Focused Feedback: Reward Merits

As someone said on another thread, why not just make it to where you get all merits from PvP? It needs a boost, since no one PvP's. Isn't that the same as forcing someone to do Trials they really do not wish to do? AND...people love Trials, so they will do them anyway, I am sure no one "farms" the trials. Surely. 

I don't mean this to be antagonistic, it just spotlights how absurd this solution is to some of us, and I hope you guys consider it from another angle. I do not farm, wince when I see someone begging for a farm, but this shotgun approach hits more than just the AE farmers. Running a server like this is not an easy thing to do, and I appreciate all of the work you guys do. It's just I really hate this solution, as it seems to only benefit one group, albeit, maybe a large group. 

Paragon Vanguard
Jerrin Bloodlette
Hughe
Luke Minhere
many others

On 8/15/2022 at 3:59 PM, Neiska said:

For mainly solo players, EMPs are much harder to get than merits or INF.

It supplements, and fills the hole left from not doing trials actually. I don't do trials often because all you are doing is running with a group, little interaction, and they all know exactly where they need to go and what they need to do, because it is done......over and over and over and over and over again. This is what we will ALL now have to do. If you play a villain that does not wish to interact with heroes, good luck. 

Get your daily reward....because you will doing them daily.

• Thumbs Up 1

Paragon Vanguard
Jerrin Bloodlette
Hughe
Luke Minhere
many others

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Some of us have Forever Praetorians who wonder why only Primals can do iTrials in Praetoria. Yes, I do realize that once in a blue moon, someone might run one from Pocket D. Maybe. And forget about joining First and Night Ward mission teams, because Praetorian alignment breaks invites. Your choices are soloing, or running AE in Pocket D. 

MAYBE we should have some scaled back iTrial like things that can be soloed? For those of us who want to PLAY the game rather than WAIT for an opportunity. 

I'd love to have an alternate route to do the Number Six arc too.  The one place in Praetoria a Praetorian cannot go.  That is bloody annoying.

• Thumbs Up 3

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

@Krimson, considering Praetorian Malaise and Mother Mayhem can show up in the Shadow Shard...I'll leave that there!!!!

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

After all this Page 4 Kafuffle is done with, we can petition for better conditions for Forever Praetorians. Like, being able to access Ourobouros and join iTrials that take place in PRAETORIA. Like, maybe they could do something with existing Lore like, Mender Silos did something to make Battalion just not happen. But the timeline he made was favorable to Nemesis, who were able to expand their power base. It was said you could hear something snap in Dream Doctor's head from a block away. Dream Doctor decides to deal with Silos, and launches an attack on Ourbouros. He manages to push it fully into the Shadow Shard. Shenanigans happen, the Ouro Map has a bit of battle damage and a few extra islands, and Praetorians can now access Ouro and do the arcs they outleveled without needing a Pillar of Ice and Flame in a base. 

But yeah, Reward Merits. I still support a way to be able to earn these at a decent pace on your own without having to become an insane antisocial Giant Monster Hunter. 

You can earn them, solo, easily in various ways. And quickly, too.

Every toon I have is self funded and most have min maxed builds. 86 merits by lvl 15, 150 by lvl 22, 300 by lvl 32. And that's just one path. All solo.

another way is 20 merits in 6 minutes.

None of this is task forces.

then there's another way through ouro.

There are many more 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

I like the tip Morality missions. myself... 

If you absolutely want to be buried in a whole pile of merits at once, though, do Doc Q when it's the WST. It's pretty easy to solo or duo and the merit reward is juicy. (Yeah, the hunts are tedious. But there are no AVs involved, and a fair few of the missions are boss-kills that can be stealthed. FCM and I take in a pair of stalkers and clear it in a little under two hours going at a pretty casual pace. Solo takes longer, but really isn't any more difficult.)

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

15 hours ago, Krimson said:

But yeah, Reward Merits. I still support a way to be able to earn these at a decent pace on your own without having to become an insane antisocial Giant Monster Hunter. 

A task force would be nice.  Blue has a task force that starts at level 8.  Red has a strike force that starts at level 15.  Gold has jack.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

23 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I'd like to see an alternate way to get the Task Force Commander Accolade, such as turning TFs into mission arcs for those of us who can't sit in front of a computer for more than an hour at a time. Then I could just casually get accolades on my toons at my own pace. 

I think you can log off while on a TF and when you log back in, you'll still be on the TF:

from https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Task_Force (emphasis mine)

"While running a task force, none of the team's other missions are available to them, and normal contacts won't interact with the player. This also means that stores who are contacts (such as Ghost Falcon or Serafina, for example) are unavailable for purchasing Enhancements during a task force. Arena stores, Pocket D, Wentworth's, and Ouroboros are still accessible to purchase (often much needed) inspirations. Once the task force has formed, you must continue to run the task force until you finish it or drop from it. Task force missions can be run over several play sessions; the game allows you to log out without dropping from the task force."

5 hours ago, Krimson said:

I'd like to see an alternate way to get the Task Force Commander Accolade

There's already an easy alternate way to get TFC. Just run Dakota Berg (Brickstown Signature Story Arc) once on x2 and you'll get the Bloody Hands badge. Then go Red and you'll have access to Lord Schweinzer who gives you all the Mayhem Missions. Get the exploration badge in each one, boom you have Invader. Switch back to Blue, now you have TFC. This entire process takes an hour or less.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 8/18/2022 at 7:07 PM, Ironblade said:

A task force would be nice.  Blue has a task force that starts at level 8.  Red has a strike force that starts at level 15.  Gold has jack.

If Gold were to have a TF/SF, it would really need to happen in the Wards, otherwise the resultant XP would catapult you beyond your contacts in Nova to Neutropolis. OR that set of levels gets shifted a bit to be looser perhaps.

Edited by Darmian
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/18/2022 at 5:50 PM, Arcadio said:

Emp->reward is a large part of what helps me not need to farm to fund new alts. I can get a good number of emps by just playing whatever character I enjoy, much more than I need for their incarnates. This change makes it a useless resource for most of my 50s, and I think it’ll increase the amount of time I’ll be farming rather than playing.

100% agree.

my first thought when I heard of this change was something like "wait, so you mean in their attempt to curb farming they are going to force me to farm??"

On 8/18/2022 at 9:25 AM, Coyotedancer said:

I like the tip Morality missions. myself... 

As do I, I just wish that we had a larger pool of those once we’re in the level 50 range. Perhaps a contact unlock to give us access to them all would be possible as a future update.

• Like 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Very disappointed that this change was published, why bother with feedback threads when the feedback is ignored? At the very least an announcement that the patch was going to go live or something should have been done, now I sit on a ton of merits that are to me useless.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2