Jump to content

Impact on Markets from 27:4


Yomo Kimyata
 Share

Recommended Posts

One thing I'm wondering about is the declining price on once-high-value purples like Hecatomb, Apocalypse and Armageddon -- all of which have dropped, seemingly, into the 14-15MM range (maybe 16MM) in recent weeks.  Just oversupply?  Less demand?  Armageddon used to reguarly fetch 17MM+.  

 

The same oversupply vs. demand seems to be going on in Reactive Defense and Numinas and even Unbreakable Guard, as well as various once-higher PVP IO.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

One thing I'm wondering about is the declining price on once-high-value purples like Hecatomb, Apocalypse and Armageddon -- all of which have dropped, seemingly, into the 14-15MM range (maybe 16MM) in recent weeks.  Just oversupply?  Less demand?  Armageddon used to reguarly fetch 17MM+.  

 

The same oversupply vs. demand seems to be going on in Reactive Defense and Numinas and even Unbreakable Guard, as well as various once-higher PVP IO.  

 

Just conjecture on my part, this bit with the purples. 
While afk farming has probably dropped off due to recent changes, active farming has picked up. As a result, more purples may be available. 

Is it possible some folks are exchanging reward merits for purples? Some folks recognize that inf isn't real world cash, so they don't care what they spend, but go for what's easy. If memory serves, you have to craft those AFTER you spend 100 reward merits, so that adds even more to the opportunity cost using converters in such a fashion. But some folks will still do that. 
Market Crash was the weekly...two weeks ago? That probably put a few more purples into the market, too. 


I am anticipating the price of purples going up. 
If you also consider that illusion was ...what's that 10 dollar word?...proliferated to dominators, then it stands to reason folks playing that new powerset will be looking for 30 to 50 purple IOs to aid in perma-dom. So, perhaps demand will go up a bit. 
Further, while I think active farming has picked up, I believe afk farming has gone down, with a net loss of farming activity, but I've no real way to know that. If it is the case that overall farming activity has declined, I'm thinking that would reduce the purple drops a bit. 

I've read about folks with hundreds of them stashed in their bases, so maybe folks are downsizing. But that's just speculation. 

The last, and probably the most obvious is the decline in player base, which results in decline in demand. It's very evident. Sure, folks can still get a good group up without too much waiting, depending on when they try, but overall, when I see an SG of about 70 folks drop down to about 25 just since page 4 dropped, that's pretty telling. That's not to suggest page 4 has anything to do with that. I've no idea. Summer took more than a few folks out of the game simply because the pandemic restrictions were lifted in most areas of the US. And I'm sure there are other non-game change related reasons as well. And, of course, I'm sure some stopped because of game change reasons. Gotta figure all those threads filled with distrust and contempt would have some kind of an impact. 

 


 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2022 at 10:48 AM, Perfidy said:


You could try AE tickets if you need a specific one, (And level 50 with the spare threads), but even then the inspirations from Luna would probably make that a bad deal the exchange is so bad. 
 

 

Just seeing this in print from someone other than me makes me giddy.  Ticket farming!  Something for the devs to nerf in 27:6!

 

But I don't think it gives you a specific one?  IIRC you can choose type (magic or tech) and level (low, middle, or high) but not a specific one.

Who run Bartertown?

 

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

 

Just seeing this in print from someone other than me makes me giddy.  Ticket farming!  Something for the devs to nerf in 27:6!

 

But I don't think it gives you a specific one?  IIRC you can choose type (magic or tech) and level (low, middle, or high) but not a specific one.

Poor Yomo. (Figuratively)
You can choose the precise piece of salvage. It's not efficient, not in the least. It costs 540 tickets for any specific rare salvage you want. They even have an easy way to find the specific one, if you know if it's arcane or tech, and/or what level range it normally drops in - 1-24, 25-40, 41-50. 

There was a time when they made threads a currency to exchange for AE tickets, with a particularly unfavorable exchange rate, given what the super insps might sell for on the weekend. But, it might be worth a crappy exchange if someone despises the idea of farming and has more tickets than sense or more tickets than patience. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Perfidy said:

Poor Yomo. (Figuratively)
You can choose the precise piece of salvage. It's not efficient, not in the least. It costs 540 tickets for any specific rare salvage you want. They even have an easy way to find the specific one, if you know if it's arcane or tech, and/or what level range it normally drops in - 1-24, 25-40, 41-50. 

There was a time when they made threads a currency to exchange for AE tickets, with a particularly unfavorable exchange rate, given what the super insps might sell for on the weekend. But, it might be worth a crappy exchange if someone despises the idea of farming and has more tickets than sense or more tickets than patience. 

 

Ah, maybe I was thinking of an earlier time, or a completely different venue.  Thank you.

 

I think the thread thing was something that bit them in the ass.  "Oh, I, as a dev, personally want to be able to get all my incarnates extremely quickly.  But I want to feel I earned it!  Let's make incarnate threads really easy to get, either directly or through giving away empyrean merits."

 

People farm both incarnate threads and empyrean merits.

 

"MY THREADS ARE WORTHLESS!!! ME WANT MORE LOLLIES!"

 

"Hmm, I think they are being childish, but let's face it, I also want more lollies."

Who run Bartertown?

 

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2022 at 9:32 AM, brasilgringo said:

One thing I'm wondering about is the declining price on once-high-value purples like Hecatomb, Apocalypse and Armageddon -- all of which have dropped, seemingly, into the 14-15MM range (maybe 16MM) in recent weeks.  Just oversupply?  Less demand?  Armageddon used to reguarly fetch 17MM+.

Well, to me, the phrase "recent weeks" would seem to line up with the Halloween event.  Every enemy you defeat (that isn't grey to you) has a chance to drop a purple.  And Peregrine Island on every shard has a non-stop Trick or Treat farm going where enemies are being killed non-stop at a prodigious rate.  I would think that is boosting the supply in the short term.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Well, to me, the phrase "recent weeks" would seem to line up with the Halloween event.  Every enemy you defeat (that isn't grey to you) has a chance to drop a purple.  And Peregrine Island on every shard has a non-stop Trick or Treat farm going where enemies are being killed non-stop at a prodigious rate.  I would think that is boosting the supply in the short term.

Now that the event is over, I'm not sure.  I think farmers are dumping purples.  I think some people have increased farming even post i5 changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's safe to say that "very rare" is a relative term, at least in my HC:CoH experience. 
The more mobs you clobber, the more purples you will get. 

I am surprised at the number of players still pursuing farming. I had thought the recent changes would have raised the pain point for entry into farming, but it would seem that's not the case. I think a fair number of those folks who enjoy it are teaming up, to mitigate some of the extra aggro. Just tried it out myself - apparently, the extra layer of maneuvers, Assault and tactics are helpful. In context, it's not quite a 100% XP. Seems like about 95%. Maybe a bit more or less. 38292XP for a boss, whatever % that is. And that's just one extra teammate. 

I suspect a team of 8, if they're letting the leadership toggles stack are faring quite well. I confess, it had never occurred to me there would be a good reason to team up in a farm, as I'd always taken the position -if you want to team up, may as well do a tf or trial, or some story arcs. But, since they've allowed for -def from the NPCs, it kind of makes a bit more sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ukase said:

I think it's safe to say that "very rare" is a relative term, at least in my HC:CoH experience. 
The more mobs you clobber, the more purples you will get. 

I am surprised at the number of players still pursuing farming. I had thought the recent changes would have raised the pain point for entry into farming, but it would seem that's not the case. I think a fair number of those folks who enjoy it are teaming up, to mitigate some of the extra aggro. Just tried it out myself - apparently, the extra layer of maneuvers, Assault and tactics are helpful. In context, it's not quite a 100% XP. Seems like about 95%. Maybe a bit more or less. 38292XP for a boss, whatever % that is. And that's just one extra teammate. 

I suspect a team of 8, if they're letting the leadership toggles stack are faring quite well. I confess, it had never occurred to me there would be a good reason to team up in a farm, as I'd always taken the position -if you want to team up, may as well do a tf or trial, or some story arcs. But, since they've allowed for -def from the NPCs, it kind of makes a bit more sense. 


The recent changes affected fire farming. That was not the only type of farming possible. And there were already farming builds on the forums to mitigate the effect of some of changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2022 at 9:34 AM, Ukase said:

I think it's safe to say that "very rare" is a relative term, at least in my HC:CoH experience. 
The more mobs you clobber, the more purples you will get. 

I am surprised at the number of players still pursuing farming. I had thought the recent changes would have raised the pain point for entry into farming, but it would seem that's not the case. I think a fair number of those folks who enjoy it are teaming up, to mitigate some of the extra aggro. Just tried it out myself - apparently, the extra layer of maneuvers, Assault and tactics are helpful. In context, it's not quite a 100% XP. Seems like about 95%. Maybe a bit more or less. 38292XP for a boss, whatever % that is. And that's just one extra teammate. 

I suspect a team of 8, if they're letting the leadership toggles stack are faring quite well. I confess, it had never occurred to me there would be a good reason to team up in a farm, as I'd always taken the position -if you want to team up, may as well do a tf or trial, or some story arcs. But, since they've allowed for -def from the NPCs, it kind of makes a bit more sense. 


Team? alot of the farmers I know Afk 8 toons at a time for max Inf/rewards while they also play going back every 10 min or so to refresh the map. This has done nothing to stop that. they still AFK farm 8 toons at a time They still make as much Inf as they did (more or less) BUT now they dont del the farm toon when its Vet 50 and RM it to also Farm Super Merts.
The farmers this hurt will adapt and things will go back to the way they where. 

I still think the Devs should make a Farm option for when your making a AE map that just give more EXP/Inf then other AE maps but no Rewards. (assuming that is possible)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2022 at 12:22 PM, kito said:


Team? alot of the farmers I know Afk 8 toons at a time for max Inf/rewards while they also play going back every 10 min or so to refresh the map. This has done nothing to stop that. they still AFK farm 8 toons at a time They still make as much Inf as they did (more or less) BUT now they dont del the farm toon when its Vet 50 and RM it to also Farm Super Merts.
The farmers this hurt will adapt and things will go back to the way they where. 

I still think the Devs should make a Farm option for when your making a AE map that just give more EXP/Inf then other AE maps but no Rewards. (assuming that is possible)

They must be smarter than me. I've tried the builds in the guide forums, and everything I can think of to mitigate the -def, even using different armors, etc. They do not survive like they used to - and that's with amplifiers and passive accolade boosts. 

I did determine that two brutes can offset the incoming aggro as easily as one used to, it just kind of bugs me that they need to be on the same map in the same area to take advantage of leadership buffs - while the third account gets the incarnate slots unlocked and a few shards. (the only reason I do it now) 


I have to wonder why anyone would run 8 afk characters on 8 different maps on 3 different shards. I've done four - two accounts on two different shards. 
It's damned tedious crafting, converting the drops of 4 characters. My guess is they are just vendoring the drops, except perhaps for the ones they know will sell for a decent price. Which leaves a TON of inf not earned. Like 2-3X what they earned in the farm from inf. But, if it's working for them, have at it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

They must be smarter than me. I've tried the builds in the guide forums, and everything I can think of to mitigate the -def, even using different armors, etc. They do not survive like they used to - and that's with amplifiers and passive accolade boosts. 

I did determine that two brutes can offset the incoming aggro as easily as one used to, it just kind of bugs me that they need to be on the same map in the same area to take advantage of leadership buffs - while the third account gets the incarnate slots unlocked and a few shards. (the only reason I do it now) 


I have to wonder why anyone would run 8 afk characters on 8 different maps on 3 different shards. I've done four - two accounts on two different shards. 
It's damned tedious crafting, converting the drops of 4 characters. My guess is they are just vendoring the drops, except perhaps for the ones they know will sell for a decent price. Which leaves a TON of inf not earned. Like 2-3X what they earned in the farm from inf. But, if it's working for them, have at it. 

 


its 8 afk farmers on 1 map, as far as I know. I think its a cave map they set up at the entrance and over 20 min or so the full map will walk into them at the front they set the tanks up in front 1 healer in the middle and 2 dmg dealers in the back rest I think is brutes and just leave the AOE on over 20 min they clear the map and reset it.  Think they said they where averaging over 100mill inf an hour (not including drops so) so just about 4 mill per toon per map, and would just play normally on there Main just needing to stop to Reset the map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kito said:


its 8 afk farmers on 1 map, as far as I know. I think its a cave map they set up at the entrance and over 20 min or so the full map will walk into them at the front they set the tanks up in front 1 healer in the middle and 2 dmg dealers in the back rest I think is brutes and just leave the AOE on over 20 min they clear the map and reset it.  Think they said they where averaging over 100mill inf an hour (not including drops so) so just about 4 mill per toon per map, and would just play normally on there Main just needing to stop to Reset the map.

That sounds like I'm missing something. 
We're only allowed to have 3 accounts on per shard. Like, only 3 characters from 3 accounts that we control in Excelsior at the same time. 

If it's 8 different players, that's different. But if it's just one person, that's a no-no. I don't think I'd ever want to try 8 accounts on the same map. All that entering, exiting, crafting converting...that's too much like work when you exceed 3 accounts. At least, it was for me, when I tried 4. I was all set to make a 5th account and play that while the 4 were afk-ing, but there was literally no time to do that, with all the crafting/converting/selling. If I hadn't been motivated to try and catch Yomo (or pass him), I wouldn't have even given it a thought. 

Not a big deal to me, I've more inf than I really know what to do with. I just wish I could open 10 or 100 packs at a time; I'd spend more of it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ukase said:

That sounds like I'm missing something. 
We're only allowed to have 3 accounts on per shard. Like, only 3 characters from 3 accounts that we control in Excelsior at the same time. 

If it's 8 different players, that's different. But if it's just one person, that's a no-no. I don't think I'd ever want to try 8 accounts on the same map. All that entering, exiting, crafting converting...that's too much like work when you exceed 3 accounts. At least, it was for me, when I tried 4. I was all set to make a 5th account and play that while the 4 were afk-ing, but there was literally no time to do that, with all the crafting/converting/selling. If I hadn't been motivated to try and catch Yomo (or pass him), I wouldn't have even given it a thought. 

Not a big deal to me, I've more inf than I really know what to do with. I just wish I could open 10 or 100 packs at a time; I'd spend more of it. 

 

Yep, it's definitely against the Terms of Service.  People definitely do it though.  Number Six stated on Discord that he caught someone AE farming on seven accounts in PI on Excelsior one night a month or so ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Astralock said:

Yep, it's definitely against the Terms of Service.  People definitely do it though.

 

I don't think most people read EULAs, TOSs, or CoCs any more.

 

 

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they are most probably on ignore.

Some of them even know that I have them on ignore.

But that won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it.

It's who they are. There is a group of them that have banded together to do it. They think that it is acceptable.

Ignore is a tool to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ukase said:

At least, it was for me, when I tried 4. I was all set to make a 5th account and play that while the 4 were afk-ing, but there was literally no time to do that, with all the crafting/converting/selling.


Idk when your making 100 mill a hour not doing anything but standing afk with a few account while you do your RP or also Farm hamidon or MSR you dont need to do much but Sell everything you make and horde all the INF into one account. I dont think there Farming for drop just to get Free inf while they play, They might store all there purples in a base or something for any player to grab from when they want/need to craft, but there just farming to make the 500 mill a day (5-6 hours of play/farm) to about 2 and a half billion a week? do they need to craft or anything that all takes time after all the point of the afk farm seem to be to make inf and do nothing.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2022 at 11:41 AM, kito said:


Idk when your making 100 mill a hour not doing anything but standing afk with a few account while you do your RP or also Farm hamidon or MSR you dont need to do much but Sell everything you make and horde all the INF into one account. I dont think there Farming for drop just to get Free inf while they play, They might store all there purples in a base or something for any player to grab from when they want/need to craft, but there just farming to make the 500 mill a day (5-6 hours of play/farm) to about 2 and a half billion a week? do they need to craft or anything that all takes time after all the point of the afk farm seem to be to make inf and do nothing.

 

 

A minimal hands on approach for 'enough' influence to fund their main account. 

 

As an aside:

*They're* 

*You're*

*Their*

  • Thumbs Up 1

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Game Master

On one hand, I'm content to let this thread drop off... on the other hand...

We GMs DO read the forums. Flaunting the breaking of HC rules will not be tolerated. Also the initial breaking of said rules. That's pretty important, too.

But yes, as stated, we only allow players to multibox THREE accounts at a time. Any more than that, and you risk getting ALL your accounts banned.

@kito, I would highly suggest you pass this information to all your friends. For their sake.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

On one hand, I'm content to let this thread drop off... on the other hand...

We GMs DO read the forums. Flaunting the breaking of HC rules will not be tolerated. Also the initial breaking of said rules. That's pretty important, too.

But yes, as stated, we only allow players to multibox THREE accounts at a time. Any more than that, and you risk getting ALL your accounts banned.

@kito, I would highly suggest you pass this information to all your friends. For their sake.

Two accounts is all anyone needs, really. I'm sure the offenders all clicked "agree" to the TOS. I'd talk to the people I know, but no one listens to me. 😄 So, have at it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2022 at 9:13 PM, UltraAlt said:

I don't think most people read EULAs, TOSs, or CoCs any more.

I think if people read the entire EULA, TOS, warning labels, etc...   that's all anyone would do.   (though HC TOS is a quick read, so no real timesink there)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, lemming said:

I think if people read the entire EULA, TOS, warning labels, etc...   that's all anyone would do.   (though HC TOS is a quick read, so no real timesink there)

 

"That's time that could be spent farming!!!! WHy U nERF Me?"

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...