bagels.  It's even fun to say.  Bagel!  Bagel bagel bagel!  Wooooooooooo!

I don't really like bagels. I've tried them a few times and even fresh they feel stale. It seemed a waste of the bacon lettuce and tomato

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Okay, so Flowers does back-end tooling that supports the GM team. Our job would be 378% harder (or at least more tedious) without the work they've put in!

I'll admit when I wrote "back end tooling" in my updated post, I thought you were trying to pull a fast one on me, but I'm sure it means something non-freudian 😄 

• Confused 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

• Retired Lead Game Master

Who made this list, GM Impervium?
I just wanted to thank the *entire* Homecoming GM team that didn't get mentioned.

GM Tempest
GM Sparky
GM Crumpet
GM Joji
GM GoodNyght
GM Helferlein
GM Impervium
GM Mimiru
GM Quasar
GM Willow
GM Kiwi
GM Arael
GM Flints
GM Navigator
GM Aegis

They are all highly trained and specially selected great folks that operate under an exacting code of conduct, and I am very glad to work with all of them!

GM Bot is our remote control bot that can do commands and send announcements, not an actual person, and is not automated in any way (other than cute replies when you do a /tell!)

GM Solace
GM Manga /
Manga
GM Globetrotter
And every Mac user has Manga to thank for being able to play CoH.

Michiyo - Consultant, and runs the Homecoming Wiki and FBSA websites

Cipher pays the bills and deals with the financials.

Most all of the Homecoming staff groups work on a consensus basis for any important decision. 

Edited by GM Kal
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, GM Kal said:

Who made this list, GM Impervium?
I just wanted to thank the *entire* Homecoming GM team that didn't get mentioned.

GM Tempest
GM Sparky
GM Crumpet
GM Joji
GM GoodNyght
GM Helferlein
GM Impervium
GM Mimiru
GM Quasar
GM Willow
GM Kiwi
GM Arael
GM Flints
GM Navigator
GM Aegis

They are all highly trained and specially selected great folks that operate under an exacting code of conduct, and I am very glad to work with all of them!

GM Bot is our remote control bot that can do commands and send announcements, not an actual person, and is not automated in any way (other than cute replies when you do a /tell!)

GM Solace
GM Manga /
Manga
GM Globetrotter
And every Mac user has Manga to thank for being able to play CoH.

Cipher pays the bills and deals with the financials.

Most all of the Homecoming staff groups work on a consensus basis for any important decision. 

I appreciate adding all these, I'll edit my list to include them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour