What is the best mob in game?

GM Xellx

• Retired Game Master

Personally, i love the paranomal types - ghosts and alike so the halloween event stuff always pulled me in! along with doing the GMs!!

So what about you guys - what monster types and groups did you enjoy punching in the face?

hexapixel_alpha.png

Devouring Earth Giant Monsters, no contest. Made me feel truly epic when I fought them with a dozen other heroes. And when they strolled through King's Row randomly sometimes? My low level self crapped my pants.

I'm out.

I have vivid memories of the first time I saw DE giant monsters in Kings Row, when I was like level 7 on my first character.  I did the tutorial and knew that purple meant 'you're probably not ready for this'. No sidekicking in i1 either.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 2 weeks later

I think my ultimate favourite will always be Lusca.  Because sometimes, being a hero means beating 1000 tons of angry calamari with your bare fists.... ;)

I also love Arbiter Sands- I wish he turned up more, honestly.

As for a general mob type, that's a hard call- probably the Lost, for their weird and creepy mutant traits, and their crazy trash body armour.

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

Rikti Monkeys.

There was something just hilarious about being in certain zones and accidentally landing in a huge mob of Rikti Monkeys, which immediately hit you with psionics and paralyzed you.

And then like 50 monkeys stomped you into the ground and jumped up and down on your body.

Other than that, I love the Devouring Earth. True test of how good you are with your targeting, area observation, and power mastery.

I'm biased about it, but I think the Circle are good fun. I love the variety of the mages, demons and thorn casters, and their whole "Well, yeah. We're fifteen-thousand year old body-snatching ghosts. OF COURSE we're spooky!"-thing.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

The Vahzilok are pretty beefy for the level you get to face them at. They're a significant step up in faction variety and complexity compared to the dyne-slinging street gangs you've been butting heads with up to that point. I like them for that, they make me feel like I'm taking my first step into serious heroics.

But dang those crossbows hit pretty hard sometimes.

The Vahzilok are pretty beefy for the level you get to face them at. They're a significant step up in faction variety and complexity compared to the dyne-slinging street gangs you've been butting heads with up to that point. I like them for that, they make me feel like I'm taking my first step into serious heroics.

But dang those crossbows hit pretty hard sometimes.

They also have some pretty awesome designs going on- and Dr Vahzilok himself is a true nightmare creature, design wise.

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

Ever since I first ran into them, the Malta Group have been far and away my favorite enemy group in the game.  The way Indigo and Crimson introduce you to them is fantastic.  I hadn't heard about them at all and I was like, "Who ARE these guys?!  They're super tough and mysterious!", and I was hooked from that point on.  I love the super-tech, black-ops secret society vibe they have going, I love their mechs, I love that they present even max level characters with a challenge if you aren't paying attention, that you have to plan each fight with them at least a little bit ahead of time or they will rapidly screw you over.  I love the writing for their storylines and the feeling that you're delving into the shadowy underpinnings of the superhero world.  No other enemies in the game come close to how awesome and fun they are and how satisfying it is to beat their bigoted secret-agent asses.