Impact on Markets from 27:4

Yomo Kimyata

The one that hits me is:

Architect Entertainment [Focused Feedback: Architect Entertainment]

• Characters at Level 50 can no longer earn experience towards the Veteran Level rewards (Veteran Badges, Incarnate Threads, and Empyrean Merits) from Architect Entertainment content; this does not apply to Incarnate Slot Experience which can still be earned in AE.
  • This change does not apply to Developer's Choice arcs, which have always gives full rewards and will continue to do so.
  • Fixed a bug with Experience Boosters granting too much experience in non-Dev Choice AE missions. 1.5XP was giving double XP and 2XP was giving triple XP. These have been corrected to the intended 1.5x and 2x, respectively.

Is this the end of Zombie Shakespeare AE farming?

Who run Bartertown?

48 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Is this the end of Zombie Shakespeare AE farming?

tumblr_ohq3kvQS7K1v4a8wfo2_500.png

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Farming will continue. It might not be quite as lucrative or perfectly survivable as before. Maybe.

Being more open zone than stuck in Ae might be good, but not in a market sense. 

One certain effect is that a lot of farming builds will get minor revisions. Perhaps that's an increase in demand for some IOs?

I actually just came here to warn folks about that! 

I'm not worried. I have my half trillion. They can do their worst. I just will be more of a consumer. But, I'm going to push that they have it backwards. They should take away the xp for under 50 and let the 50s do what they like; they've already earned the privilege. But that's probably biased in my favor. 

But at least I can unlock the slots as usual. 

I can imagine that converters might see a slight increase in price, but nothing else might majorly change.

But I'm surprised this is what caught your attention and not that now is the perfect time to loot controller and dom ATOs to flip when the new powersets hit live.

Actually, no, don't pay attention to that. Forget I mentioned it.

• Haha 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Well...the ATOs are for producing revenue, in that context. I'm not really about that much anymore. I've made more inf than I'll ever spend most likely. What I'm about is making things easier on myself, and avoiding content I'm a bit bored with. iTrials being a large portion of content I really just don't enjoy like I used to. 

It could be Discord, where I have to watch what I say because well, some folks don't want to know what I think about certain topics. And I don't blame them, I don't always want to know what other folks think, either. 
It could be just the sheer repetition. 
Farming vet levels for emps for my alts that will need emps and for my farmers to convert - those are damned useful. I think I'll still be able to do things as before, but my efficiency per run will be much, much lower, and that saddens me. 

Seems to me they should have targeted the lowbies, rather than the fifties. I heard they took AE out of Atlas and Mercy, and I found that super interesting! 
Either way, I'll adjust.

45 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I can imagine that converters might see a slight increase in price, but nothing else might majorly change.

But I'm surprised this is what caught your attention and not that now is the perfect time to loot controller and dom ATOs to flip when the new powersets hit live.

Actually, no, don't pay attention to that. Forget I mentioned it.

Until or unless they fix being able to freely and quickly open packs and retrieve items from Character Items, my involvement in ATOs will be relatively low for me.  Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if I have an alt somewhere that owns a couple hundred of these things that I bid 3-4mm on at some point!

Who run Bartertown?

8 hours ago, Krimson said:

Nah, this will just restore players who want to be farmed back to Peregrine Island, as is the natural order of things. No longer will sitters be stuck in a building where no one can see them. Long live the Unai Kemen arc!

Whats the equivalent on villianside?

I tried out the changes, and I'm not sure they're all that terrible. Granted, I'd need leveling testers to really see the true impact on AE. I don't think AE farming will die, but I think there will also be a large spike in Unai farm mishs.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

16 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

I tried out the changes, and I'm not sure they're all that terrible. Granted, I'd need leveling testers to really see the true impact on AE. I don't think AE farming will die, but I think there will also be a large spike in Unai farm mishs.

So, about the AE changes...here's how they would impact me, if they go in as is: 
I'll gripe, bitch and moan. And I'll get over it, or I'll just stop playing. Not sure which yet. A lot will depend on what they tell us as to the reason why they think this needs to be done. 

14 hours ago, Seed22 said:

Or Old school Harvey Maylor Demon farm?

• Like 1

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer

It's the end of MY AE farming.  I only value one asset in game right now - Empyreans.  So I currently afk farm my alts to vet level 48, then off they go to the end of the bench.  Without that, I'll dust my hands off and say I'm done.  I suppose, if ixp is still granted I'll potentially do AFK-ing to open lore/destiny, which is a current practice.  I don't PL lowbies and I couldn't give 2 craps about inf and recipe drops now.  I have more than enough of these assets to outfit toons in literal perpetuity.

So... success devs!  Just like they had success in getting me to stop doing CoT.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's listed in 2-star and 3-star and 4-star!  Who knows what they will actually implement?!

No, now is the time for us to throw off the shackles of our fat cat Big Confuse overlord flippers and bring the prices of their nefarious niches down to earth.  From Befuddling Aura to Malaise's Illusions, none shall be spared!! (Except the purples, those are good.)

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
you know, I still like editing
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

6 hours ago, Andreah said:

I'm noticing an increase in sales volume. Anyone else? Is there "panic farming" or farmer-outfitting going on?

I have been afk-farming on all accounts to stock up on Emp merits while I can. 

16 hours ago, Black_Assassin said:

Or Old school Harvey Maylor Demon farm?

That's likely to come back into the rotation for me.

I can always rebuild the "Fireproof Scrap" that I had back in the Live days for running that one. (Ukase met Ashirion a few times, as I recall, while he was stabbing his way through the Underground iTrial with an alternate, less-specialized build-) That one can barrel right through Harvey's demons Old School style, should the AE changes prove to be more than Harry or Ossuni can handle.

It won't let me supply you guys with salvage and junk recipes quite as well as we're used to... But it'll be a non-zero contribution.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

10 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

That's likely to come back into the rotation for me.

I can always rebuild the "Fireproof Scrap" that I had back in the Live days for running that one. (Ukase met Ashirion a few times, as I recall, while he was stabbing his way through the Underground iTrial with an alternate, less-specialized build-) That one can barrel right through Harvey's demons Old School style, should the AE changes prove to be more than Harry or Ossuni can handle.

It won't let me supply you guys with salvage and junk recipes quite as well as we're used to... But it'll be a non-zero contribution.

I always kept a lookout for you and FCM; could always rely on both of you to be helpful. 🙂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Black_Assassin said:

The question then becomes what is the best non-AE farmer for outdoors missions?

It's nearly the same. Play-style and build expense tolerance are a big aspects.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 minutes ago, Black_Assassin said:

Off top of head I can think of:

Fire/Kin troller

SS/Fire Brute

Spines/Bio scrapper?

Elec/SD scrapper

Either Unai Kemen or Harvey Maylor

So, I have by no means exhausted my search for the answer to this question. 

You mention two contacts. Harvey, undoubtedly you're referring to the demon farm. 
For Unai, he offers several, the timed puppies, or more likely the Dreck map. 

If you plan to craft and convert drops, I suggest you alternate between the two for the two different kinds of salvage - arcane and tech. That was the one great thing about AE - you got both kinds of salvage. Now you'll want to have both an arcane and a tech farm. 

My vote is for the fire/cold tank. You can easily cap out S/L/F, and with a little more care, cap out En/NE as well, (or close enough). With Fold space, not quite so good on the En/NE, at least it was beyond me. In any event, between Burn and Frost, even though Frost is a cone, on a tank the area of the cone is quite good. Depending on your build you could almost go between just those two, but some resist numbers might suffer with that kind of recharge. 

Fire armor is an interesting choice, because while the lack of KB can be addressed easily enough, the status protection from Plasma Shield is not as good as other Armors. (at least, anecdotally, it doesn't seem to me to be as good) But, it would take an awful lot of stunners to overwhelm a fire tank. But, when I take mine into Moonfire, those vamps will overcome plasma shield every so often. 

For some reason, I haven't tried an ice/fire brute. I probably should. 
SS/Fire brute, I have tried, and when you proc burn and Foot Stomp, it's quite good. The recharge isn't so great, because that's two powers you haven't gotten any global recharge from, but during the rage crash, you have a couple of really good AoE damage attacks to utilize during the rage crash. And, for me, I've never even noticed the defense crash, because I use foot stomp to bounce the npcs, so I don't take any damage. And by the time I use burn, all but the lt and boss are dead, usually. 

I would never use a scrapper as a farmer, and certainly not a controller. 

The advantage of the tank is, while I still can't go afk for a lengthy period of time, I can move the tank into a mob with burn on auto, and come back after a minute, move him and repeat. I don't have to actually pay attention. 

And, while this could be considered an exploit, I'm not above offering someone a free PL if they have fly. They can fly overhead, and I can put my farmer on follow and have the one getting PL'd earn their xp by leading my character to each mob. For Meyler's demon farm, it would work fine. For the Dreck map, it might be a little more annoying with all the debris being obstacles to overcome. And that should take them about 45 minutes to an hour, time enough for me to do something else on another character, or eat lunch or take a call for work. 

1 hour ago, Black_Assassin said:

Off top of head I can think of:

Fire/Kin troller

SS/Fire Brute

Spines/Bio scrapper?

Elec/SD scrapper

Either Unai Kemen or Harvey Maylor

My "Fireproof Scrap" was actually Dual Blade/Willpower. It might not have been the absolute MOST effective pairing, but I know those two sets inside out and went for them based on that familiarity with how they handled large spawns.

If I were going for something like Council Earth (another "classic", Old School farming map-), I'd probably just jump in with my regen-monster Broadsword/Bio Brute. Semnai handles solo +4/x8 Council scanners just fine when I go catalyst-hunting, so she'd probably plow through that map just as well.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice