Techwright

28 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Wow, this takes me back. 

Anyway, some favourites:

Professor Electric Wolfman

The Quantum Rhinoceros
Dragonloom

Lord Glorious Bear and his husband Agent Gigantic Catman

And several others I'm keeping to myself because they were actually good. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Haha 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Take your power sets, then come up with a bad pun that involves them both, ideally.

I just made a ice/stone scrapper.  He was a world class chef until he accidentally ingested 4S ("Super Secret Soldier Serum") when the Council invaded his restaurant as two international agents were making an exchange.  Hilarity and mayhem ensued.

Say hello to Quiche Moraine!

2022-07-13.png.98950dedb5d637a3003e0142759c3c79.png

Who run Bartertown?

I use this site all the time to stimulate my name-thinkin'

https://onelook.com/reverse-dictionary.shtml

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

If the name you want is taken, try adding a title, rank, or honorifics in front of it:

Capt. or Captain

Col. or Colonel

Dr. or Doctor

Gen. or General

Lady or Lord

Lt. or Lieutenant

Maj. or Major

Master

Mr. or Mister

Ms. or Mrs. or Miss

Prof. or Prof.

Pvt. or Private

Sgt. or Sergeant

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 4:26 PM, biostem said:

If all else fails, I look for units of measurement associated with the particular powerset(s) I've selected:

Amp, Volt, Watt, Newton, Coulomb, Curie, Octave, Decibel, Fahrenheit, etc...

And with quantity modifiers if necessary; I had Kilodyne, an En/En Blaster, back on Live.

Or you can go with Dogbert's suggestion to use an astronomical reference as a modifier, although Dilbert's retort of "Uranus-Hertz" shows the potential problems with that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

"Uranus-Hertz"

Well, I can't say I wouldn't be tempted...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've been using Pacific Rim name generators for some characters and MM pets. There are separate ones for Kaiju and Jaegers. They create pretty unique names like:

Jaeger: Titan Bohemian, Echo Rebel, Solar Battler, Crimson Hellion etc.

Kaiju: Shivmaul, Grievance, Tuskblight, Crystalreaver etc.

There are several different generators, all with their own word pools. Easy to find them with Google.

• Thumbs Up 1