What TF/SFs do you run the most?

KaizenSoze

Probably Synapse, it's my favourite.

Seriously!

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

13 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

But manages to be more tedious.

Synapse also doesn't pay nearly so well.

Having seven characters which needed it at the time, last October when Synapse was up as the weekly, I ran it seven times.

I am still mentally recovering from that. Even with new characters needing it I just cannot bring myself to do it. I was originally thinking of putting it off until 2023 at the earliest but may, if I can get a dedicated team for it, be able to tolerate a speed run of it.

Edited by Erratic1
  • Sad 1

I find Synapse TFs go faster if I quasi solo them (all three of my accounts with either dps or debuffs for Babbage and the King), I play the majority of the tf solo and then log in the alt accounts when it's merit payday to maximize my reward merit haul. Due to the increased reward for myself, I'm more likely to do it that way rather then having mixed results with pugging (although I still run quite a few pug groups).

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

Synapse also doesn't pay nearly so well.

Having seven characters which needed it at the time, last October when Synapse was up as the weekly, I ran it seven times.

I am still mentally recovering from that. Even with new characters needing it I just cannot bring myself to do it. I was originally thinking of putting it off until 2023 at the earliest but may, if I can get a dedicated team for it, be able to tolerate a speed run of it.

Ugh. Seven times.

Worst for me was Lady Gray for two badgers 10+ runs in one week to get the buddy badge. Avoided that TF for a year due to that.

2 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Alright. I'll bite. What do you like about Synapse?

I know what to expect, it's a guaranteed period of activity, and I like pew pewing those little clockwork jerks.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

2 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Ugh.  I don't let them accumulate like that.  I make new characters infrequently enough that I only need to run Synapse once, or RARELY twice, when it comes around in the rotation.

49 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Ugh. Seven times.

Worst for me was Lady Gray for two badgers 10+ runs in one week to get the buddy badge. Avoided that TF for a year due to that.

um, the Buddy badge is for the buds so why didn't you just do regular Hami raids?

It takes about 20-25 minutes for a double raid and that's a lot of buds if you're tossing AoE.  If you don't have AoE, buy a temp AoE power or use pets.

Edit:  To answer the original question - I will run just about ALL of the task forces myself when they're the weekly.

My favorites are Posi 1 and 2, Penny Yin, Katie Hannon, Ernesto Hess, Moonfire and the ITF.

I'll solo Dr. Q when it comes around because it's so many merits.  I'll log in 3 accounts and solo it so that's 732 merits.

Edited by Ironblade

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

7 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

um, the Buddy badge is for the buds so why didn't you just do regular Hami raids?

It takes about 20-25 minutes for a double raid and that's a lot of buds if you're tossing AoE.  If you don't have AoE, buy a temp AoE power or use pets.

I cannot play during the time Hammi raids are going on.

Since long prior to the Shutdown, it's been the Striga Isle Ernesto Hess TF.  No other TF in the game - and I will come straight-out and admit I haven't done more than a handful of them - moves as quickly, has such definitive start/end points for the individual missions, leading on to the next step (always on the Striga Isles map), and has a total 1960s James Bond climax: The Arch-Villain is in his volcanic mountain lair (because God forbid it be a place where families and kids could relax; REAL MEN build a base that's just as dangerous and threatening as they are...or at least want themselves to be), preparing his Ultimate Weapon for its devastating assault on Earth's democratic forces.  The burning lava surroundings will inflict as much damage as the bad guys, and the black rock and industrial metal surroundings hammer in the inhumanity of those behind this plot.  And - again, in true '60s James Bond fashion - when the Arch-Villain is finally beaten, the Good Guys crew has thirty seconds to evacuate the base before it blows up...taking the PCs with it if still inside.  And if a half-decent crew has been putting their time in on this, the whole thing shouldn't take much more than an hour and a half to two hours.  Pretty much the span of most movies.

I have run the Striga Isle TF, either as instigator or member, both pre- and post-Homecoming's inception, more times than I can count.  Any time someone finishes the Striga Isle contact list, and wants to do the best TF in the game, send out the call; I'll be waiting and champing at the bit to put neo-Nazis and their dangerous-toys robots into the trash-heap.

• Like 1

Synapse isn't bad when you remember the OG Positron, granted a super speed hero asking me to run around Steel Canyon patrolling seems . . . dumb.  Its parts of certain TFs I despise really that keep me away, like the "go to hunt in every zone" of Numina; go once for the badge and never go again.

As for done most often, Posi 1 an 2 because every alt I create does them and does them with a PUG for extra fun and frolic, every one so that's like 50 runs of those.  I also run Yin a lot because crazy Freakshow smashfest without the tedious zone hopping.  But I have also done OG Positron in Ouroboros like ten or more times on HC because merits.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 minute ago, Black Talon said:

Since long prior to the Shutdown, it's been the Striga Isle Ernesto Hess TF.  No other TF in the game - and I will come straight-out and admit I haven't done more than a handful of them - moves as quickly, has such definitive start/end points for the individual missions, leading on to the next step (always on the Striga Isles map), and has a total 1960s James Bond climax: The Arch-Villain is in his volcanic mountain lair (because God forbid it be a place where families and kids could relax; REAL MEN build a base that's just as dangerous and threatening as they are...or at least want themselves to be), preparing his Ultimate Weapon for its devastating assault on Earth's democratic forces.  The burning lava surroundings will inflict as much damage as the bad guys, and the black rock and industrial metal surroundings hammer in the inhumanity of those behind this plot.  And - again, in true '60s James Bond fashion - when the Arch-Villain is finally beaten, the Good Guys crew has thirty seconds to evacuate the base before it blows up...taking the PCs with it if still inside.  And if a half-decent crew has been putting their time in on this, the whole thing shouldn't take much more than an hour and a half to two hours.  Pretty much the span of most movies.

This is spot on.  The first time I did Hess on Live was with the other Babes of War and it was just real super hero stuff.  I mean we just stood around yelling "giant robot surrounded by lava" doing dance emotes.  And we totally thought we were going to die if we didnt get out.

• Thanks 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Definitely ITF. It's the only one I'll make time for nowadays. It's one of the most well constructed TFs in the game, in my opinion. It's also the only TF I'll see formed at 3 AM. My schedule sucks.

2nd place probably goes to Katie. I love that TF too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Kill thru ITFs.  nice little passtime to burn 10-15 bars of patrol on a 50

Synapes, the game makes more sense at lower levels because few if any IO sets

Yin, short and packed full of killing stuff

I hate speed TFs, so pointless

1. Yin

2. Moonfire

3. Manticore

4. Numina

5. Citadel

6. Ernesto Hess

I will only run Positron 1 once per character.  I hate Posi 1.  Posi 2 is not so bad.

I've only run Dr. Q once or twice.  I'd run it much more often if it was broken into shorter parts like Positron TF was.

I ran alot of TFs for Task Force Commander until i found out how much quicker it is to get Invader.  20 minutes to unlock the contact and another 10 to 30 to get the badge depending if i abandon or complete the robberies.

I like posi 2 and sewer trial and eden trial.

Manticore and Citadel and Synapse are so bad,  they need the Positron TF makeover.

8 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

I cannot play during the time Hammi raids are going on.

Well, bummer.  😞

I'm guessing you know they are run on the weekend also, including the afternoon.

Not being able to play in 'prime time' must make a lot of badges harder to obtain.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

My favorite TFs/SFs are the Admiral Sutter TF, Mortimer Kal SF, classic LRSF (via Ouroboros Flashback), and Ernesto Hess TF.  Pretty much in that order.  Admiral Sutter TF, Mortimer Kal SF, and Ernesto Hess TF are usually ran as a +2 kill through/steamroll.  The classic LRSF is usually ran as a +3 speed run.

Least favorite?  Justin Augustine TF, Dr. Quaterfield TF, Barracuda SF, and Synapse TF.  Pretty much in that order.

Which ones are those two in Striga fighting Council on endless Council maps?  There are two of them right?  it feels like there's two of them.  Having been a red-side native back in the day, I never really learned the names for each of the blueside TFs, except for Posi1 and 2 now, so I often end up on those endless Council maps again, because I said yes, and I'm not going to be a butt and drop out once I realized I signed up for this one again.  I've ended up with the Assistant badge on a few toons this way. 

Oh well, smashing fascists is always a good time.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

33 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Which ones are those two in Striga fighting Council on endless Council maps?  There are two of them right? 

What is it with the Council and seemingly endless identical missions?

While I approve, on principle, of setting an arachnos vigilante against a gang of fascists... there are a lot of them.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas