Halp, I made a boo-boo =(

EmperorSteele

So I was re-doing my build, and decided I wanted the Purple Hold damage proc, so I grabbed a 50+5 Purple Hold enhancement I had and got to converting. Well, at first I thought it was nifty that it was keeping the +5 on all the results... but, it wasn't giving me the proc. I burned a solid ~60 converters or so before I thought "Wait, maybe the proc can't be +5'd, so that's why it's not showing up?"

And then Boom, success! But wait... why was the level red? What's this warning message?

...Oh. Oh no!!

I mean I could just convert it again or put it on the market and it'll go back to normal, probably. In either case, figured you'd all get a kick out of this mishap:

ProcTooHighLevel.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

So I was re-doing my build, and decided I wanted the Purple Hold damage proc, so I grabbed a 50+5 Purple Hold enhancement I had and got to converting. Well, at first I thought it was nifty that it was keeping the +5 on all the results... but, it wasn't giving me the proc. I burned a solid ~60 converters or so before I thought "Wait, maybe the proc can't be +5'd, so that's why it's not showing up?"

And then Boom, success! But wait... why was the level red? What's this warning message?

...Oh. Oh no!!

I mean I could just convert it again or put it on the market and it'll go back to normal, probably. In either case, figured you'd all get a kick out of this mishap:

ProcTooHighLevel.png

That's interesting! 
I'm sure you've already put in some sort of a petition or bug report, just to let them know, but I'd just burn 3 more converters and then if you like, I can trade you any purple you like for the proc that you can actually use. (although I suspect you've already addressed this) 

Some time ago.... I want to say that converting a boosted Very Rare into one of the %proc pieces DIDN'T turn it red, but I can't be certain as I wasn't rolling for the %proc. I also noticed that recently it was having this behavior (see my other threads on slotting Howling Twilight, I was trying to convert some spare 50+5 pieces into something else).

On 6/29/2022 at 8:18 AM, Andreah said:

Would putting it in the auction clear the boosts off it?

I'm not sure if those are bucketed the same. Maybe.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 1 month later
12 hours ago, Loc said:

I've had this happen several times when converting a +5 IO. Attuning it should also fix the issue.

Yes attuning would allow it to be slotted, but for very rates and pvp IOs besides a proc, attuning them actually is a decrease in efficiency as they are designed to auto exempt down to lvl 10.

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

attuning them actually is a decrease in efficiency as they are designed to auto exempt

Fun fact: there's no T in 'exemp' because it's short for 'exemplar'.  🙂

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Sidekick#Exemplar.2FMalefactor

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

20 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Fun fact: there's no T in 'exemp' because it's short for 'exemplar'.  🙂

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Sidekick#Exemplar.2FMalefactor

Here's an even more fun fact: exemp is not a word, but exempt is, and thus autocorrect will automatically correct exemp to exempt.

Further by exemplaring in the game you are exempting yourself from your character's level, allowing you to play with others without skewing the playability of their mission too far, and therefore are exempt in that regards.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Further by exemplaring in the game you are exempting yourself from your character's level, allowing you to play with others without skewing the playability of their mission too far, and therefore are exempt in that regards.

Was this reply posted extemporaneously?