No influence while farming

Libertyguard

No, that's very strange.  Do you have your notoriety turned down really low (level -1, or something)?  That's the only thing I can think of.  Either that, or you still have a double xp or quarter xp booster from the P2W going.  

Apart from that, I got nothing.  Sorry.  🤷‍♂️

Can't have an xp boost active at level 50. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Can you still turn on "SG Mode" even though prestige isn't a thing anymore?  Maybe it got clicked on accidentally?

EDIT: I went in and killed a critter in non-SG mode, then switched to SG mode and killed another critter.  Both got XP, so my theory is shot.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are you farming things that offer no XP /inf, such as the such as unlimited CoT portal-spawned demon minions,  or the unlimited portal-spawned rikti in the "recover the container/ Hero1 mission in RWZ, or something so low that it cons grey?

Edited by PsiBug

What are you farming?

Simply saying you're 50 doesn't give us enough information. Throughout CoH's live run, they tweaked and altered things to avoid inf/xp farms. Sometimes this included reducing rewards to 0 (like the demons spawning from certain CoT portal rooms). Sometimes, when those things spawned, for some reason a variant of the spawn was overlooked in the purge so they did still give xp. Then, when incarnate systems came around, they applied incarnate xp to ALL and didn't go through to find the xp/inf things that were devalued.

Or is this simply that you aren't getting any influence, but XP (incarnate and otherwise) is fine?

If that's the case, you've probably hit the Influence cap per character. Last I heard it was 2 billion (on live), this may have been changed post live. I can't say, since I haven't bothered getting there again.

Edited by Dragotect

When you started up the farm did you pick the standard rewards or the AE specific option (tickets)? It's been ages since I did that, so I don't remember if that actually hits the INF as well as the recipe/etc rewards... But it's a thought. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

If it says you are earning Incarnate XP, then you don't have them all unlocked. 

2 billion is the influence cap.  You cannot have more than that on a single character.  Send some in an email to another character.

Edited by Ura Hero

sorry for long delay ive been experimenting. Ive logged on another level 50, i get incarnate xp...and tons of influence. Yet on that one character i get zero influence. Once in a great while i get it for one mob or another but usually nothing. I also have zero influence on him.

i have earn xp turned on...no double xp booster(it turns off at 50 anyway but i figured id state it)

Edited by Libertyguard

11 hours ago, Libertyguard said:

no double xp booster(it turns off at 50 anyway but i figured id state it)

No, it does not. It will not influence Vet or Incarnate XP but will cut your Influence. This is why 3 people in this thread said to check it. Good Luck

5 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

No, it does not. It will not influence Vet or Incarnate XP but will cut your Influence. This is why 3 people in this thread said to check it. Good Luck

That has not been my experience.

The times I have leveled to 50 I've seen it switch immediately to XP & influence from 2xp.  The 2xp power is still in my powers list, but doesn't have any bearing.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/13/2022 at 12:11 PM, Dragotect said:

Sometimes this included reducing rewards to 0 (like the demons spawning from certain CoT portal rooms).

They actually moved the XP from the spawned demons to the portals themselves -- originally the portals didn't give much XP, but after the change, any character with a fast-recharging hold could farm those maps for a ton of XP. You hold the portal and it stops spawning demons, allowing you to destroy it at your leisure. Destroy all the portals, exit and reset, repeat.