Always the last one you try (psi-melee praise)

FenrisWolf44

Gone through every Brute primary and secondary, had tried them all, all except one, psi-melee. I had been put off by posts saying saying too many things resisted it. Well, I'm sure there are probably AV's I haven't met yet that do, but I've been wading through everything else like butter. Even robots, which I was told would be difficult I still take them out far easier than most of the other sets. And greater psi blade, I'm in love. When I took out a Freakshow tank in one hit, I was sold, and it recharges really quick!

So anyone who hasn't given it a go, I highly recommend it. I guess it also depends on the secondary you pair it with, mine is electric armor, which seems to make a great combo.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

My only issue how they handled Insight/Boggle. I just doesn't feel right as is. Thinking about it, my Ice/stone Brute should be an easy conversion over though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

8 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

My only issue how they handled Insight/Boggle. I just doesn't feel right as is. Thinking about it, my Ice/stone Brute should be an easy conversion over though.

Yeah I ditched Boggle, while somewhat useful, it didn't fit with the Brute playstyle.

3 minutes ago, FenrisWolf44 said:

Yeah I ditched Boggle, while somewhat useful, it didn't fit with the Brute playstyle.

The issue is not using it cuts into the chances to gain Insight.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

28 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Strange, I seem to hit Insight a lot. More than enough. I have psi-blade sweep on a quck recharge, and that seems to trigger it every time.

Addendum: Yeah just tried it 10 times, and hit Insight 9 times out of the 10 with psi-blade sweep. Either I'm just lucky or the % chance increased.

Edited by FenrisWolf44

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

But the issue is also that using it in between attacks probably hurts your DPS more than the extra insight strikes help….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

But the issue is also that using it in between attacks probably hurts your DPS more than the extra insight strikes help….

I would use it before a fight so that's less of an issue. The problem really is it is ST and how that's terrible on a team.

I mean, if you skip Boggle then that just feels like it further cements Insight not being thought out well. I only got to level 20, but I went whole mobs without gaining Insight. It's the only +damage mechanism I can think of in game that a player doesn't have direct control over starting and has a lockout period.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

9 hours ago, Naraka said:

Give it a shot on Stalker if you want another row with it. Controlled crits and BU recharge proc is fun to juggle with Psi's kit.

Have to agree.

When I started goldside I went with a psi melee stalker .... loved it.

• Like 1

/e poofgone

I hate Boggle, I can't stand the animation of the T9, and I can't stand how some attacks look very stiff. If your character actually put momentum behind the attacks and the got rid of the animated fist attacks and traded them for psi blade attacks instead, I would be happy. As the set stands now, I just don't like the look or feel of it 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Naraka said:

Give it a shot on Stalker if you want another row with it. Controlled crits and BU recharge proc is fun to juggle with Psi's kit.

I've had great fun with both my Psi/Energy Stalker and Psi/WP Scrap... Boggle does seem to be pretty much useless, though. I never have figured out quite what that's supposed to be good for. o_0

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I have two Psi Melee toons, a Psi/Elec scrapper, and a Psi/SR brute. The brute has turned out to be so much fun that she's my most recent alt to join the "over level 40 club" (only 12 out of 116 alts). She's a reroll from live, though in name only - on live she was a Fiery Melee/Regen brute that only made it to level 7. Though her lack of leveling on live probably had more to do with the fact that I rolled her not long before the shutdown announcement.

Utterly love playing her, but, like any other psionic character, Banished Pantheon zombies are a challenge. No brain means psionics don't work well.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 10:13 AM, Naraka said:

I enjoy my Psi stalker, but I have trouble with Assassin's Focus because it seems like by the time my attacks finish animating, I no longer have three stacks of Assassin's Focus.

I have a Psi Melee Stalker and while I like the concept, I can't say the execution really speaks to me.  The Insight mechanic is terribly janky. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.  Sometimes you want it, but can't get it, sometimes it would be better to "save" it because what you need it for isn't ready, but it expires.  And then you get locked out for an arbitrary amount of time.  It's like all the worst parts of the Savage Melee mechanic (which I'm also not fond of), combined with the worst of the ones from Water Blast (probably not surprising that both Psi and Savage were half-baked, unfinished sets at the time the game originally ended).

9 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

The Insight mechanic is terribly janky. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

Heh. I have similar complaints about the random nature of scrappers' "critical strike" ability. My scrappers seem to roll the big crits when their opponents are already one hit away from defeat anyway. So many of those crits just seem wasted, when they would have been much more useful early in the fight. It's a large part of why I prefer brutes over scrappers.

2 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

I have a Psi Melee Stalker and while I like the concept, I can't say the execution really speaks to me.  The Insight mechanic is terribly janky. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.  Sometimes you want it, but can't get it, sometimes it would be better to "save" it because what you need it for isn't ready, but it expires.  And then you get locked out for an arbitrary amount of time.  It's like all the worst parts of the Savage Melee mechanic (which I'm also not fond of), combined with the worst of the ones from Water Blast (probably not surprising that both Psi and Savage were half-baked, unfinished sets at the time the game originally ended).

With Savage Melee, I just skip any attack that consumes blood frenzy and enjoy the recharge and endurance cost reductions.

With water blast, I don't worry about it. It's all gravy. If I've got three stacks, I get a nice bonus. If I don't, I build more stacks. It's good.

The one that annoys me is Street Justice's combo breakers. Because the combo system expends the combos even if you don't have three, I feel pressured to only use the finishers when I have three.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheZag said:

I think the fact that so many people arent sure what boggle is good for means the power is working perfectly.

Nobody said they didn't know what was used for at least I didn't. They said it was useless, towhichI agree. And I agree with you,it is working as intended....useless.

50 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Nobody said they didn't know what was used for at least I didn't. They said it was useless, towhichI agree. And I agree with you,it is working as intended....useless.

Tell a Sapper it is useless.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

Sure, that's your opinion.

Oh, and opinions can, indeed, be wrong.