No enhancements build challenge?

SunSetSam

15 minutes ago, archgemini24 said:

Katana/Regen Scrapper or Brute? Only 1 toggle (Integration, and it helps boost Regen), Quick Recovery and Moment of Glory. Defense Debuffing in Katana to help keep hitting things, then the Defense in Divine Avalance and knocks in Soaring Dragon and Golden Dragonfly the help with slowing down incoming damage?

Claws would also work as it is End friendly. No slotting means it won't be as fast, but Focus and Shockwave can provide solid mitigation. Yes, you won't have the KB/KD proc, but I took a Claws/regen Scrapper to 50 without it, and honestly, it still works fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

24 minutes ago, archgemini24 said:

Katana/Regen Scrapper or Brute? Only 1 toggle (Integration, and it helps boost Regen), Quick Recovery and Moment of Glory. Defense Debuffing in Katana to help keep hitting things, then the Defense in Divine Avalance and knocks in Soaring Dragon and Golden Dragonfly the help with slowing down incoming damage?

Threw a Mids build together and added the Body Mastery Epic for Physical Perfection.  With Integration on, the resting stats are:

image.png.9ae06791354a5f14982c5acff68c7803.png

Methinks you win 😄

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

So far a katana/regen brute is the strongest/fastest starter character. We will see if it hold up mid and high levels. The fire/rad tank is doing well too.  Makes me a bit too reckless and might be my first death, not yet but soon.

Edited by SunSetSam

4 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

One of the happiest to hit 50 characters I have done was a Plant/storm since I knew I could use the alpha to fix end issues, and that's with at least common IO slotting. I would absolutely avoid Storm for something like this.

I've personally never found /Storm to have the endurance issues it seems to have a reputation for.  Maybe it's my own playstyle with it, don't know.  Yes it can use the blue bar but I've never found it problematic to the point of requiring the Alpha Slot to fix any issues I was having and that's doubly true solo where the pacing is far more under my control.  And for this especially if I wanted to go for it above +0 there's a lot to love about the pairing even with endurance challenge present.  Can you tell it's one of my favorite pairings in general?

10 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I've personally never found /Storm to have the endurance issues it seems to have a reputation for.  Maybe it's my own playstyle with it, don't know.  Yes it can use the blue bar but I've never found it problematic to the point of requiring the Alpha Slot to fix any issues I was having and that's doubly true solo where the pacing is far more under my control.  And for this especially if I wanted to go for it above +0 there's a lot to love about the pairing even with endurance challenge present.  Can you tell it's one of my favorite pairings in general?

To be honest, I play aggressively. I had less end issues when I held back and played casual.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

13 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

To be honest, I play aggressively. I had less end issues when I held back and played casual.

Likely.  I too tend to play everything as if it's a rabid scrapper including my Earth/Storm(s).  But I'd also say I find a lot a ways to divert myself between bursts when solo -> comment or just reading in chat on something, look up something in the wiki, the forums or toggle out to see peek at Mids or just grab/take a drink all of which slow my actual pace down sometimes a lot.  With decent end recovery the blue bar bounces back pretty quick.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:13 PM, SunSetSam said:

So far a katana/regen brute is the strongest/fastest starter character. We will see if it hold up mid and high levels. The fire/rad tank is doing well too.  Makes me a bit too reckless and might be my first death, not yet but soon.

Same Kat/Regen here, but I (probably mistakenly) went Scrapper.  Because it's an endurance challenge, I named him "Gasper"...

I've taken every primary (except taunt) and secondary, as they came up.  I've added Hasten, Super Speed and Stealth (for the object-only missions) and solo'd - blue side contacts- to lvl 28. 

#1, End isn't my problem.  Accuracy/To Hit is.  Reason I added Hasten, was for recharge, because I whiff so much.  Survivability was dicey in the 10s - teens range, but now, with Reconstruction, Dull Pain and Instant Healing (and a purple insp drop here and there), I'm not dying.  Much of my leveling is in street sweeping, so right now am in IP, and +1 mobs of Tsoo and Family are a slog, but not really dangerous, per se.

#2, I cannot kill AVs, solo, even at -1.  Had to abandon a solo DFB early on and had to drop the Skulls arc douchebag boss to EB, from AV, at around lvl 12 (yeah, yeah, I know..."who's the douchebag now")...  Embarrassing, for a scrapper, for sure.  No regen debuff = can't do enough damage to finish them...especially with the misses.

#3, surprisingly doable, without Enchanting Enhancements.  Gonna keep going.

Edited by PLVRIZR
reworded
  • Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I would probably go with a Night Widow. It doesn't need much recharge, very survivable, good damage. If you were gonna be teaming with this gimped build, you can take advantage of its leadership toggles. If you were gonna solo, I'd probably take fighting pool, sorcery, and presence pool. Having Tough and Weave will help while layering Mind Link, Rune of Protection and Unrelenting should keep you upright. 

Another option I might go would be a Granite Tank. The recharge and damage penalty would hurt, but Granite paired with pool powers will make you sturdy. And for attacks I would rely on the Presige powers like Blackwand, Nemesis Staff, and Ghost Slayer Axe. Those powers ignore damage strength buffs so the Granite penalty won't hurt them. And since we're not enhancing our powers they actually do quite a bit of damage in their own right.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I appreciate the input, now I have a couple more archetypes to try. It's been fun but a tad slow becuase I am jumping around a bunch of archetypes. I'll try to give feedback off and on as I progress. I have died 2 times, both scrappers , one was a claws/bio and he other was a spines, both I was being too aggressive and attacked a too large of mob with an orange boss.

Without enhancements, you got to fall back on the classics. I think with Robots/Force Field and Power Boost  one can just about get the robots somewhere in the vicinity Defence softcap. You don't need Recharge and least just enough Endurance to keep Dispersion Bubble and Maneuvers running at the very least (and probably something else). 

a night widow would probably do quite well - comes with 3 powers that give +acc/+to hit out the box which can be combined with taking tactics

as long as you’re happy with 1 attack per day and then waiting for your end bar to creep back

The truth is, there are several approaches to take, all should work, but none will work well. 

I've done what I call a drop challenge, where you slot only what the rng gives you, if you can use it. Although, you don't have to use anything just because you can use it. 

My biggest stickpoints were when "Beginner's Luck" runs low enough to notice at level 17.  Part of this was because I am supposed to increase the difficulty to +1 at level 15, then +2  at 25, +3 at 35, +4 at 45. 

I've yet to get past level 23. Or was it 27? Probably 23. I forget. It made me really excited to get recipe drops and SOs. 
The use of p2w was not allowed, unless the item was free - like Sands of Mu and the like. 

image.png.7befa5b1485d7a72c9848dda936f9da1.png

The other sticking point, particularly in late teens, early 20's - endurance. 

Radiation, with Accelerate Metabolism was very helpful, particularly so on the Defender. 
My Dark/Rad defender did the best. Dark has a debuff component, which made things easier to hit most of the time. The AM was good for end recovery. 

The heal was all but useless, as it drains as much endurance as it heals, if not more. If I go that route again, I won't even slot it, I don't think. Unless I got one of the heal procs in a drop. 

I tried a bio/claws brute, which did comparatively well with this challenge. As you might guess, the efficient adaptation was in use far more than offensive, for sure. But, still, because I wanted to push myself, the mobs in First Ward thought I needed a lesson in humility and it was over.

And this was using enhancements that dropped. I gave up on the concept of the challenge because it just takes too long to wait for more endurance. End mod drops are like 1 out of 175. Pretty damn slim, considering you could go from level 1 to 30 and not even get 100 enhancements, I don't think. (never actually tried to see, but it doesn't seem to be that many.) 

On 4/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, PLVRIZR said:

Because it's an endurance challenge, I named him "Gasper"...

Not GASPR?

My initial thought was a rad/dark melee tank.  The aura and ground zero do -def, 2 heals, 3 end recovery, and soul drain for tohit.  Yes, I know that soul drain needs to hit, but if used in a crowd chances are you'll hit at least a couple of critters.

Edited by Bionic_Flea

24 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Not GASPR?

LOL.  No need for the "license plate" structure, since it was available. 😝

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/30/2022 at 1:50 PM, SunSetSam said:

I had a weird idea, which archetype and primary and secondary powersets would it be possible (best) to go to 50 without being power leveled, that uses no enhancements at all. It would be a challenge to play but would it be possible and if so, which would be best? Solo of course. 

Such a challenge would greatly favor the use of "meta powers", like tactics, quick recovery, lightning reflexes, that provide a buff to all your other powers.

Any AT that tries this will need to be a regen or WP toon. Without the endurance powers you'll be out of endurance before the fight with 1 mob is 1/2 over. Don't believe me try doing a lvl 50 ouro arc with the no enhancement setting turned on. I am using my Ice/Fire tank for the ouro badges atm.

14 hours ago, RCU7115 said:

Any AT that tries this will need to be a regen or WP toon. Without the endurance powers you'll be out of endurance before the fight with 1 mob is 1/2 over. Don't believe me try doing a lvl 50 ouro arc with the no enhancement setting turned on. I am using my Ice/Fire tank for the ouro badges atm.

You are forgetting blasters and some support powers. I would vote for an ice/tactical arrow blaster. A lot of mitigation build in, TA covers your accuracy and endurance problems. Take hover and shoot everything with ice storm, glue arrow and blizzard and nothing will be able to move towards you even without enhancements while slowly perishing.

On 3/31/2022 at 8:27 AM, Without_Pause said:

Claws would also work as it is End friendly. No slotting means it won't be as fast, but Focus and Shockwave can provide solid mitigation. Yes, you won't have the KB/KD proc, but I took a Claws/regen Scrapper to 50 without it, and honestly, it still works fine.

I took a claw/super reflexes scrapper to 50 without it ...and honestly up until I did Heather Townsend's arc at 50+3 against level 50's did I see any kb. Plenty of KD, but no kb, and I didn't use any kb to kd procs. But, until I hit 50, in pursuit of more xp, I was tackling +2, +3, +4 most of the way. 

Edited by Ukase

Claws/Inv plus Tactics and FA. A lot of endurance demand but a hell of a lot +to hit (10+7+5+(2 to 20)) for Invincible plus both CP and PP.  CoD entry appears fowled up, isn't stating the duration of FU's to hit buff.  

Earning Geas of the Kind Ones solo is probably a major non-starter on any melee build though.