A Big Thank You to the MIDS team (MIDS Mobile)(April Fools 2022)

TheZag

Edit: This post was for April Fools 2022.  Continue reading for a laugh.  The MIDS mobile download link at the bottom is fake and will take you to a youtube video of a talking piano doing a rickroll.

I just wanted to get a shout out and thank you to the MIDS team for getting the first version of MIDS mobile running.  Im not a programmer but it seems to be a mostly functional beta build and we get to test it out.  The UI seems to be directly ported over from the PC version and some of the buttons seem kinda small.  Thankfully you can zoom in to tap the right spot.  I suppose if you use a larger screen it wouldnt be an issue but my phone doesnt have all that big of a screen.  I took screenshots but that didnt make much sense to show its mobile so i got some pictures from another phone instead.  I took several pictures but alot of them came out really fuzzy so im showing the most clear pictures i got.  They are kinda huge so i put them in spoiler tags.

Mids on the home screen

Spoiler

698929159_MIDS1.thumb.jpg.fd19573b84bd6dbff5e3827af7d4fca4.jpg

Mids loading

Spoiler

574652232_MIDS2.thumb.jpg.74584a9f09abd473144307452ef28f68.jpg

A character loaded in

Spoiler

2125093459_MIDS3.thumb.jpg.9b848eff65a221e903d489e8d51e14cc.jpg

After tapping on an enhancement

Spoiler

763246239_MIDS4.thumb.jpg.38d1fc7225136eb3998bfb36224eccf8.jpg

Again a huge thank you to everyone that works on MIDS.  Now i can increase my productivity while at work.  And if you want to increase your productivity as well then check out the MIDS Mobile Download.

Edited by TheZag
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

NOOooooooo...

Luckily I'm a boss or I might be let go for now being distracted at work staring at my phone for hours.

Seriously though

image.png.9284c0c8a6b548db0abb3678047217be.png

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

10 hours ago, TheZag said:

I just wanted to get a shout out and thank you to the MIDS team for getting the first version of MIDS mobile running.  Im not a programmer but it seems to be a mostly functional beta build and we get to test it out.  The UI seems to be directly ported over from the PC version and some of the buttons seem kinda small.  Thankfully you can zoom in to tap the right spot.  I suppose if you use a larger screen it wouldnt be an issue but my phone doesnt have all that big of a screen.  I took screenshots but that didnt make much sense to show its mobile so i got some pictures from another phone instead.  I took several pictures but alot of them came out really fuzzy so im showing the most clear pictures i got.  They are kinda huge so i put them in spoiler tags.

Mids on the home screen

Hide contents

698929159_MIDS1.thumb.jpg.fd19573b84bd6dbff5e3827af7d4fca4.jpg

Mids loading

Hide contents

574652232_MIDS2.thumb.jpg.74584a9f09abd473144307452ef28f68.jpg

A character loaded in

Hide contents

2125093459_MIDS3.thumb.jpg.9b848eff65a221e903d489e8d51e14cc.jpg

After tapping on an enhancement

Hide contents

763246239_MIDS4.thumb.jpg.38d1fc7225136eb3998bfb36224eccf8.jpg

Again a huge thank you to everyone that works on MIDS.  Now i can increase my productivity while at work.  And if you want to increase your productivity as well then check out the MIDS Mobile Download.

I hate you...the depths are which are beyond Dante's Hell..perhaps an eternity strapped to a chair listening to that will bring me solace of the suffering I wish upon you.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

• TheZag changed the title to A Big Thank You to the MIDS team (MIDS Mobile)

That would SO kill my eyes trying to read.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• TheZag changed the title to A Big Thank You to the MIDS team (MIDS Mobile)(April Fools 2022)

With the conclusion of the April fools event ingame,  I edited this topic and my original post to reflect that it was a prank.

Now i want to give a real thank you to @Zed and @Felis Noctu for not giving it away and everyone else for having fun with it.  Also,  my apologies, Warpact, I probably should have warned you but your reply is also my favorite one.

until next year everyone !!

rickroll.gif.e6d23e55aa8fc76dc62e025e574b4bf2.gif

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

With the conclusion of the April fools event ingame,  I edited this topic and my original post to reflect that it was a prank.

Now i want to give a real thank you to @Zed and @Felis Noctu for not giving it away and everyone else for having fun with it.  Also,  my apologies, Warpact, I probably should have warned you but your reply is also my favorite one.

until next year everyone !!

rickroll.gif.e6d23e55aa8fc76dc62e025e574b4bf2.gif

My dumbass fell for it, I got so excited hoping thinking it was real, then when it happened I was like the mother fker gggrrr.

Probably what made it the best for you is that I never expected something like that from you.

So well played, well played indeed.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

I knew it was a joke but replied anyway because it would still be awesome on a tablet. 

I imagine a mobile version wouldnt be in the works but you never know.  Maybe they can make one and release it on april first next year and nobody will download it 😛

On 4/2/2022 at 7:01 AM, The_Warpact said:

I hate you...the depths are which are beyond Dante's Hell..perhaps an eternity strapped to a chair listening to that will bring me solace of the suffering I wish upon you.

Considering I never actually clicked the link, this makes more sense now. 😛

• Thumbs Up 2

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 hour ago, WanderingAries said:

Considering I never actually clicked the link, this makes more sense now. 😛

it goes to a Mark Rober youtube video.  He does science and engineering stuff and squirrel feeder obstacle courses.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:38 AM, The_Warpact said:

Probably what made it the best for you is that I never expected something like that from you.

WHAT??? I would not expect anything less from Zag. I have a hard time believing him when he is being serious

On 4/9/2022 at 12:58 PM, Krimson said:

I knew it was a joke but replied anyway because it would still be awesome on a tablet. 

On 4/9/2022 at 4:46 PM, TheZag said:

I imagine a mobile version wouldnt be in the works but you never know.  Maybe they can make one and release it on april first next year and nobody will download it 😛

While I can't make any promises because it's not specifically my work, Metallios has been messing around with newer frameworks for the proposed "successor" to Mids. While the current Mids will likely never see any kind of mobile release due to how horrifically outdated its backbone is, the newer frameworks themselves were designed with cross-platform support in mind. So, you know, some hopes on the horizon. 😛

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Thumbs Up 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon